Warrior or ranger

Warrior or ranger

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Elena.1543

Elena.1543

I know I’ve asked before and I listened to advice but I tried the classes, and all.
Now I’ve worked out I want to go either ranger or warrior mainly for the ranged ,I know I cant stay in range all the time, But which is more useful, more versatile?

What’s more wanted in dungeons?

is one easier to learn than the other?

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

One of the great things about the warrior is that it’s very straight-forward to learn.

If you’re considering dungeons, then pet management can become a concern with the Ranger.

That’s really the only major input I have for your concerns… sorry it’s not much. Both are viable, I think…. so what’s more engaging for you to play?

~EW

Warrior or ranger

Elena.1543

Normally I go melee with healing in games, But I find in pvp I like the ranged style since if I can keep them as far away form me the better. Not over keen on the looks of heavy armour , but tbh I haven’t seen much of it only the chain stuff mainly

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Rangers can go ranged all the time, unless you got people yelling stack at you. I like the ranger over the warrior for the solo nature in pve.

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Rangers are not only about bows and ranged, you can use melee weapos as your second weapon set, a lot of players do. You can even go only melee if that is what you would like.

This video show you that it is very possible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah7idN0fYW0

Using warrior as a ranged class sound very much backwards to me. I don’t see how you can not struggle as a killshot warrior in PvE. I seen rifle builds in PvP and in WvW, but PVE not so much unless it is a ranged boss that you can not melee.

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I prefer rangers. The downside for me of the warrior being very straightforward and easy to learn is that I find them quite boring to play. But I know other people love them.

Rangers can be very simple – if you use the stereotypical ‘bear bow’ approach it’s pretty much stand at range firing away with a longbow while your pet (or team mates) keep the enemies away so you don’t have to do anything else. But they can also get quite complicated if you choose weapons and skills that require you to get closer and are more dependant on positioning.

It is possible to just use longbow and shortbow on a ranger, what you can’t do is stay at range all the time. Sometimes there’s not enough space, sometimes you need to share boons and sometimes you just can’t get the enemies to stay away. (That last one is where the bearbow really falls apart because people who are used to it generally aren’t used to moving away from or dodging attacks.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Personally I prefer rangers. The downside for me of the warrior being very straightforward and easy to learn is that I find them quite boring to play. But I know other people love them.

Rangers can be very simple – if you use the stereotypical ‘bear bow’ approach it’s pretty much stand at range firing away with a longbow while your pet (or team mates) keep the enemies away so you don’t have to do anything else. But they can also get quite complicated if you choose weapons and skills that require you to get closer and are more dependant on positioning.

It is possible to just use longbow and shortbow on a ranger, what you can’t do is stay at range all the time. Sometimes there’s not enough space, sometimes you need to share boons and sometimes you just can’t get the enemies to stay away. (That last one is where the bearbow really falls apart because people who are used to it generally aren’t used to moving away from or dodging attacks.)

Unless the short bow for rangers have got a buff that i have not heard off, i would say it is a total waste of weapon slot to add that and i have not seen a ranger ever use it. The rangers melee weapons are not complicated at all.

Warrior or ranger

Elena.1543

Thanks all. I’m going to take ranger with longbow as main and the great sword as secondary since I know I need to have some melee , and its best to learn as I go.

Thank you for all the help

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: RedHawk.6049

RedHawk.6049

I’m fairly new to GW2, and enjoy my ranger (my main) a great deal.

I use a longbow for ranged, but also rely heavily on melee combat for greater DPS. In close, sword/axe is my primary weapon set, and the #4 axe skill Path of Scars gives you a nice, quick ranged option. I switch to greatsword when I need to control my position more carefully, as when there’s danger of falling.

The weapon discussion here is a good one: http://dulfy.net/2014/07/05/gw2-ranger-pve-class-guide-by-lorek-and-cell/

Feel free to drop me a line if you like, here or in-game.

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

Personally I’d go with ranger if you plan on playing………. at range. Warriors would suffer more dps loss if you just stay at range all the time but this loss is a lot less for ranger class. You also get some cool pets to help you out and they are cute and fluffy (I have weird tastes). Plus the theme mostly.

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

Warrior or ranger

Posted by: I Assacaster I.2076

I Assacaster I.2076

Nah you need a Warrior, the DPS is greater and alot of groups would rather take a Warrior than a Ranger. Just make sure you go full berserker if you proceed with Warrior