What and where is the Gem store?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

I am not 100% clear on the acquisition of gems outside of in-game gold, but seeing as how I am brand new to the game I have no gold, so I am wondering how I would buy it with RL currency?

Is this the same place that you would buy character slots?

Where do I find it? (I can’t find anything on the website shop).

I’m sorry if this is in a FAQ or has been asked before, I just can’t seem to get a clear answer. >_>;

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

When in-game (past the character selection screen), click the button that looks like a lion in the bar in the upper-left corner of your screen. Then select the top tab to be brought to the Gem Store.

You can purchase gems (with real-world money) by clicking a button beneath the box that shows your current amount of gems. You can convert gold to gems in a separate tab of the window.

Yes, this would be where you purchase additional character slots. It should be in the Upgrades tab of the store.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Riot.5210

Thanks!

And am I correct in assuming that if I buy gems, I can sell them for gold? I just hate being broke in a new game, haha.

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

You can, by converting gems to gold in the same tab used to convert gold to gems, but gold isn’t very important early on. You can make enough money to cover your needs by selling the crafting materials that drop from enemies. In lategame, you can farm Orr (the endzone) or run dungeons for money.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Riot.5210

Ah, I see. For now I just want to save up for a Air Elemental mini-pet, as I play an Air Elementalist. :P

° Stormbluff Isle