What & When to Salvage

What & When to Salvage

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Q:

I’m 80. I run dungeons and DEs and world bosses. Ya know, the whole PvE thing. I get drops (mostly blues & greens obviously). Some are lvl 80, some are not. Everything white I salvage cuz they don’t sell for jack. But when and what else do I salvage? Do I salvage lvl 80 blues that vend for 1s or just merch em? What about lvl 77 blues? Greens? If I can get 30s from a rare on the TP, should I sell it or salvage it?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

Currently salvaging it part of the monthly so I have been salvaging everything, but normally I just vendor sell everything except level 78+ rares. Those I will sell on the TP of the price is right, or salvage for the ecto’s.

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: Tony.6028

Tony.6028

I still follow the salvaging guide outlined in #1a-d of this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/So-You-Hit-80-A-Quick-Endgame-Handbook

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For masterwork 2 handed weapons/chest piece/legging I sell to the vendors. The others get forged.

I also salvage all blues but in reality I should be salvaging JUST the heavy armor and weapons since cloth and leather are practically worthless.

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Greens 78+ get forged, Yellow stuff to the TP or salvaged for ektos, Blue to the vendor. White I usually also salvage.

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: Mazer.8923

Mazer.8923

Exotics I’ll either sell outright or salvage with a BL kit if the rune/sigil is worth more. Rare weapons I forge and armor I salvage. Greens I’ll either vendor or forge for more rares (esp if there is a daily) . I check the TP as well since sometimes I can get more for them then vendoring will net me, even with the TP fee. Blues I vendor and white heavy/light armor I salvage if it is level 80, otherwise ill either vendor it or sell it on TP even if I only make some copper. You’d be surprised how quickly even a little can add up.

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I salvage whites with basic kits. Vendor all blues and greens. I have found most rares sell for about the price of an ecto on TP so I just use black lion or master kits to salvage level 68+ rares and vendor anything lower. I check the selling prices of exotics level 68+. Most sell for much more than an ecto so I will TP them. If not then I will black lion/master salvage.

What & When to Salvage

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I’m sure my method is overkill, but I like hoarding what little money I get:

• Use a Basic Salvage Kit on whites that will give mithril/elder wood
  • Vendor (in some cases, BLTC) all other whites, blues, and greens
  • Sell on BLTC rares that are worth substantially more than an ecto (remember, BLTC fees eat profits and major runes/sigils go for 3+ silver)
  • Salvage all other rares using a Master/Mystic kit
  • Vendor exotics that have a good price (worth more than 2 ectos + sigil/rune + BLTC fees)
  • Use a Black Lion Salvage Kit exotics with runes/sigils I want, use Master/Mystic Kit on others (or save for mystic forge)