What is that annoying ambient music?!?!?!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

Hey guys!

I’ve been having this on and off for like 3-4 months (or maybe longer?). I have sent a question to ANet but never got any reply.

Every once in a while there is this really, really depressing background music playing. I have ALL the music off in my settings, yet this one keeps on coming back (I think, mostly when I don’t fight) Dooohhhhh…dooohhhhh… dooohhhhhhh… gaaah! It is absolutely NOT my kind of background music.

The only way to not hear it is when I set the master volume to OFF, but then I can’t hear anything from the game ;<

What kind of bug/glitch is this and how I can turn it off? All it does is make me feel depressed and annoyed in the same time.

Aaarghh!

Equality for the bulge! ^_^

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never heard any music in this game, since my music settings are turned off. (Well, i do listen a bit when I see a Reddit/forum post praising some new music. After I hear it once, I remember why I never have music turned on in 90% of the games I’ve ever played.)

One possibility is that it’s a player instrument. There’s a setting to turn that off (about mid screen in the audio options menu, last slider before the ‘audio device’ drop down). I believe the hum from the revenant ‘facets’ is disabled by this setting as well.

Another possibility is that it’s specific to a particular mechanic. If so, try to pay attention to where it happens, and when. Make a list and report back here; perhaps we can help you do the detective work to figure out which mechanic or NPCs are setting it off.

Alternatively, make a video the next time it happens or even just screenshot from a couple of angles. That might be enough to help us figure it out.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

sounds like a mini super banana …

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I swear I wrote something here before, but anyway: reminds me of the waypoint sound, or the sound of the asura computer screens in the home instance where their personal story happens, from the description.

I’d also check if you had a miniature out, or a gyro summoned, or something like that, OP, and see if that is responsible. (Also, legendaries, if you have any. I don’t think they have sound, but since I don’t have them all…

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’ve been hearing the holodancer music from the atherblade fractal in various random places lately.

Posted by: Okami.7049

Okami.7049

Last week I had a glitch where I left Lion’s Arch via Waypoint and went to Frostgorge Sound. Lion’s Arch’s music kept playing and I had to relog to get it to fix itself.

~ Death Is Not The Greatest Loss In Life, The Greatest Loss Is What Dies Inside Us While We Live. ~

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I swear I wrote something here before, but anyway: reminds me of the waypoint sound, or the sound of the asura computer screens in the home instance where their personal story happens, from the description.

I’d also check if you had a miniature out, or a gyro summoned, or something like that, OP, and see if that is responsible. (Also, legendaries, if you have any. I don’t think they have sound, but since I don’t have them all…

I believe that was a different thread, in a different sub-forum. Though, it’s possible it’s by the same poster.

Avelione.6075

Thank you guys so much for replies!
I’ll record that music in some time whenever I’ll hear it again! Looks like I’m not the only one with that glitch!
honestly, as annoying or creepy it was, I much more prefer the glitch that time when characters were saying random lines during game play – even not with their own voice!

ALSO – we (or at least, me) had that glitch when characters were repeating dialogue lines with Woormuula -or what’s her name – in the Bitterfrost Frontier. I think all these sound/music problems come from the same source and have to do with updates and expansions.

[This is all much more annoying and stressing since currently I’m getting treatment for anxiety AND I have a neighbor that is a renovation maniac – may call the police on him, eventually AND I have a roof vent that howls always when it’s blowing from the west and Administration (my building admins, not GW2 admins) hasn’t fixed that since! so it feels like GW2 is betraying me , with its own, random noises ! Gaaah!]

(edited by Avelione.6075)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Propably the new shield. They should ban people who make the shooshadoo, or who have SAB tools, minis, or Mini-tron backpacks

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Avelione.6075

Nope. Definitely not the Banana. Banana sound can be annoying but it’s not depressing.

The music that comes back randomly to me is more like of some sad event…. That maybe I never played anyways. I don’t recall any tune like this. Too bad it keeps on repeating and repeating in the least suitable moments :P

So far… it hasn’t came back… as for now…

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hey guys!

