What do you do with dungeon tokens?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: carlobarletta.5638

carlobarletta.5638

I don’t need any more armor or weapons so when I accumulate dungeon tokens (e.g., Symbols of Koda) I buy a weapon and salvage it. I have a few Black Lion Salvage kits that I’ve obtained from daily reward chests, which I use for this.

What I’ve found is that you have no better chance of getting greater rewards from an expensive weapon like a great sword (390 tokens) than you do from an off hand weapon like a warhorn (210 tokens). The salvage from these weapons can include Sigils (~3 silver), Globs of Ectoplasm (~40 silver), globs of dark matter (only used for crafting) and Orichalum Imbued Inscriptions (from ~10 gold for Berserker’s Orichalum Imbued Inscription, which come from weapons with Berserker stats, to ~ 3.5 gold for Soldiers Orichalum Imbued Inscription).

What I’ve found is that I never receive the Berserker’s Orichalum Imbued Inscription (from, e.g., Flame Legion Berserker-stat Weapons) but sometimes do get the Soldier’s Orichalum Imbued Inscription (from, e.g., Kodan Soldier-stat Weapons).

This can’t mean anything but I’ve done better salvaging items when it’s nighttime in Tyria rather than daytime

What is your experience in getting the most out of your dungeon tokens?

Note: I don’t do any crafting.

Thanks.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I feel really bad for you since this information is available to those by wikiing inscriptions. You only get non-craftable inscriptions from salvaging exotics, so you wasted your tokens by getting zerker ones. For Co just buy rare light hoods and salvage those using a mystic salvage kit into ectos.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

What I’ve found is that you have no better chance of getting greater rewards from an expensive weapon like a great sword (390 tokens) than you do from an off hand weapon like a warhorn (210 tokens).

now try salvaging rares, its actually cheaper and you get just as much ectos (from what I remember). if you are feeling lucky, you can also take those exotic GS and throw them in the forge. I got a Dusk drop from this a couple months ago, on my first try that day too.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: carlobarletta.5638

carlobarletta.5638

Thanks for the help. I got some advice at the dungeon forum too and watched a youtube video. Now I know how to use the dungeon tokens. I should have just saved them up until I got help. I’ve lost some gold but not a ton.