Weapons and objectives

Weapons and objectives

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sworoth.2586

sworoth.2586

So I just got back to guild wars 2, at the time of its launch it was not very advanced compared to other mmos, but now its one of the few mmos that has substance in it. Not everything seems to be a clone. I started working on a charr character

Really enjoying the charr story, but I did have a question about weapons, is it possible to equip a charr warrior/guardian with a spear and shield? Something Ive always wanted to do for my warrior classes across other mmos. Yes long before 300 every came out lol. Given how guild wars was, I honestly do not know if this is possible down the road, or not possible at all.

Next question in regards to scouts that direct you on your journey is their anyway you can turn off dynamic events. Or at least control the objectives that flood into your objective screen. Today I could have sworn I saw a scout in a certain area of the map but once I hit one of these events, it no longer showed up on the map. So now I am hesitant as I want to make sure I clear the area before moving on.

Also if I remember correctly scouts are your main source for direction and story line correct? Or was there something I missed?

Thank you for any help you may provide

Weapons and objectives

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Spears are a two-handed weapon and for underwater only, so no you can’t use a spear and shield on land, but yes you can use spear underwater and equip a shield and a mace, sword or axe on land.

Dynamic events are the main thing in the maps, hearts are just little side quests that point you to areas where dynamic events may appear. But if you want to take out dynamic events from the little pointer at the top of your screen, then you can do so in the Options tab.

Edit: So much typo’s. x.x

(edited by Melanie.1240)

Weapons and objectives

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Doing the dynamic event is usually the fastest way to complete the heart quest in the area.

The scouts only show up on your map when you are missing part of that area, either a heart, way point, POI, skill point or vista. Once you have completed all of those for that area of the map that scout will disappear from your map. Looking for a scout on the map is a good way to find the lasting thing you are missing for that map’s completion.

Weapons and objectives

sworoth.2586

Thank you for the reply’s. As I level my charrs I begin to look at these dynamic events in a different light. Especially at times I have had them go off exactly in the same area suddenly and without warning, which has created chaotic battles with npcs. Something I never thought I would live to see in a mmo.

I have been using guild wars 2 wiki to answer many of my noob questions, but its information is out of date on player vaults. I could not find any information on this via dulfy.net guild wars 2 either. I managed to somehow open my vault on the one character, and I thought I figured out how I did it. The problem was the icon I saw for the vault was the same one for the guild items, which I found out later. So any help on this would be appreciated.

Weapons and objectives

Melanie.1240

What exactly do you mean with vault? A guild? You can find guilds in map chat or the guild section on this forum. I believe (some) servers also have dedicated sites where guilds may recruit.

Weapons and objectives

sworoth.2586

Just trying to use the language I found on the guild wars2 wiki. Anyways after I wrote this post I ran into the character bank. Now that I know where its at problem solved.

Reached level 18 got about two more levels before the next part of the story. The events are not really giving me much exp at this point. There is one area on the the starting zone for charr, that I have not entered. It is located south of victor’s Presidium, which is located just east of the black citadel. The only entrance into this area, requires a guild officer to grant you access? It also holds the last skill point that I need for this map. I do not know the name of the area as I have not been in it yet. Atleast that seems to be the only way in.

Thanks for any help you can give ahead of time

Weapons and objectives

Melanie.1240

Oh, haha well I never heard about the word vault (not a Native English speaker so not sure if it means anything in English or if it’s a name). A normal player bank has a bag icon (when you hover over the icon on the map it says Banker) and the guild bank has a chest icon on the map (which says Guild Banker).

That area is for guild missions and will open up when you get a guild to go there and start a mission. You never need to go into a guild mission area to unlock a Point of Interest/Skill Point/Vista (sometimes you just have to run to the door, but you never need to go in). I’m looking at my completed map and I don’t see any skill points there. Are you sure there is no other skill point to be completed anywhere else? The little pointer at the right top of your screen may point you to the right place (especially if you disable Personal Story and Events in the Options tab so it only points at things on the map to unlock), or you can lookup the map on Google and carefully compare it with yours.

Weapons and objectives

sworoth.2586

Yea the skill point on the map is showing up in that area. Ill give those options a try.

Weapons and objectives

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Oh, haha well I never heard about the word vault (not a Native English speaker so not sure if it means anything in English or if it’s a name). A normal player bank has a bag icon (when you hover over the icon on the map it says Banker) and the guild bank has a chest icon on the map (which says Guild Banker).

Well a bank usually has a vault but I’ve never see anyone refer to it as that in GW2. The game itself uses either “bank” or “material storage”/“collectibles” depending on what it is referring to.

Weapons and objectives

sworoth.2586

Really the vault thing again? wow https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_vault

Anyways need some suggestions on leveling zones. After the initial charr starting zone, and Diessa Plateau. I find things are starting to turn into meager slave boy stuff. Like helping a barkeeper keep there bar going or farming. Not my cup of tea. Wondering what zones are known for combat quests and dynamic events? After Diessa Plateau

Weapons and objectives

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

All zones have dynamic events. And unless you choose to venture into spvp to get tomes for leveling or wvw to level up in there, you’ll have to continue leveling with hearts (the quests) and map completion. Hearts will sometimes be done by killing things, gathering things, or (as is most often the case) by doing a combination of different tasks. Once you get to around level 70, you can venture into Orr, which has no hearts and relies more on dynamic events. And then the level 80 zones Dry Top and Silverwastes are all event-based.

Weapons and objectives

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Dynamic Events

You can’t control when these start (or progress). That’s what the ‘dynamic’ part of the name indicates; they’re started by hidden timers, or sometimes triggered by specific circumstances (usually the outcome of a preceding event) and they progress regardless of whether you or anyone else is joining in or not.

You also can’t really ‘clear’ them since they’ll start up again sooner or later and you can keep doing them whenever they come up, even if you’ve completed them before.

You should join in when you see them, unless you’ve done them lots of times before or they’re sending you in completely the wrong direction. You can also drop out any time and as long as you stay in the map you’ll get a reward at the end based on your participation.

Plains of Ashford skill point

That skill point isn’t inside the guild mission area (as someone else mentioned you never have to go into them to complete the map). The one I assume you’re referring to (the only one in that area) is south of Lake Adorea (south of Charr’s Triumph), you get to it by going along a cliff on the west side of the lake.

If you’re ever stuck on something like this and don’t mind potential spoilers the wiki has fully uncovered, labelled maps for each area, and pages for each area of the map which will often explain how to reach things like tricky vistas and skill points.

Where to level

All maps have a combination of combat events/hearts and ones requiring non-combat activities and they all have dynamic events (in fact higher level maps don’t have hearts, only dynamic events). It’s a good idea to finish off the remaining hearts because you get a pretty nice reward for 100% completing a map (you can see your progress by pressing M and looking at the list on the left hand side).

But you do also have the option of going to any map at or below your level. If you go into the Black Citadel you’ll see a pink swirl icon on the map just north of The Bane; that’s an asura gate which will take you to Lion’s Arch, the main hub city. (Don’t mind the miss, they’re rebuilding).

There will be 4 other portals in front of you, which lead to the other races starting cities and from there you can go into their starting areas. You can play in them just like in the charr starting zone (the only problem is you’ll have to go back to the charr areas to do your personal story, but you can do that just as easily as you left).

Because of down-scaling even if you’re doing hearts and events below your level you’ll still get decent XP and items you can use.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”