What is the Funnest Profession/Race combo?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kiingzz.3058

kiingzz.3058

Titles says it :]

I dont really have one since I haven’t played more than 10 hours on a single character

But for me Necormancer/Sylvari was kitten; The mohawk/facepaint/minions Haha.
I wouldn’t say it was the best profession but it was pretty fun to play when I gave it a go.

Posted by: Aphasia.1803

Aphasia.1803

That’s subject to the person playing it. I’m having lots of fun with my guardian, i’m not playing it well but still having fun.

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Asura Engi. Even my turrets are bigger than me In pvp it’s even more fun because I’m like a walking bullseye as a relatively big asura with a redhead afro coupe

kiingzz.3058

That’s subject to the person playing it. I’m having lots of fun with my guardian, i’m not playing it well but still having fun.

A bit of common sense would indicate to you that it’s an opinionated question; there are no right or wrong responses…

kiingzz.3058

Asura Engi. Even my turrets are bigger than me In pvp it’s even more fun because I’m like a walking bullseye as a relatively big asura with a redhead afro coupe

Haha, haven’t tried pvp yet do you get any items or money from it? I tried the asura I forget which profession but couldn’t get the style right with the appearance lol.

Posted by: Nephilim.8395

Nephilim.8395

But for me Necormancer/Sylvari was kitten;

Can we stick to slang terms that mean something? Kitten? Good? Bad? Small and furry?

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

But for me Necormancer/Sylvari was kitten;

Can we stick to slang terms that mean something? Kitten? Good? Bad? Small and furry?

It’s not a slang term, ‘kitten’ is the word filter replacement in this forum.

Asura Ranger seems hilarious, with all your pets looking like you could ride them into battle.
Personally, I enjoy Sylvari Ranger… (and would probably also enjoy Sylvari Engie)… the Sylvari racials are mostly either ranged or immobilizers, it all works well together.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

My Asura Engineer is my favourite so far, but I also like my Norn Gaurdian and think I’ll stick with that, also – it’s fun to be a giant lady running around, hitting things, and making great use of the “Ferocity” dialogue options.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I couldn’t help but lol at the idea of a Charr Mesmer.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Hehehe.. I actually like to create profession/race combos that sound ridiculous… so I got a huge fat norn mesmer and an asura warrior (I love the way he puts so much weight into swinging a greatsword)..

Hehehe.. I actually like to create profession/race combos that sound ridiculous… so I got a huge fat norn mesmer and an asura warrior (I love the way he puts so much weight into swinging a greatsword)..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Garandhero.4731

Garandhero.4731

First I just want to note for the record that “funnest” is not a word. Correct grammar would be “What is the most fun profession/race combo?”

Don’t worry , a lot of people make this mistake.

Anyway – on topic!

I find my Ranger to be “Fun”; however, I just hit level 26 and to be honest it seems a little repetitive. I am always doing the same thing with a Longbow/Great sword and the skill actions/animations leave a lot to be desired (especially on the Longbow).

I’ll add the Ranger seems to be very effective in wvwpvp though!

To mix it up, I just rolled a Necromancer. While I enjoy the skills it offers (especially spewing hornets at my enemies) they seem a bit squishy, and I am not really sure how to play the class properly from a trait/skill perspective. It’s a melee class as well which is a bit frustrating coming from Ranger. I do believe Necro gets more interesting later when you start gaining “pets” although looking through skills I didn’t see any pet’s so I am not sure how I get those.

Elementalist I haven’t played myself but it looks fun. Ranged class, multiple attack types with different damage types and ranged.

Mesmer – I was originally planning on never rolling Mesmer but after playing Ranger and being a bit bored with it I just might roll a Mesmer to see if it’s any more challenging.

Ideally I want to play a class that is most like a LORE-MASTER from Lord of the Rings Online. I know these games have little in common, but I always found the LM to be a lot of fun because it could dish out damage, was mostly ranged but was far more interesting than Hunter with it’s skill choices of debuffs and CC.

With that in mind, if anyone has a suggestion on a class that is ranged, does good damage, can CC and debuff and has a myriad of interesting/different skills please let me know!

I don’t do profession stuff, so this is just some opinions on Race/Class. I always roll Human, always.

(edited by Garandhero.4731)

kiingzz.3058

I don’t do profession stuff, so this is just some opinions on Race/Class. I always roll Human..always.

Let me just correct you on your grammar. Is that an ellipsis or two fullstops after the word human?

Haha they replaced “bad bottom” with kitten lol. I have always thought the Charr Mesmer would be a funny combination.

Posted by: Garandhero.4731

Garandhero.4731

I don’t do profession stuff, so this is just some opinions on Race/Class. I always roll Human..always.

Let me just correct you on your grammar. Is that an ellipsis or two fullstops after the word human?

Haha they replaced “bad bottom” with kitten lol. I have always thought the Charr Mesmer would be a funny combination.

Haha, that would be called a typo I believe! Although I suppose it could have been an ellipsis I was trailing off a bit at that point, and trying to be…(ellipsis)dramatic.

(edited by Garandhero.4731)

Posted by: PPson.7042

PPson.7042

Let the grammar wars begin!

Seiz – 80 Human Thief
Representing Terribad (TBad)

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Asura Greatsword Warrior…

Yoda Fight Scene anyone?

Posted by: Meece.4109

Meece.4109

I haven’t invested 1/1000th of the time I will be, but so far of all the combos I’ve played I’m having a surprising amount of fun with a Sylvari Ranger.

I went with shortbow & axe/torch (axe/horn). When in a big fight or event I feel ridiculously strong and hard to get to aside from incoming ranged abilities while evade is on CD. The best is evading directly through the mob, dropping a fire ring and then using an evade shot and bouncing away while they burn.

Aside from my pet aggro’ing unwanted mobs occasionally, I’m surprised how much fun I’m having with this profession.

I added some points to survival (I think is the name) and my pets are beasts now. Add that with a skill that allows my pet to be invulnerable for a short time, I can fair well even 1v1 against equal level Veterans.

Fun stuff.

Posted by: Netherscourge.1862

Netherscourge.1862

Sylvari Engineer is a funny combo – it’s kind of a counter-culture statement right there.

Being born and bred within a purely natural environment and then busting out big guns and bombs and nuking all wildlife around you.

lol

kiingzz.3058

Haha, that would be called a typo I believe! Although I suppose it could have been an ellipsis I was trailing off a bit at that point, and trying to be…(ellipsis)dramatic.

No worries lol…

kiingzz.3058

Asura Greatsword Warrior…

Yoda Fight Scene anyone?

I think you will be needing a light-saber to accomplish that^^^

Posted by: Lux.9135

Lux.9135

That sounds hilarious!

Server: Fort Aspenwood
IGN: Luxit