What do I do?

What do I do?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Minitank.4278

Minitank.4278

Hello everyone, I am a new player to the beautiful world that is guild wars 2. Thus far I love this game! And I do not regret making the purchase of heart of thorns, for the most part. I knew that the max level boost would mess me up and of course it did. I am lost on allot of end game matters and I have hardly found anyone who can help.

Here is what I have experienced so far, I have done pvp which I enjoy, I farmed hp in a raid of 40 people" Which was awesome ", this allowed me to finish the elite specialization. I main elementalist and I have not changed anything! I have all the presets of the max level boost. I have also been doing the personal story and I have gained a few mastery points and what not.

Backstory: I played world of warcraft for roughly 7 years “Since I was 12”. Being thrust into this game has left me confused but hopeful! What do I do and how do I do it? Can anyone guide me?

What do I do?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try the ‘Player Helping Players’ sub-forum, for a start. The Wiki, accessed in-game (type /Wiki [topic of choice] in chat) or via the link above is a great all-things-GW2 resource.

Park your boosted L80 character and create a new character (Elementalist or other) and level it up naturally. Pay attention to the tutorial tips at each level-up.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

What do I do?

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

Well, one of the things you might want to work on first is your ascended gear. It’s a flipping grind and will cost you a lot in gold, but it’s the only way to do raids and high level fractals. Other then that, the end game mostly relies on you to make your own fun. Do WvW, start a guild, get a guild hall, do dailies, get titles, finish achievements, create your perfect armor set, do fractals, do jumping puzzles, etc.

What do I do?

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

If you have an enormous amount of spare time, and infinite patience, have a go at the Chalice of Tears JP in Ember Bay.

What do I do?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you like to get achievement points (AP) you can hunt those. The list of possible AP is on your Hero Panel on the left, under achievements. You get 10 AP a day for doing the dailies and the Wintersday event is on in Divinities Reach (the human city) on the west side for a few more.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.