What is the best 2 man class combo?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Infernalzxz.9203

Infernalzxz.9203

This is the plot: I’ve already levelled a thief to 80 but my friends PC couldn’t run GW2 at that time and he’s getting a new PC soon so I want to start playing GW2 again with him.

The plan is for us 2 to just level up and have fun with the game, like it should be.

He really wants to play a ranger so what other class would go well with that?

Also you can suggest other class combos that you think would be good together that don’t include a ranger.

I don’t think we’ll be doing much sPvP or PvP at all but if we do I’m sure all the classes have their respective role so don’t consider that factor.

I was thinking double ranger for the “range” or ranger elementalist? – but tbh I have no idea what works, just post good 2 class combo’s below

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

tbh I can see them all working well together

What it comes down to is a) what you want to play and b) what situations you want each of your to cover.

Going double ranger for instance will work nicely, 2 pets, 2 sources of damage but you’d be limited to ranger support for those times that you’d struggle.

Ranger/Guardian would allow for a Tank/Dps combo with a variety of support options, Ranger/Ele would allow for a Tank/Dps/Heal combo in pve as elementalists can get rather tank and can also support the rangers pet tanking with the heals and such.

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

I had very fun time playing with a friend with these two teams so far:
Guardian (me) – Mesmer (my friend)
Mesmer (me) – Ranger (my friend)
For a bit we tried to play both with engineers but it did not work so well. However, that was not related to the Engi class, but to the fact we were using the same profession. I suggest you to combine two professions with different armors (not light-light and so on). In this way you may combine the benefits of two different game mechanics.

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

The one thing I would say is avoid going for 2 condition builds, its the only time you will effect each others gameplay in a negative way

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Gamelogic dictates you always get the good loots you can’t use so why not use a heavy amour chracter whilst he use a medium amour for example.Then you guys can trade good stuffs you can’t use.Get a 3rd player in case all the good loots ends up to be light amour haha!

(edited by Verdelet Arconia.6987)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

more eles, more awesome, having so many fields and finishers is a delicious combo feast xD

Though I think warriors get more finishers, ele + anything = fun times.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’d look for 2 professions that…
can offer a good variety of combo fields & finishers.
can offer a difference in range.
use different armor types.

IE – a Guardian and an Engineer: Engineer fights at range, throws out combo fields, Guardian is fighting at melee range (inside combo fields) and uses blast & whirl finishers. Guardian has boons & shouts to aid his buddy, Engi uses elixirs and med packs to aid his. Plus, they have different armor types which makes sharing drops easy.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Berserker Mesmer and Tanky Guardian one of the best duets. Also ele and warrior is good. Thief with engineer is one of the comboest pairs, also for more sneaky gameplay is good if you make thief and mesmer. But also berserker ranger and zerker warrior is a good DPS pair but lacks toughness.

(edited by g e o.2589)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Necro is good for Ranger Bow Combo Fields

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Elementalist! Elementalist has a lot of blast finishers that work well with ranger healing spring. Also, ele can aura share and give ranger and pet auras. The ele combo fields are great with ranger’s bow and leap finishers. Ranger is also the best class at using ele conjured weapons.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Just a quick note about double rangers:

Rangers aren’t limited to “ranged” weapons. The greatsword and sword/dagger are fun for melee, though I don’t know how well they work in all cases. I usually run shortbow and dual axes, but the options are there if one of you would prefer melee.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Me (guardian) and my friend (elementalist) can both control enemies pretty well. I can use wards, knock-backs,heals and immobilizes and also support. He can stun, immobilize, heal and DPS. 2 Classes that can heal are pretty deadly.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Ranger and elementalist are fun. To be honest, my ele works well with any medium or light armor class. Not as much fun pairing her with other light armor classes.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1 ranger(kd) and 1 mesmer
2 thiefs
1 mesmer and 1 thief
2 mesmers isnt bad either
2 lightning eles

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.