What is the fastest class? Returning player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

After 1 year I have returned to GW2. Back then My warrior was the fastest running/escaping zergs, now everyone can keep up with me. What is the fastest class now?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Druid spec ranger, if they trait for it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Thief, no question.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

Fastest as in movement? Thief.

They get a lot of shadow step utility’s, really useful against some unreachable terrain.

Can spam like 4 dagger dashes before having to wait to refill their initiative (skill cost mechanic)

Free swiftness (33% movespeed) buff every time you dodge (if you build the perk)

comboing all that with the 25% move speed signet. they’re the fastest class hands down.

(edited by Freakshow.1809)

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Burst: Thief

Long-Term: Druid.

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

Hello,
I started a similar topic a few months ago and after long discussions we agreed on
1. Their
2. Druid
3. Warrior
4. Elementlist and Mesmer

But thief leads by a long way, I main a Druid and Thief kicks my kitten in WvW every time.

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Thanks, one more question. Was all this based on HoT or the gw2 game? I ask because I dont have HoT. Also, based on the gw2 game alone, what class is the fastest? is warrior still the fastest in gw2 or has there been a nerf?

(edited by Hitman.5829)

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

All based on HoT cuz Druid is an elite specs give 33% passive movespeed from trait same for mes/chrono 25% passive from trait.

Ele, War, Thief are the same as b4 but Thief is the fastest from the beginning but with HoT even faster due to x3 dodge + traveling dodge.

If based on core game alone then Thief > War > the rest !!!

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I’m surprised no one mentiones engineer.

Getting 100% swiftness uptime is no problem as long as you got a kit in your utilities, add pretty huge vigor uptime as well. Then there are slick shoes & bomb kit to make your would be pursuers regret chasing you, along with rocket boots for quick “get me outta here”. Also stuff like elixir s for your stealth and invulni needs. Also if you build for it a lot of super speed, which will let you get outta sticky situations where milk got spilled and you’re already down to “combat speed”.

If it’s about roaming PvE map fast for harvesting i’d say thief and ranger are pretty good, though i wouldn’t exaggerate with thief being sooooo above the rest. The shadowstepping and stealth are real, but the ranger’s got a counter for this in form of pet. Thief is great as long as you’re not caught, but get caught when harvesting and you got no choice but to fight or flee.
Ranger on the other hand doesn’t have to worry about getting caught when already on the node – just send your pet to take care of it for you. While it wrangles with mobs, you can finish you harvesting uninterrupted without having to waste half a day on pointless fighting or running off a node that’s not yet harvested to lose aggro.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Thief is the fastest class due to them being able to maintain perma swiftness and the number of shadowsteps at their disposal.

I’d say warrior would be second due to the number of gap closers they possess depending on their weapon sets equipped.

All other classes that can maintain perma swiftness would be on equal grounds.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: valheru.7891

valheru.7891

depends how you trait druid. If you go GS/Staff and take the 33% movement trait and quick draw. You have ‘perma swiftness’ and if you swap weapons and use your leap skill first you can do it again in 3 sec if your in combat that is. so that’s 3 leaps in 10 sec with a 1200 range for each leap

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You’ll lose more distance covered overall from being in combat to proc the lower cool down time for your leap. But if they’re trying to escape the enemy, then I could see its use.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)