@Warriors

@Warriors

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Percept.8503

Percept.8503

Is it normal for a warrior to able to 1 shot you?

seriously just read it lol

Hundred Blades
Damage (8x): 1,624
Final strike damage: 406
Range: 130

thats a baseline 13398 damage. then you add attributes to that
/rage give me a button that insta kills

0431 USMC

@Warriors

Posted by: Skaramush.3480

Skaramush.3480

You can dodge out of it , youll find that the spinning axe skill probably does more damage to you than that as they have to stand still for 100 blades.

@Warriors

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

You can dodge out of it , youll find that the spinning axe skill probably does more damage to you than that as they have to stand still for 100 blades.

sure you can dodge out of it, give me a ground target attack that does 13k damage that you can also doge out of and i’m sure everyone will be super happy about everyone being killed in 3-4 seconds because we all have op abilitys

oh, i’d also like a stun so you’re not able to dodge out of it, i’d call that balance if every class can do it

@Warriors

Posted by: Percept.8503

Percept.8503

im pretty sure it stuns you. or at least makes it so you cant move

0431 USMC

@Warriors

Posted by: Mellow.5190

Mellow.5190

im pretty sure it stuns you. or at least makes it so you cant move

Nah it doesnt stun or root you, they use a skill beforehand which does that (probably throw bolas which immobolizes you). I know it can be blocked, I was told you’re stun breaker works on it, if not you can always go for a interupt after the first hit of hundred blades to make it go on cd.

@Warriors

Posted by: The Dude.6942

The Dude.6942

there are attacks dealing similar damage which don’t require your enemy to stand still.

simple counter to hundred blades: dodge away. the range is extremely short.

if you’re stunned use cc-breaker skills. if you don’t have any equipped its your own fault.

bottom line: damage is great, the utility in pvp is mediocre at best. practically useless vs skilled players.

@Warriors

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

Warriors at the moment are one trick ponies. Stun target, hit hundred blades, hope they die.

If you’re a decent enough pvper to know how to dodge, block, root, or use your stun break, you can easily deal with warriors.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

@Warriors

Posted by: Takomi.5281

Takomi.5281

I can’t believe you say this.
As an 80 warrior i’m having so many problems in PvP. I have experience from WoW and other MMO’s, so i know the drill, however my hundred blades is just so bad in PvP.
It’s way too easy to jump out of it, and as a Greatsword warrior that’s pretty much your bread and butter – you got nothing else!

@Warriors

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

I’m just gonna link this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-H1zpdg7dU

@Warriors

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

So far as I know the (8x) means that you hit eight times for 1k + dmg… Or am I totally wrong?

@Warriors

Posted by: Jalie.1356

Jalie.1356

That number is the total damage, “8x” only means it is divided into 8 chunks.

@Warriors

Posted by: Redbyte.4897

Redbyte.4897

I agree that warriors have amazing burst with thier adrenaline based mechanic, but when playing on my few other chars i dont problems dealing with them in sPvP.

I used to struggle with these nukes and first and just whine in my head lol.
If you keep focused on them those adrenaline based nukes are easily evaded with right timing. Although i cant say you’d ever be 100% perfect at doing it, but they are easily evaded if you know what to expect from weapon set there using.

@Warriors

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

That number is the total damage, “8x” only means it is divided into 8 chunks.

Firstly, this so much. The big damage comes from stacking power and crit, there’s no multiplying of that damage.

It is easy to avoid though. Other than Hundred Blades Greatsword Warrior only has a normal damage, although a lot of mobility. Get used to dodging it. Don’t stand still in combat, ever. No need, casts work while moving.

I have a much harder time against Dual Axe Warriors.

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

@Warriors

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Of course it’s easy to avoid with dodge. Dodge avoids everything, regardless if it’s a burst that deals 5k damage, or a burst that deals 1 million damage.

Just because you can dodge it, does not means that the ability is fine as it is. Let’s not forget that the elementalist’s burst (just to give one example) is also very easy to dodge, requires 3-6 chained skills, and deals between pitiful damage to decent damage if they’re specced for having 10k health only, and is crippled with much higher recharges. And that’s just one example.

Sure, Warriors have their weak points, like any profession, but that does not means they should have a single “dodge or I win lol” button. If greatswords can’t do much more than that, then the solution is simple: nerf HB a bit, and buff something else within the greatsword. It should at least keep things more varied.

@Warriors

Posted by: dcgregorya.5386

dcgregorya.5386

If you keep focused on them those adrenaline based nukes are easily evaded with right timing.

Justifications like these need some sort of Wiki page. If you gave me an attack that did 100,000 damage on a 60 second cool-down on any class, it’d be regarded as OP yet there would still be a handful of people saying “just dodge it”.

If we consider that this is a group vs group fighting game, you’d want to balance the damage as :

applied_damage = crit_chance_adjusted_damage – (crit_chance_adjusted_damage * likelihood_to_dodge)

And then weigh the applied_damage versus the trade-offs made to achieve that level of damage.

When it comes to superior battle sigil swapping warriors who can build 10+ stacks of might with a 70%+ critical hit chance there just isn’t a lot of “trade” made to have those kind of numbers – as other sigils just aren’t very good compared to superior battle unless you’re running a very particular type of warrior build.

Further, you achieve those numbers out of 100b, eviscerate and kill shot – of which eviscerate is undoubtedly the most imbalanced followed by kill shot followed by 100b thanks to the second part of that fake equation listed above (eviscerate being instant, whereas killshot is channeled and 100b is both channeled and melee ranged).

If you want a broken warrior just run a might stacking build with fast weapon swap, a gap closer if you’re melee and a method of attaining fury and you win, gg – you’ll put out more DPS than 90% of the rest of the builds in the game compared to power points you devoted to your spec.

@Warriors

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

omg, I dont understand how people want to complain about hundred blades when theres so many op classes out there. Warriors are the second worst choose for sPvP right after the elementalists.

Hundred blades don’t even do that much damage and u are stuck with a 30cm skill range. What about infinite rogue combos that they do invisible and take half of your health?

Plus, almost every class can make an “anti-melee” build that will make the warrior hit his screen and throw the guild wars 2 box out of the window. While the warriors are still pretty much like in GW1, they are great for organized team pvp, but need suport to work like that. In 1v1 the warrior have very little chance of winning, specially if he uses the greatsword.

Not to metion the bugged bull charge… Many times when you use bull charge you pass through your target and your hundred blades hit the air while your enemy is laying on the ground behind you.