What do you Main and Why??

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lorcet.6325

Lorcet.6325

As the title states, what do you Main and why did you decide to main that Profession?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Everything which can also be considered nothing.

Posted by: Shroud.8923

Shroud.8923

Warrior.

Because giant swords, heavy armor and screaming at your team mates to some how buff them is awesome.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

Ranger = pets

And I find Vune Surge just awesome!

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I mained Elementalist (now Tempest) from 1 to 80 because I’ve always liked Mage-Classes in MMOs and still do to this day.

I added my Scrapper with HoT. I had this Engie since the second day I played and I played him normally to 80 but It always felt like the Engie didn’t exceed in anything particular (Able of everything; capable of nothing) With the Scrapper I got what I needed for HoT Metas, and I really like how I can Combo and Juke the Mobs there almost indefinetely.
Here’s hoping Incoming PvP balance doesn’t kill that for me. It’s super fun in PvE, but I also understand the ppl that are rightfully complaining about his PvP situation.

Be sure: These two Asura will burn you to ashes

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Engineer because Flamethrower => Scrapper because Hammer

Edit: After blowing my 80 boost on a Rev (already have 80 of everything else but Mes, although it’s not for lack of trying) to see what all the hubbub is about I’m contemplating spending more time there because flinging Hammers at red names from 1200 range on a Heavy has kinda been my definition of a good time the past few weeks.

(edited by Sagramor.7395)

Posted by: Captain Prinny.6492

Captain Prinny.6492

Warrior, because when the Game released I started a Elementalist and died my way trough lvl 30. Then I gave up and instead of L2P I went Warrior now it is Gunzerker Warrior ;-P

I finally leveled my Revenant last week to 80 and have all classes on 80 but still didn’t L2P so my Engineer, Necro Ranger and Thief are collecting dust ;-P

Funny when in all other games I prefer ranged / magic classes and here I am with Warrior, 2 Guardians a Revenant (oh and a Million Mesmers parked in JPs ;-P)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Engi, because you’re almost never sitting there watching yourself auto attack.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

I don’t main anything because I’m a altoholic

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ranger.

I like the theme (both the mystic nature warrior aspect and the practical wilderness survival aspect) and the pets. But it also fits with how I enjoy playing. If this was any other game (aka one with a trinity) ranger would be the hybrid class – medium armour, good mix of direct damage and conditions, decent healing…basically a good solo profession.

I know you can do that with any profession, but I think it’s a bit easier with the ranger and there’s more options for builds that still incorporate a bit of everything, which means I can still experiment.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Norn Ranger, because I enjoy being a BA hunter/commando.

NSPride <3

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Ugh I can never make up my mind!

I get so much enjoyment out of my Condi Reaper…I can survive T4 fractals without a scratch and having a whole horde of critters to summon is fun, watching them bleed out bosses gives me the warm fuzzies. Reaper shroud is fun to look at and even more fun to play with.

I like my Tempest but holy fragile glass Batman! I hate dropping so much in group work and having to have people stop to ress me because I ran out of dodges (curse you Lethargic Instability!). I do like that they use one of my favorite legendaries, Bifrost, on a constant basis.

I am learning to love my Druid but still haven’t quite mastered the f5 usage. There’s so many buttons I have to press now that I get stressed out because I don’t think I am pressing them in the correct manner. Also, I am used to playing a dedicated healer in groups so being a sort of healer makes me feel guilty when someone goes down, like it was my fault. I love that I can name my pets silly names like Calvin and Hobbes. I like that a Druid can use both of my legendaries but not on the same build…wish I could! So now I have to make another set of medium armor for a condi build…at least it gives me something to do.

If I was being twisted to call one a main it would be the Reaper because usually its the go to for fractals. The Druid I use for Auric Basin and Dragon Stand farming and the Tempest is usually for Dungeons.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It depends on what I’m doing.

New content/story: my Thief/Daredevil. He’s my RP main and no matter how squishy he is he still gets the first experience of world happenings. Then I can go repeat them on someone sturdier and marvel at how much easier they are.

Dailies: my Thief/DD, as he has world and story completion and can get places fast and see the pointer to events. Unless the dailies are in HoT, at which point my sylvari Reaper is the one who has all the maps done and is best suited to mowing down stuff in her way.

HoT metas: my sylvari Reaper.

Fractals: my human Chronomancer is the alt fully Ascended and statted and traited specifically for fractal use. She has all my AR. I also tend to use her for dungeons, though I’ll swap out to other alts depending on the dungeon and what’s convenient at the time.

RP: I have a stable of RP alts, many with intricate stories, but most of my creative effort has gone into the Thief/DD starting from before vanilla beta. He’s gotten a bit played out … except now I am brimming with ideas whose execution will depend on upcoming LS and Krytan events.

