What is the best way to make money

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Syuseto.1304

Syuseto.1304

Im 800ish gold away from making sunrise. I searched the internet about best ways to gold but everyone is telling something different so I thought that maybe here I could find out.

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

How many gold do you have?
It’s not the best way to do it, but actually when i need lot of gold to buy precursor and make legendary) I make another one ^^
Actually with 600 gold I can buy dreamer precursor and if I have the mats, make the dreamer, then I sell it and get 2k+ golds that i use to get any legendary I want.
You need some mats and 2 gift of mastery (meaning 2 gift of exploration)
As I said it may not be the best way to make money, but it’s usefull when you need lot of gold.

Playing on the trading post, buying, crafting, selling is the best way to make money, but you need lot of money to start if you want to win a lot.

Else doing dungeon rush can get you 30 gold a day by playing around 4 hours a day. You can get more or less depending on your group.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

ToT-Farming (sell bags)
SW chest farming (salvage light gear, sell all but T6 mats)
Dungeons with org group
SW event farming

Is what I find the best ways to make gold and the needed mats

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

sorry but what is ToT? ^^
I’m bad with shortcuts

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

only 1 awnser: Dungeons

AC Full run - 30min = 5.25g + 180tokens
Cof p1
2 - 20min = 2.5g + 120tokens
SE p1
3 - 15-20min = 2.5g + 120tokens
CM full run +- 30min = 3.75g + 180 tokens
TA fwd
up +- 20min = 2.5g + 120tokens
Hotw p1 +- 10min = 1.25g + 60tokens
COE full run +- 45min = 3.75g + 180tokens

That is not counting token drops + loot/salvage items
Tokens then can be used to get rare gear for ecto (lvl 68+) or Exotic gear with Soldier/rabid stats to salvage the Insignia (these go for 2g~)

After that if you are bored go SW for some event-chaining or SW chest farming.

Posted by: magestik.4132

magestik.4132

And with a good group Arah P1-3 +- 60min =9g +180 tokens

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

sorry but what is ToT? ^^
I’m bad with shortcuts

Trick Or Treat bags, afaik theres a group that goes around using Vials of Maize Balm to turn ambients into candy corn, then kill the candy corn for ToT bags and sell them on the tp. Its pretty profitable since each balm can net u up to 18 candy corns, each balm is about 8silver (last time i checked was month ago) and each ToT bag sells for about 5s. There was a post a while back on how it works.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Each balm can give 9 elementals/bags which sell for about 4s each. Farming for an hour with a decent train should give 15-20g worth of bags

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

if you are in an organized dungeon speed clear group, this is your fastest avenue to wealth in game.

if you aren’t clearing dungeons fast, silverwastes event chains are more profitable, including chest runs following main events.

during downtime clearing events and gathering anywhere in Orr will also help fill the gaps.

if no one else is on or you just need a change of scenery, go into zones like Timberline Falls and just gather everything you see. The mid-high tier of mats gathered can sell for a bundle.

with a combo of good dungeon speed clears, silverwastes farming, and material management, reaching an average of 40 to 60 gold a day is not unrealistic. do this for a couple weeks and you have your 800g.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The best way to make money is always going to be the way that no one has talked about on the forums. This is because the moment other people find out they will do it too and the way loses its ability to make money.

Some generally good ideas are:

Craft things that are profitable (these change regularly)
Sell everything you find on the Trading Post (use sell listings, not instant sells)
Do lots of farming (events in Cursed Shores or Silverwastes are both good)
Do the world boss fights every day
Park your alts at something that dispenses loot and log in each day on each of them
Do some quick dungeon paths every day
Avoid WvW and PvP as they have terrible time to reward ratios.

Server: Devona’s Rest