What class should I play next?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I know this is a stupidly vague question, this will be my third character and I’ve been thinking of what class I want it to be.

RIght now I’m kinda torn between an elementalist, necromancer and ranger. Suggesting a race choice would also be cool too haha

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

What are your first two characters?

How about a lightning hammer ele, maybe the tiniest asura you could make?

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

E L E! Mine is endless fun. It’s very useful in many secenes but not so much in spvp. BUT I like supporting a big wvw Zerg with my water fields or solo roaming with d/d. It’s also useful in pve and is wanted. Necro is a strong roamer and an ok zerger but doesn’t contribute much to a party in pve and such. Ranger is pretty much OK all around. It’s like the happy medium of everything. Not great but not terrible.

Posted by: Hyde.6248

Hyde.6248

Ah go asura or female human.

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Elementalist is guaranteed fun if you give it a chance (some people don’t).

Not saying they’re perfectly viable/balanced, but the fun is definitely there.

Get a Staff, be a AoE Master and enjoy seeing big crits all over the screen. Excellent support as well if you’re in a group.

Get a Dagger/Dagger, turn into a street fighter character. Dash here, there, evades, some few heavy hitting spells, lots of awesome spell sequences.

Get a Scepter/Dagger-Focus, enjoy practicing your one-shot combos in your targets. Want to test the ultimate burst? Want to see the biggest crits ever? Scepter/Dagger.

And not to forget the utilities, very well defined giving much more customization.
Do you want to deal massive bursts? Arcane skills are for you.
Do you want to get excellent battle support? Try out Glyphs.
Do you want to be even more versatile? Conjured Weapons.
Do you want to survive? Cantrips.
Do you want to… eh… never press your utilities? Signets then.

All of this can be yours for the modicum price of the lowest health and lowest defense!

Caution: Profession is not recommended for those who rage being one/two shotted. If you try it and your rage starts going up, immediately seek a reroll for Warrior.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Sylvari female necro.
Necros are awesome! They do it all! Everyone is jelly!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Sylvari female necro.
Necros are awesome! They do it all! Everyone is jelly!

I second this!
Necro’s are very fun and there is just something about a Sylvari female Necro.

Ranger is a good class too and I have always enjoyed mine (another Sylvari female :P)

I prefer my Necro to Ranger though because there is just something for me about being a very elegant/ tiny Mass murderer.
I play my Necro with wells (no minions) and I love the animation where she raises her hands and when she brings them down- death happens

I suck at Ele- So I’ll just shut up about them

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

From my experience,

Ele: I leveled this up mostly in earth attunement using scepter/dagger. Getting attunement switching down is a steep learning cure but it makes the class much more fun when you get the knack. If you can run with another ele one in fire the other in earth you can rip through anything. Staff I only use in groups.
Necro: I really did not like this until I stopped with any kind of minion. This was the only character that I had success with in the Queens Guantlet.
Ranger: My first to 80 and can still do things in open world PvE/multi-mob that I find annoying with on other toons.

Which species you choose is up to you, my ele is charr, necro is sylvari and ranger is human.