What Does "DS taxi 1 comm" mean?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Okay, I know DS = Dragon stand, I know what a ‘taxi’ is … but what does ‘comm’ mean?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

It means they have 1 commander tagged up.

Kraggy.4169

Ah, yeah, of course.

Thanks.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

I thought I’d bump this since I have a very similar question about LFG.

I assume something like 2,12,50 refers to Fractals that the group wants to do, but what does “P1 Exp” mean?

‘Exp’ could mean ‘experience points’ (wanting to earn XP) or ‘experienced’ (asking for someone who knows the content) but I can’t figure what P1 is (I’ve seen several ‘P’ numbers).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I assume something like 2,12,50 refers to Fractals that the group wants to do, but what does “P1 Exp” mean?

‘Exp’ could mean ‘experience points’ (wanting to earn XP) or ‘experienced’ (asking for someone who knows the content) but I can’t figure what P1 is (I’ve seen several ‘P’ numbers).

“P1 Exp” = Path 1 Explorable Mode. Every dungeon has a Story Mode and then multiple “paths” (versions of the dungeon) of Explorable Mode. So, if you see someone posting “P1 Exp”, they’re looking for a group for Path 1 of some dungeon (and likely posting their LFG post in the Open World section instead of the proper section).

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Garathorn the Brave.3162

Garathorn the Brave.3162

How does the ‘taxi’ process actually work?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

A player in the destination instance creates an LFG advertising it as a taxi. Players who want to join that instance of the map use LFG to join the party, then right click on the player who created the LFG and select ‘Join in <map name>’.

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

How does the ‘taxi’ process actually work?

Player A is on a map he wants to fill. He puts an entry into the LFG tool, eg. “DS taxi 1 comm”. People join the group, right click on his portrait and select “join in <map>” or zone to this map and leave the group again.

It’s best to leave the group again as soon as you’re on the map so player A can continue putting up LFG entries. However you’re blocked after a while, even if you alter the text every time, so it takes more than one player to fill a map.

Posted by: Garathorn the Brave.3162

Garathorn the Brave.3162

Thanks Kiza. So the map they’re pulling everyone to may actually be an empty map at the start…it’s just that he’s ferrying people in!

Only wondered as I’ve often ended up on empty maps trying to defeat a Boss that was just not gonna go down… there’s no way of getting to a busier map though…not like GW1 where you could retry entering a different district. :-)

I’ll keep my eyes on the LFG panel in future :-)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This has been answered but I am curious why people put this into the general LFG section. There is no indication of which P1 when they do this, is it just a hit or miss thing to get people to party with you? Also people who put nothing in the description just have a profession sitting there with no indication of where in the game you are. Why do this?

Kiza.5630

Thanks Kiza. So the map they’re pulling everyone to may actually be an empty map at the start…it’s just that he’s ferrying people in!

In case of Dragon’s Stand it’s most likely an empty map where a commander ended up after the map reset. These will fill quite fast, only because there is a commander tag on the map.

Only wondered as I’ve often ended up on empty maps trying to defeat a Boss that was just not gonna go down… there’s no way of getting to a busier map though…not like GW1 where you could retry entering a different district. :-)

It certainly would be nice to have a list of running map instances with population numbers that allows you to pick one. But that probably would cause too much map hopping for resources and busier maps so that information is hidden from us.

If you want to do the meta event, best way to catch a busy map is to have a look at the LFG tool when it starts/resets. https://fiddle.jshell.net/dulfy/q2wfdbnn/show/light/

Verdant Brink: ~15 mins before nightfall
Auric Basin: When the challenges start
Tangled Depths: ~10 mins before the prep phase
Dragon’s Stand: at reset

Outside the meta events there are rarely taxis, so no real way to hop to a busier map. Short of organizing things yourself of course.

Kiza.5630

This has been answered but I am curious why people put this into the general LFG section. There is no indication of which P1 when they do this, is it just a hit or miss thing to get people to party with you?

By mistake I guess.

Also people who put nothing in the description just have a profession sitting there with no indication of where in the game you are. Why do this?

I’ve done this, too, the first time I tried the LFG tool. Click and see what actually happens. I see many new players in the game, probably just trying to figure something out.

Kraggy.4169

“P1 Exp” = Path 1 Explorable Mode. Every dungeon has a Story Mode and then multiple “paths” (versions of the dungeon) of Explorable Mode. So, if you see someone posting “P1 Exp”, they’re looking for a group for Path 1 of some dungeon (and likely posting their LFG post in the Open World section instead of the proper section).

Ah, thank you for that, I’ve barely touched the dungeons and never been in an ‘explorable’ variant.

Thanks.

Kraggy.4169

I’ll keep my eyes on the LFG panel in future :-)

Just be aware that the map you’re trying to get into via the taxi may be full and your transfer won’t work, in that case you can re-try the “Join in” option a few times, sometimes you’ll be lucky to get in .. and if the map is nearly full it’ll give you the best chance of completing stuff like HoT zone metas.