What LvL does leveling becomes truly fun?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Awayne.5783

Awayne.5783

Well the topic title says it all, I’m dissapointed how boring leveling is sometimes in this game, same heart quests over different areas are getting pretty annoying tho and I’m just at level 17.

I thought I would face fun quests and massives bosses in all levels not only at high levels.

/dissapointed

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

When you hit lvl 30 you can run Ascalonian Catacombs, the first dungeon. Its a breath of fresh air from running Tasks out in the field. Just make sure you get into a group that can explain everything to you.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

It starts being fun around lv 2. For me, at least.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Depends on what you like to do and what you’re doing. Heart quests were made to replace the traditional “pick up quest -> kill x number of y monster -> turn in quest -> pick up another” quest hubs, but are still acknowledged by many players as one of the most boring parts of the game. I ended up ignoring hearts for my leveling and just ran around exploring and looking for events, and past 40, I started running dungeons with my guild. It’s slower, but I found it more enjoyable, and doing events in the area often filled nearby hearts.

Also, have you been to Metrica Province or the swamp in Queensdale yet? There are massive bosses there for low levels- the Fire Elemental and the Shadow Behemoth. At level 50, you’re able to fight the Shatterer, a crystal dragon, and around 60 you can fight Tequatl, an undead dragon. They’re easy by necessity due to the fact that most random groups can’t coordinate their way out of a pocket folder, but worth a look regardless.

That being said, leveling really can grind on you (haha) even though it’s better in GW2 than most other games, especially if you’re not into exploring everything and finding little easter eggs. If you haven’t yet, try to find a nice guild or make some friends- people make leveling much more fun, even if you’re just chatting with them.

EDIT: If massive battles are your thing, WvW might interest you. Though I will say that the experience (not the kind that fills a bar) will vary from server to server.

Also, take a look at different classes. It might be that the one you’re playing doesn’t interest you. I like leveling my thief since I enjoy combat on her, but warrior and guardian bore me fast.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Posted by: jmaster.6574

jmaster.6574

Well the topic title says it all, I’m dissapointed how boring leveling is sometimes in this game, same heart quests over different areas are getting pretty annoying tho and I’m just at level 17.

I thought I would face fun quests and massives bosses in all levels not only at high levels.

/dissapointed

What class and race are you? Sometimes that is a determining factor. Have you participated in any of the events? Do you like any of them? Have you been to different areas of the map, different regions, etc?

The truth is, this is all a matter of opinion. What we may find not boring, you may find boring.

Posted by: Awayne.5783

Awayne.5783

When you hit lvl 30 you can run Ascalonian Catacombs, the first dungeon. Its a breath of fresh air from running Tasks out in the field. Just make sure you get into a group that can explain everything to you.

And here comes another point, my server is empty in all times! I have been logged since 10 am ( GMT – 3 ) to 8 pm ( GMT – 3 ) and i barely see 30-40 people, even the /map chat is dead ( Lion’s Arch )

(edited by Awayne.5783)

Falunel.7645

And here comes another point, my server is empty in all times! And this is my first weekend playing it.

You can guest onto a more populated server for PvE. Open the world selection window in the character screen, select a world, and choose to guest on it.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

same heart quests over different areas are getting pretty annoying tho and I’m just at level 17.

Heart quests aren’t exactly the fun part, although there are some good ones around. The fun part of levelling is the serendipity – dynamic events that happen around you, epic boss battles with two or three random people who happened to be nearby… It’s less structured than solo questing, but those moments are great. Sadly to some extent it does rely on luck, but my advice would be don’t feel like you have to stick too close to the hearts. Wander off and explore sometimes! You’ll find cooler stuff, and stumbling across it is more fun.

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

For me it was level 30. Your full skill bar is unlocked and you have access to an elite skill. You can join a group for the first dungeon. You have twenty trait points to work with. Personal Story starts getting nteresting and tasks get more involve than “clean up my farm”.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: Czinger.6314

Czinger.6314

/dissapointed

All of them.

This games a Beast.

/Thread

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz-16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For me it’s as soon as you get out of the introduction instance and into the real world. But then I like quests and exploring.

If it’s the heart quests you don’t like you might be glad to know they get rarer as you move to higher level maps. They were added basically to give a sense of familiarity to people used to traditional MMO quests so they wouldn’t feel like they had no idea what to do or where to go, but as you play they’re phased out in favour of more dynamic events.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Depends on what you like to do and what you’re doing. Heart quests were made to replace the traditional “pick up quest -> kill x number of y monster -> turn in quest -> pick up another” quest hubs, but are still acknowledged by many players as one of the most boring parts of the game.

