Way to disable Ctrl + Click auto linking.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Q:

Is there a way to disable the ctrl + click auto linking? I checked in the keybind menu and couldn’t find it.

The reason i ask this is because when trying to use an unidentified dye i started getting an excessive messaging message and the dye wasn’t getting identified and when i switched from the chat tab i made just for whispers i noticed that i had spammed map chat with a bunch of links for the unid dye and i looked down and seen my ctrl was stuck down. I don’t want this to happen again so i am curious if there is a way to disable this auto linking and stick purely to shift clicking whenever i want to link stuff since you have to press enter for it to go through.

If there is no way to disable this then this should option should be added. I am not the only person this has happened to, i see countless people every day with this happening to them with skills and other usable items. When the option to disable this is added (if they add it) it should be disabled by default, this would drastically cut down on map chat spam.

Posted by: Kog.6710

Kog.6710

Yes, please add this option. It happens to me a lot

Posted by: Zabeard Thargskull.7162

Zabeard Thargskull.7162

This also affects people who are using voice PTT as either Shift or Ctrl (some of us are in noisy environments or for which vox doesn’t work) which means clicking on skill causes it to enter the active chat channel and spam then party of friends.

Turning it off or altering it so it only use either Shift or Ctrl would be a help.

BTW Sometime keyboard driver will recognise a key sequence which cause every button or click to be assumed Ctrl is pressed.

Posted by: inscribed.6849

inscribed.6849

Bumping this. No way to disable ctrl+clicking is the single biggest issue I have with this game, and it’s such a simple option to include…. It blows my mind that it wasn’t included in the first place. I can’t even begin to count the number of deaths I’ve taken because I’m holding down ctrl to highlight names, enter combat, then all my commands are going straight to chat. Very, very annoying.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

I gave in and bought a new keyboard, I now use g12 which is next to ctrl for my push to talk key. Linking when chatting in voice was the only time it bothered me.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

There isn’t currently a way to disable it that I know of – it’s definitely annoying though, so maybe this needs to go into the suggestions forum?

Oh, and scroll lock is the best choice I’ve found for push to talk – very few games use it for anything. I map it to my middle mouse button though because it’s a pain to get to on my keyboard.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

I have my g12 mapped to scroll lock as well.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

You think that’s bad… I once had it link a skill into /say when I was in /map and hadn’t even pressed ctrl.

Yeah. I’m freaking magical.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

especially for people who click rather then use keybinds.. too often i see people randomly linking their moves.D

given, sometimes people do it on purpose to illustrate a point or educate. but yes. an option for this would be nice.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: RubusKing.9214

RubusKing.9214

I find this very very VERY annoying. I’m using ctrl and alt for skills. for example main skills are 12345, class skills are alt+1, alt+2, etc and utility skills being ctrl+1, ctrl+2. It causes MASSIVE issues, ranging from spamming targets on the map chat to cursor being hidden and unable to select location for aoe skills etc.

Why this hasn’t been fixed yet as this issue’s raised 3 months ago…?

Can we have some confirmation that this topic is even read by ANet?

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

I’m waiting on an answer to this too….

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

There isn’t currently a way to disable it that I know of – it’s definitely annoying though, so maybe this needs to go into the suggestions forum?

There must be a way, because I have the exact opposite problem: I can’t ctrl+click to link items. It just doesn’t link anything. But I wish I could.

Posted by: Rekia.1480

Rekia.1480

This happens to me so much since in other MMOs ctrl + click is usually the dressing room feature, so I end up linking stuff that I want to try on. :\

If anyone knows a way to disable it, please let us know!

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Here’s one for your Twitch Channel show!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you’re using Mumble, you can Suppress the key. What that does is it makes the key ONLY activate VOIP, however, it also means that any other binds with that key will be rendered useless.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

They really just need to get rid of the function. No one needs to Ctrl-Click an item to put it in chat. Ever.

Shift Click is better and never results in accidental spam.

Posted by: Blackxanthas.9183

Blackxanthas.9183

so sad to here there isn’t a way to change this in the control options at all, so frustrating and annoying spamming channels while trying to hold a conversation, and just oddball to change for only the one game