What are some things I should know about GW2?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: clyde price.9278

clyde price.9278

I’ve been playing and having a blast for a little over a week now and I see there are things about the game that I have no idea about. I’ve heard about them, but don’t know about them. Like key farming. I don’t know what you folks mean by that, but I am assuming it is for the black lion’s chests? How does one farm for these? Things like this, I don’t know about. I think I am pretty up on the basic things so far, but I feel there are events and items that I don’t take advantage of because I just don’t know about them. Tips? Anyone? I read some beginner stickies. I feel like there are more “things you should know” pieces.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You repeatedly start a new human character, I think a Guardian with a staff and do the first few personal story missions, not sure how you should answer the questions or if that maters. I think the reward on the fourth mission is a key. Put it in your bank, delete the character and do it again. It should only take you 20 minutes or so once you get it down.

But since they are changing how personal stories are done and the rewards you get from it on Sept 9th, it’s not long for this world.

As for other tips, see the OMG sticky thread at the top of this forum.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

clyde price.9278

That’s what I’m saying. Lol. I read the sticky notes, but some things I feel I am missing are by word of mouth.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Is it only Key farming you would like info and help about?

clyde price.9278

I’d like to know about anything really. Like special pieces of gear and how they are obtained. Whether or not it is better to sell gear right back to the vendors or sell them on the TP or salvage and sell, or salvage and keep because maybe some of the prices for items on the TP are ridiculous. Most lucrative crafting skills? Good sites for map completion folks? Just to name a few of the items. I’ve searched a few of these topics and the info I usually get back is either vague or debated heavily.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You probably want to salvage any greens and blues you can’t use, to get the luck out of them, also crafting materials, you will need a large amount of them later on if you want to craft.

Also sometimes you will salvage something rare that is worth more than the vendor price.

You’re getting lots of debate because the game is quite well balanced in most places. There isn’t a lot of “best” stuff

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

clyde price.9278

With the luck things, has it been proven that it increases your chances of “luck” in any circumstances? Do people mainly use them for dungeons or simply for normal events/quests? i have yet to used these things.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

With the luck things, has it been proven that it increases your chances of “luck” in any circumstances? Do people mainly use them for dungeons or simply for normal events/quests? i have yet to used these things.

Your magicfind affects drops from any enemy you loot, so not treasure chests. And it’s is a modifier on the drop rate.

for example if an item has a 1% drop chance, 100% luck will push that to 2%

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

clyde price.9278

Ah, ok. Thanks for explaining that. I been saving up these things. For what….i don’t know.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

It’s hard to tell what kind of info you’d need that you don’t know yet, but to answer the couple things you adressed in this thread:

“Special gear”: not entirely sure what you mean by that, but you can get race-specific skins in their respective cities (rather expensive but some of the skins are pretty darn nice); you can also buy gear for karma in various places, like sometimes after events or by talking to hearts NPCs once you’ve cleared said heart – some skins are karma-exclusive, or they’re just decent to upgrade your equipment while leveling.

Re: selling vs salvaging: a consequence of people spending a lot of time on their max level characters in high level zones is that lower level materials can sell for quite a bit. It can be a good idea to check vendor/TP prices of stuff you pick up and then see if you wouldn’t get more by salvaging and selling the raw materials, or keeping them for yourself so you won’t have to spend anything when leveling crafting for yourself.

(Also: the TP prices cannot be lower than vendor values, so it’s usually interesting to check if you can sell on there first.)

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Read the stickies at the top of this page….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances