What does this icon mean?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: happihappisong.7054

happihappisong.7054

Q:

I die after this icon finishes counting down. What is it? What does it mean? How do I avoid it? How do I make it go away when it pops up? Is there a cure for it?

Attachments:

Posted by: Hyena.2037

Hyena.2037

You are a warrior, so when in the downed state you used vengence.
Vengence brings you back to life for 15 seconds then flat out defeates you without a downed state.
You can get a trait later on where if you should kill something while in vengence you won’t die afterward.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengence

If you’re not a warrior, this can also happen if a mesmer casts illusion of life on you, but this is a long cooldown and it’s doubtful you’d get it as often as implied, however is this is the case you will be cured of if you kill something in the duration.

(edited by Hyena.2037)

Posted by: Madtavish.9037

Madtavish.9037

It a warrior downed state skill #3: Vengeance
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeance

It will make you rally (get up back with 50% of HP) and be able to fight normaly, using your utility, weapons skills for 15 seconds. Then you will die.
You have a % chance (unknown) to get rid of this buff when you kill an enemy (happens more in PvE than in PvP from my experience).
Also there is tier 2 trait in Discipline tree, that gives you 100% chance to not die while using this skill, IF You manage to kill your enemy, while under effect of this.

“No matter how wonderful or wierd the weapon, what matters, it the man behind it.”

Madtavish.9037

Hyena, he probably panic-mashed 3, when he went to downed state while playing, I did it too when i first got into downed state (heck i do it sometimes even now). You don’t have time to read skill tooltips when there is mob/bunch of mobs killing you.

“No matter how wonderful or wierd the weapon, what matters, it the man behind it.”

Hyena.2037

Yeah, which is why I edited that comment out. Though still if you do it multiple times and don’t look it’s kind of odd.

Madtavish.9037

Well i didn’t mean it with the vengeance specifically more like i press 2 the moment i go down and kinda waste my hammer throw. Although im more cautious now.

Hyena.2037

Well I did remove it because I don’t know the OPs situation and wanted to give the benifit of the doubt rather than being a jerk about it.

But I’m pretty jaded at this point from having to placate warriors on a seeming daily basis, who yell in map chat about being broken or bugged when they kill themselves for the umpteenth time without reading a tooltip.

Posted by: Limonium.4236

Limonium.4236

If you’re not a warrior, this can also happen if a mesmer casts illusion of life on you, but this is a long cooldown and it’s doubtful you’d get it as often as implied, however is this is the case you will be cured of if you kill something in the duration.

The Illusion of Life actually has a different icon (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusion_of_Life) and doesn’t instantly defeat people if there’s no rally, it just puts them back into downed state.