What Class Would You Recommend Next?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kraziyk.6183

kraziyk.6183

Hi,

I recently got my first level 80 toon, a Human Elementalist, and run double daggers. Love the class and the only thing I wish I had done different is made her a Slyvari. But no big deal there. I also have a level 62 Engineer, which I have mixed feelings playing. The class is cool but I’m not in love per say.

I would like to get a second toon, well I guess a third toon, that I’ll actually level up and play, like my Ele. Which might you suggest. Just getting peoples opinions.

Thanks.

Slyvari Engineer | Scarlet Mara

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

First give us some info about your playstyle, what game mode do you prefer ? And what role you want to be ?

If we dont know these everyone will recommend their own fav classes to you which mean it might not fit you like your Engineer and will end up confusing you.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I admit surprise that you aren’t feeling the engi, given similar complexity and tactical thinking required to that of the elementalist. Maybe it’s more a thematic issue? If so, I would recommend trying either ranger, necro, or mesmer.

kraziyk.6183

So I gave engineer anot her shot and I’m liking it more than before. I haven’t dropped any tomes of knowledge or my level 80 boost on it yet but it may be my new class.

Putting that aside I do solo a lot of the time and I’m really into the lore and story line so that’s my focus. I love doing the world bosses and events and I like the idea of doing damage but I know from experience that I’m not the kind of person you want to tank or be the pull for any major battles. I’m better of doing damage and getting out of the way than keeping it off of people. With my elementalist I found that I can pull the attention off others when needed but I lmnot a tank for sure. I also know I’m not a healer, I want to still be in the battle, not that healers aren’t I just know that isn’t my type.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Based on your playstyle the 1st class come to the list is

1st – Necro/Reaper since your major attention is soloing stuff nec/reaper can give you alot of sustain damg, ton of survival and an army follow to protect you whenever you want, note that this class do not have much party support but its a monster in solo contents.

2nd – Ranger/Druid unlike necro this class can have a lot party support and druid are one of the main heal class in game, with pet take hard hit for you while you can focus on doing other stuff, this class kinda Jack of All Trades.

3rd – Mesmer/Chrono this one has very different and unique gameplay among the game, mes damg is not high, hard to play but in exchange for alot of fun, with proper setup you can take on anything in 1v1 situation, clones/phantasm can help keep aggro pretty good, a lot of party support – an utility class.

kraziyk.6183

Thanks, I hadn’t even touched the Necro yet, which is odd as I played the Necro religiously in GW and for some reason never tried them here. Honestly, I got caught up with being able to play a Charr when I bought the game.

I’ll give it a shot tonight and see what I think.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Hi,

I recently got my first level 80 toon, a Human Elementalist, and run double daggers. Love the class and the only thing I wish I had done different is made her a Slyvari. But no big deal there. I also have a level 62 Engineer, which I have mixed feelings playing. The class is cool but I’m not in love per say.

I would like to get a second toon, well I guess a third toon, that I’ll actually level up and play, like my Ele. Which might you suggest. Just getting peoples opinions.

Thanks.

Hmmm well engineers are very versatile, you may like scrapper spec later on, however id ifs thematic and you want alloy of variety like the ele I suggest warrior for all the different viable weapons builds, it may seem like a simple class and it is but it doeant mean it isn’t hard to master, or an elementalist for the complexity and varied ways to play, I hear they have complex/varied rotations.

kraziyk.6183

I just wanted to update this and say that I did give the Engineer a shot, used my level 80 boost on it because I love the Engineer and it just fits my play style really well. I haven’t had any problems.