What is the most survivable profession?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hartagon.3542

Hartagon.3542

I am trying to decide on what to play outside of Warrior…

I played a Warrior from launch for a few months and got to 80, but never really got into it or enjoyed it very much or even played much at end-game… I haven’t played since then and decided to give this game another go…

I don’t know almost anything about other professions though, both in terms of leveling and in terms of end-game/pvp…

I am looking for high survivability most of all… I understand the hole “only bads die” argument and the need to die as I have been chewed out by everyone I asked about this in the past… But I am just looking for an easier time surviving since on my Warrior a lot of the time I would die incredibly fast.

Thank you.

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

Guardian. Although warrior can be very tanky too. What gear are you running that you die fast 0.o

Posted by: Hopper.5128

Hopper.5128

Engi or necro id say if built right

AvD

Posted by: Hartagon.3542

Hartagon.3542

The gear I was running was DPS gear… Prec,Power, etc… All oranges and the likes…

After dying a lot I tried tanky… I went with an axe and a shield and full toughness/vit, plus a toughness, vit build with talents… Still died extremely fast.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Nearly anything in PVT is hard to kill. But for specific bunker builds…

Engineer and Guardian are your best bets. They both have permanent vigor, as well as a lot of blocks, blinds, and heals.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Guardian maximum limit 15 chars

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Deathvn.6583

Deathvn.6583

go for a guardian, build right, good gear, u will be surprise :P
_ OMG how he still standing here _

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Guardian.

I have one of each profession and I find that one to have the highest survivability.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

A lot of people say Guardian, and they may be right.
However, if you’re looking for a completely different play style to the warrior/guardian I would suggest Ranger. (I play a Ranger)

The Ranger’s pet can be called to heal/rezz yourself—I can’t count how many times my pet has saved my butt after I’ve been downed.
Also, if you build right, you can have your pet take damage for you and remove conditions from you.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Guardians, hands down. I think necromancers are second, but I can’t be sure.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

While leveling? – well played ranger (no not bear and longbow – everything else and shortbow for example :P) whit that I was able to solo every event even up to 4 level higher than mine – tried same with the guardian – I could only specific type of events (this one when aggroing mobs and running all aroud made sense – for example defending the villagers at trisuel quay from being captured by krait slavers I could not)

but yeah on the end most survivable are ranger AND guardian – both well build but there is easier to build survi guardian that survi ranger

about engi.. while leveling – on this stage engi have problem with events on his own level – not considering the upper…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Necromancer is a survivor. Minions to take the heat, syphon to regain health, death shroud….death shroud. Fear can give you the space to breathe too.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm my warrior is quite survivable.
For any class survivability will depend a lot on how you play.

I haven’t watched it but maybe checkout https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/GW2-Combat-system-101-Guide It seems to have been helpful for other people that have posted in this section before.

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

The first option is the Ranger. They have good regen, use fairly good armor, and their pet can tank and heal them. Use bows to attack from afar.

Imho, Necro goes at second place. Good toughness, good vit, lich life, and a lot of minions to tank and give them more health and toughness.

Of course, it depends on your playstyle and the builds you select.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Posted by: Nyquest.1583

Nyquest.1583

My Necro feels more tanky than my Gaurdian. But really you can make any class have high survivability.

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

warrior

15char

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

The first option is the Ranger. They have good regen, use fairly good armor, and their pet can tank and heal them. Use bows to attack from afar.

Imho, Necro goes at second place. Good toughness, good vit, lich life, and a lot of minions to tank and give them more health and toughness.

Of course, it depends on your playstyle and the builds you select.

heh my friend necro minion master once rushed into group (big one) of Risen Nobles nad got instantly nuked but their primary atack.

When I was before same group with other friend – also necro but not minion master he was afraid to atack them.
but because I wanted to kill them, so he agree to atack telling that would be hard, and with battle cry “For the Great Looty” I charged (I was playing guardian, and he told “ok but You are going first”) and we killed them all

still minion master with all the army builded get nuked, second necro was afraid to atack and guardian get it done

ok, ok, that minion master didn’t make it to dodge (it was to quick for him) and I succesfully dodged all the AoE’s

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

For PvE: Doesn’t matter. Anything in full berserker is survivable enough.

For PvP: Depends a lot.

If we’re talking about pure staying power, then either a Guardian or Ranger with full clerics. Possibly Guardian due to better condition removal, but it’s pretty close.

In sPvP, this is mostly what matters. In WvW, if we’re talking about roaming, a perma-stealth thief with more defensive gear is immortal unless they kitten up extremely hard. Won’t necessarily kill much, but can’t be killed, which means you can go around and take camps, kill dolyaks and such, unless they station someone everywhere.