What gaming monitor do YOU have/recommend?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hi guys,

I’m looking at upgrading my current ASUS monitor to a new one. My current one is rather small (desktop 1,400 × 900) and I’m interested in getting something more widescreen/larger of good quality – price does not matter.

Do any of you have recommendations or even suggestions on any GOOD gaming monitors?

Sorry if this is not in the right forum thread; please feel free to adjust it as such.

Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I use a Samsung T27B300 LED HDMI monitor with an HD lead from my graphics card which is a Sapphire Dual-X AMD Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB GDDR5 model. There are better items available but for the money they give really good crystal clear images and the colour shading is excellent even during highly populated boss fights.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I use a Samsung T27B300 LED HDMI monitor with an HD lead from my graphics card which is a Sapphire Dual-X AMD Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB GDDR5 model. There are better items available but for the money they give really good crystal clear images and the colour shading is excellent even during highly populated boss fights.

I’ll definitely check it out – thank you very much for your time! Also yes, crystal clear smooth quality is my intention; my current monitor is a bit foggy and some skills show up odd to me.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Something like Acer XB270HU or ASUS PB278Q is probably top of the line right now.

Posted by: Tsazao.6318

Tsazao.6318

Budget? 144Hz or IPS panel?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’ve got an Asus VS-239. I wanted the better picture of an IPS panel and didn’t (still really don’t) have the hardware to run at 144 Hz so I figured it was the way to go.

Depending on your specs and what you want out of a monitor either go for the best IPS or 144Hz monitor you can swing in your budget.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I have a Dell U3014. It is one of the best IPS panels available. However, it is very expensive ($1000 when I bought it). Compared to other IPS panels, it generally has better specs all around, and comes pre-calibrated (wide color gamut – true 10-bit color depth – displays more colors than most monitors), and includes a report on the calibration results. It also has a gaming mode, but I haven’t tried it (it completely eliminates the already low input lag, but bypasses signal processing).
note: high end monitors is probably the only thing I’d recommend Dell for.

Also, check some professional reviews for whatever monitors you’re considering. I recommend http://www.tftcentral.co.uk . They do very in depth reviews and provide comparisons to competing monitors.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I bought the Asus MG279Q a week ago and it is amazing. It’s a 27" widescreen 1440p IPS panel with a refresh rate of 144hz.

My previous monitor was a Dell 24" 1080p 60hz.

I have a great amount of screen space now, and everything, even the mouse cursor, make beautiful movements on my screen now. 144hz is a game changer. IPS is a game changer.

I strongly recommend buying it or something very similar to it. I have a R9 390 (made by AMD) which is why I bought the monitor, because it has freesync. The funny thing is, I don’t even use freesync because I don’t experience tearing anymore!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I use an HDTV.

Mostly because it was cheaper than similar sized monitors, and had more inputs for my other devices.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690