I don’t PvP or WvW. Back when I did do WvW I tended to be on my Thief because I like the option of running away

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I started with mesmer, because I love illusions. As I learned more about how mesmers work (aka shatter) and how it’s mechanic can feel self defeating (burst at the cost of sustained damage) I ventured into the other classes. Now I don’t really have a main so much as a flavor of the week/day/hour? just whatever I am in the mood for. I have 3 with full elite specs (guard, necro, ranger), 2 more lvl 80s that I’m working on elite specs (engi, ele), 2 that I have had at 80 and deleted to change the race for rp reasons (mesmer, thief) and 2 that I am leveling but haven’t seen at 80 yet (warrior, rev). Plus a second necro that’s gonna be my priestess of Grenth condi/minion necro (the other is my power reaper of melee range destruction). Thinking of leveling something to 53, and stationing them at a bank for when I need mats in that range for reasons.

Posted by: Matticus.9105

Matticus.9105

My main is a thief. When I haven’t played in a while I play the thief to get good at the game. One wrong move and you are instantly downed. Once I get good with the thief’s mechanics I usually move to another class like the engineer, warrior, ranger, and mesmer that provide party support. It is a sigh of relief to feel a little less pressure to be perfect with one of them but you really become so much better and reading you opponent when you die one hit as a thief. With the daredevil it also feels like you may be able to dodge every hit with near infinite stamina if you play it well.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Guardian.

I started playing it because it seemed cool. I loved the animation for Whirling Wrath. The reason I still main it today is because I love my main (from username to character design) and am really good at it. I won’t stop unless Guardian sinks to a point I can’t make it viable in high end PvP

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Daredevil. For solo open world PvE daredevil moves faster, hits harder, and is more difficult to pin down and kill than most classes. The trick is learning how to avoid damage as the class is not designed to take hits well at all.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I played all classes to lv80 but my most time spent is warrior in pve.

I main berserker and daredevil in wvw for the good mobility to solo roaming.

I main berserker, mesmer in pvp either hack and slash or hide and seek play style.

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

As the title states, what do you Main and why did you decide to main that Profession?

I started out with a Warrior because Im a hack and slash kinda girl … full on and found other classes to be too complicated. I still havent mastered the light classes although I have an 80 Mesmer …. I just dont get it

My main for over 2 years has been my Trapper Ranger … Longbow with Axe/Torch and Warhorn …. just kitten.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Lorcet.6325

Lorcet.6325

The reason I’m asking is because I just cant pick. I started Ele and got to lvl 67 then realized I only used Fire/Air. Once I sat down and looked at it all I got overwhelmed. So I made a Rev loved it but there is just not enough to the skill base for me. Glint, Assassin, or Demon skills that was it. I can’t stand not being able to change my skill base slightly. Moved to D/D-P/P Thief and I love it but there are just so many instances I’m sitting there going how the hell did I just live. Plus I want a main for all parts of the endgame be it WvW, Raid, and just daily stuff. Right now the Thief isn’t looking to good in some of those situations.

I have a Boosted 80 Guard. Since I boosted him I have no clue how to play him. He is sitting at the bank holding my stuff.

(edited by Lorcet.6325)

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Reaper…because scythes are cool.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

berserker because 100b, good mobility, amazing buffs (phalanx is life <3 )
and daredevil >> amazing mobility and verry good dps, not to mention how fast he gathers nodes))

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Warrior for me. I love being a master of all sorts of weapons. Need DPS? Bring a great sword. Need CC? Mace or hammer. Need ranged weapons? Bow or rifle. There is almost never a situation that a warrior is not useful.

Guardian is awesome too, although without dragonhunter, they lack long range options. That is my sole complaint, but not everyone can be good at everything. I find guardian to be the easiest class to play.

For a drastic change of pace, I also run Mesmer quite often, as I like their play style. I am far from a master chromancer though. Making everyone around me fight harder and faster feels great. Plus you have a ton of utility and fun with portals.

I have every class at 80, but I always have trouble playing the elementalist and thief classes. Unfortunately, I can’t advise on raids, as I am still in the process of gearing up for them myself and after that I need to find a team

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I did a lot of research before choosing my profession, and it turned out I chose well. One of the most important things for me was survivablity. That was the number one reason I chose necromancer. I also liked the darkness of it, which was fun from a fantasy standpoint. I am a good person all day long, it is fun to play a dark being. Since Reaper came out necro is no longer the red headed stepchild of GW2. When I first started playing no one wanted a necro in their party. I can see why now I have been playing Reaper for so long, but that didn’t matter to me.

What I love about my Reaper after playing her 4000 hours? I love how versatile she is, how I can design different builds for different encounters and game modes. I love minions still. I love that playing her has become like walking in my own body, just automatic, I don’t put a lot of thought into it anymore. I love the greatsword and all of the elite skills. Still, the number one thing I love about her? She is a survivor. Today everyone in my squad went over a cliff with the commander. Everyone but me died. It was hilarious, like a herd of buffalo falling to its death. It was like the pile of bodies in Battle of the kittens… I was the only survivor. Thanks to ascended valk armor and being a Reaper.