What are easiest zones to get hero points?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

I used my lvl 80 boost and now I need to get hero points – what are the quickest zones to get them? I’ve been doing them in Maguuma forest, but that takes too long because there are multiple levels, you have to wander around tunnels and trees to find them.

Which zones are more straight forward, and you don’t have to look for them in multiple levels on the map?

Thanks.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Verdant Brink by far is the easiest. There are something like 80 points available by doing nothing but a channel. Nothing in core Tyria comes anywhere close to that.

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Thanks, what are the second and third easiest zones?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Auric Basin is probably the 2nd, and… perhaps Dragon’s Stand the third if you do the meta.

If you’re looking for complete easy mode, look for a “hero point train” in the LFG on the HoT maps. They’ll guide you through hundreds of points for free.

Edit: If by Magguma Jungle you mean you’re having trouble with verdant brink, check out dulfy.net for how to get to each point. It’s REALLY easy to get a ton of hero points there. You can easily unlock an entire elite spec in a matter of minutes.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

Channeling is always the easiest, watch for youtube tutorial for Mastery Insight

Oh, and keep your eye around the LFG for HP Train, usually start at Verdant Brink. Doing it with zerg always easier, they will usually do it until 250 point reached

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Easiest for me was Dragon Stand everything is available to channel. Spider needs layline but often people will portal.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

A note about Dragon Stand: if you stick to the side of paths and keep a careful watch, you can run around much of the map on a dead map without continuously getting into fights. You can’t get into Dragon’s Domain or the 3 blighting towers, but you can get every other POI, HP, Vista, and Mastery Point (like the 5 airship chests) on the map. Oh, and 8 to 10 noxious pods too. I normally make the run on my power reaper and normally don’t even bother popping my healing minion. Occasionally I’ll run into a cantankerous smokescale, but that’s about it. Point is – the modremoth mobs patrolling the lanes tend to be rather short-sighted.

As for the OP: HoT map HPs are 10 points, core tyria HPs are 1 point. You’re best bet is to hit the LFG and look for a HP Train.