Well the game is running for a awhile now... just to know it's not me..

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Radik.9078

Radik.9078

I am playing gw2 for a week now and i just wandering is there anyone else who crashes a lot?
Everytime allmost after awhile playing i notice my inventory is full and i just want to go to the bank, i don’t know but most of the time i try to teleport to divinty’s from outside.. the game just crash is it only me? or it’s common and going to be fixed?

Posted by: Zellgadis.2170

Zellgadis.2170

I personally haven’t had a single crash. Only a few server disconnects.

Posted by: iPhoenixi.4793

iPhoenixi.4793

I crash quite often (Though it’s not a CTD (Crash to Desktop). I get a random black screen with none of the game functioning with the exception of the music and the mouse cursor. These crashes have a thing for their timing. They make me crash in boss fights, dungeons and personal story leading me to stop these activities until a fix comes up.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Posted by: Quidel.2401

Quidel.2401

No issues. Try turning down the setting. It takes a good cpu and gpu to run high settings.

Radik.9078

what graphic card do you use? i heard there might b a problem with nvidia new serious cards (500) and some of the radeon HD cards

Posted by: Quidel.2401

Quidel.2401

what graphic card do you use? i heard there might b a problem with nvidia new serious cards (500) and some of the radeon HD cards

New is the 600’s and the drivers for the 500’s are golden. I have three computers running the game. One has two gtx 260’s in sli, need to turn settings down allot. A gtx 570, almost full settings. A gtx 580 with i5(4.2ghz) and it runs the game at max with no issues. Anything less and I’m having to lower or turn off some settings to make it perfectly smooth. CPU does make a differance in this game.

Radik.9078

that’s odd my game is running smoothly and all of a sudden it’s just quit the game and go to desktop… i got no black screen no need to hard reset i just start the game over and it runs for another 20 minutes… the computer does not get stuck even a bit! just kick me out.. but it doesn’t seems like a connection issue… wierd

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

i run everything maxed out and have not had a single crash or black screen. im running an i5 2600k oc to 4.4gh, 8 gb of ram, gtx 560 superclocked. and the games installed on a ssd in raid 0. hope this helps if you decide to upgrade your pc.

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I am running 2 nividia 250 GTX cards SLIed. Each with 1 gig video ram and have the game on the highest settings. The card is over 2 1/2 years old. So it is outdated.

I have absolutely no problems running the game at the highest setting available. Have a P55 motherboard and an i7 chip. They are also 2 1/2 years old.

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

Zero crashes here, have you had a look at the game logs to see if it says anything about the crashes? Running a 7870 here

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

i run everything maxed out and have not had a single crash or black screen. im running an i5 2600k oc to 4.4gh, 8 gb of ram, gtx 560 superclocked. and the games installed on a ssd in raid 0. hope this helps if you decide to upgrade your pc.

I will cry for you if your Raid 0 fails one day :P (if one disk fails the rest fail)

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I haven’t crashed or D/Ced once in my entire time on GW2.

That’s a lot of time

So yeah. Probably your computer.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

@iPhoenixi.4793 Check the Tech support forum there are threads for black screen crashes for both Nvidia and Radeon cards

Posted by: wyrmwulf.1824

wyrmwulf.1824

i had no crash issues at all until yesterday, and i have had about 5/6 sudden crashes.

Posted by: Kelein.5836

Kelein.5836

I have a lot of crash too, especially when teleporting back to main cities. I’ve read somewhere that’s a known issue with Nvidia cards on Win XP 32 bits.

Posted by: davadude.6017

davadude.6017

I have not had a single crash so far. Make sure your processor and GPU are running at acceptable temperatures.

davadude – Ego Sum Promptus

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Surpisingly, I haven’t had many problems with the game crashing outside one time during an sPvP match. Game seems to be running smooth on most of my buddies computer’s also (Outside it kind of causing a few graphic cards to heat up into the 80+ range… watch out for this, people :o).

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Posted by: vidiotking.1928

vidiotking.1928

e8400, 560ti, 4gigs ram, vista64. Not a single crash, great performance at high settings. Although I haven’t done any pvp yet. I’m sure I’ll take a HUGE performance hit there. So far though, pretty flawless on my pc.

Led Zeppelin, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Grateful Dead, & Miles Davis.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

No crash issues at all….so far.

Raf

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: rmcg.8317

rmcg.8317

I crash quite often and when I crash the game will not reboot without a computer restart. It has been quite a hindrance and I have missed the ends of dungeons and many WvW battles (thrown to back of queue) because of these crashes. My game runs fine otherwise. (edit: the nature of my crash is that the game screen freezes and the game becomes non responsive).

Posted by: Damaskinos.7150

Damaskinos.7150

No crashes on my part, but I know many that have had the issue. Keep on eye on your CPU usage as the game is CPU bound. I have also heard that people have ran the EXE in compatibility mode for XP and it has solved a lot of CTDs.

Assisting other players, one Google search at a time. :)
Sorrows Furnace — Damaskinos.7150
Super Taco Squad / The Elder Night