Actually, they were not. Events were designed to replace the traditional pickup quests – hearts were designed as ‘event hubs’, showing players were events are especially likely/frequently to occur, and giving them something to do (as well as a reward in form of a karma vendor) while waiting for events. They were also meant to show players where they would find level appropriate content/enemies.

You can fight exciting bosses from ~ lvl 15 on – they are on a rather long timer though and usually have pre-events leading up to an interesting boss encounter.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Tajmo.1836

Tajmo.1836

Once you get to Orr would be my 2c.

“all your shinies are belong to us” – Skritt Citizen

Posted by: Supasilvafoxy.1247

Supasilvafoxy.1247

As for a couple of others replying – leveling gets interesting for me from the get-go. Of course stuff like that is subjective – what floats my boat doesnt necessarly float yours.

I like the heart quests on all levels and the dynamic quests that pop up when you are in the area, I hate those MMO’s that have you checking in with contacts to get mission/quests.

Not brown-nosing or anything like that but GW2 has hit the nail right on the head in lots of aspects imo.

Good luck and Happy gaming!

Though wrinkles don’t look pretty, thankfully they don’t hurt.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

For me it’s as soon as you get out of the introduction instance and into the real world. But then I like quests and exploring..

^ This for me too.

I really enjoy going from 1-30 because its quick, constantly getting new skills, equipment and having to make decisions about your character.

31+ you have all your skills, including elite, so everything slows down with only traits to unlock.

80 level you only have half a dozen worthwhile options to do and the game becomes more and more boring until you go and play a different game entiely…

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

What Wolfheart said, lvl 2.

As others have said…
The game is what you make it. So many options that boredom or lack of excitement is in the hands of the player.

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

1-10 is boring, having to open skills, no weapon swap.
40-60 is a huge grind, personal story gets real lame and you want to get traits sorted but there’s no real point till level 80. You also realise that you’ve been forced to buy 3 traits books when you would have preferred to just buy the one end one.

I think lvl 30 is the the best ‘leveling’ level as its about this time personal story starts to get interesting. You get your elite and you start thinking seriously about your traits, from here it’s down hill till you hit level 80.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

/dissapointed

Let me guess, You are running around trying to do every heart quest like you did in wow or other mmo like wow. Did you bother to talk to any npc, start any chain event, follow up on that chain and see where it goes?

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Right at level 1 for me. Then again it has been a bit different depending on the class. I know that I could not stand leveling and Engineer and I have tried three times. It just doesn’t seem to be for me. However I really enjoyed my warrior and my guardian leveling and I am now loving my necro leveling.

Posted by: Gorgazm.7805

Gorgazm.7805

Level 1.

I just got my first 80 last night, the whole way through was very enjoyable.

I did stop playing for a few months, but that was not because the game got boring, that was for other reasons.

Posted by: Leite.9475

Leite.9475

Personally i think lvl 30 is where things get more fun, because by that point you have all your utility skill slots unlocked, and should have a fair amount of skill points to allow you to experiment… and if you want to be cautious about your skill point spending, always head to the spvp area to try them out beforehand

[Faith] – Maguuma ~ Sigzerker

Posted by: Rainbow.3496

Rainbow.3496

I played since beta, got to lvl 27 then quit. I come back ,two months later, and got 3 lvl 80’s and cant remember why i quit in the first place. Maybe its because there is so much in the game its overwhelming. But im kicking myself because all i need is the precursor for twilight and missed the lost shores event due to quitting. Dont quit. this games awesome. Level with friends. If you dont wanna complete areas, just do WvW or dungeons with pals, you dont have to rush to 80.

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

Level 80 is when leveling becomes fun. But seriously >50.

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

^^ Agreed. From level 50 upwards leveling becomes quick, fun and you really get to see your build shine!

Sylvari for life. <3

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

It’s fun right away! I don’t want to leave Queensdale because so many things are happening there. Also there are many players, only problem is everyone is like a mime who doesn’t say anything. I want to talk to people …

Falunel.7645

It’s fun right away! I don’t want to leave Queensdale because so many things are happening there. Also there are many players, only problem is everyone is like a mime who doesn’t say anything. I want to talk to people …

Come guest on Tarnished Coast. /cough

Map chat’s fairly questionable (especially since it seems all the trolls are guesting to our server to have a larger audience), but there’s quite a number of decent individuals. I’d also recommend looking into a guild.