I’ve been having this on and off for like 3-4 months (or maybe longer?). I have sent a question to ANet but never got any reply.

Every once in a while there is this really, really depressing background music playing. I have ALL the music off in my settings, yet this one keeps on coming back (I think, mostly when I don’t fight) Dooohhhhh…dooohhhhh… dooohhhhhhh… gaaah! It is absolutely NOT my kind of background music.

The only way to not hear it is when I set the master volume to OFF, but then I can’t hear anything from the game ;<

What kind of bug/glitch is this and how I can turn it off? All it does is make me feel depressed and annoyed in the same time.

Aaarghh!

In Rata Sum?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Another thought: could it be a Revenant? Their various facets make various sounds. Check if someone near you has a big pinkish crystalline blotch under their feet when you hear it.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Could it be a player consuming multiple tomes in quick succession?

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’ve never heard any music in this game, since my music settings are turned off. (Well, i do listen a bit when I see a Reddit/forum post praising some new music. After I hear it once, I remember why I never have music turned on in 90% of the games I’ve ever played.)

One possibility is that it’s a player instrument. There’s a setting to turn that off (about mid screen in the audio options menu, last slider before the ‘audio device’ drop down). I believe the hum from the revenant ‘facets’ is disabled by this setting as well.

Another possibility is that it’s specific to a particular mechanic. If so, try to pay attention to where it happens, and when. Make a list and report back here; perhaps we can help you do the detective work to figure out which mechanic or NPCs are setting it off.

Alternatively, make a video the next time it happens or even just screenshot from a couple of angles. That might be enough to help us figure it out.

mann but some soundtracks arenreally well done :/

Posted by: Rainyaviel.3865

Rainyaviel.3865

Could it be this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4A5iRMsFE&t=27s
I’ve had it randomly playing a few times while I wasn’t even dead.

Avelione.6075

Mystery (partially) solved!

So… it appears that this monotone music plays only when I play with a Revenant/Herald. And it can be muted with “Player instrument volume” option! I have no idea what is that “instrument”. Or is it just a coincidence that I only encountered this tune as a certain profession.

I don’t think it’s any gear item, since I went through lots of gear changes and it was all the same.

so.. I’m just relieved that I CAN mute this awful tune. I still don’t know what it is though ;p

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Have you managed to record it? I’m intrigued to hear it and find out where it’s coming from.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Alright, I think I know that sound you’re talking about, and thank you for your solution in muting it! It was driving me nuts:

Posted a video; see if you recognize it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32C1rjlmxnY&feature=youtu.be

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Funny. There was a previous thread about how cool that sound was, and how it was the music from the Crystal Desert, or, well, I don’t remember, exactly, but some song from GW1.

Glad you figured it out (if that’s the woo-woo/woo-ahh sound the other posters were concerned about).

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

It is a version of a theme song from Guild Wars 1’s Crystal Desert, Crystal Oasis, which has since been adopted as a theme song for Glint. A remixed version plays in Guild Wars 2 during the Living Story Season Two episode where you enter Glint’s Lair, and several of the Auric Basin themes include portions of the song as well.

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/crystal-oasis-redux

Avelione.6075

Alright, I think I know that sound you’re talking about, and thank you for your solution in muting it! It was driving me nuts:

Posted a video; see if you recognize it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32C1rjlmxnY&feature=youtu.be

OMG! Yes! That’s it! Thank you ArchonWing!
Now you people, see why this can drive you crazy! I completely didn’t connect it’s the facet music, since it sounds so depressing ;p It couldn’t even occur to me that they’d combine this grave tones with the facet… I wouldn’t even thin the facet needs any music.

It’s nice first 5 times, but once you hear it repeating 30 times, it gets much more than annoying. Especially, that it completely doesn’t fit combat situations….
Is it a glitch or a bad design??

Also, Crystal Oasis music is really nice

(edited by Avelione.6075)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Another thought: could it be a Revenant? Their various facets make various sounds. Check if someone near you has a big pinkish crystalline blotch under their feet when you hear it.

I will pat myself on the back for once. Called it!