What is there to buy with Karma at level 80?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sly Maniac.3756

Sly Maniac.3756

Hello everyone,

So I hit level 80 within a week of playing, and I am currently getting a full 80 Excotic set of armour. This is fine, however the set I want (Carrion) is only possible to be made and not bought with Karma. So I now have 100k Karma with no use at all, and no one I ask in-game is able to say anything other than “gear”.

What do I do with my Karma?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

You need over 9k if you want a legendary weapon.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

You can use karma to buy the gear at orr and mix the sets anyway if you like some stats better than other. They have the same skin, and in the end the same point sum.

You can use karma to buy cultural weapons (i.e.: pirate) for great and peculiar skins.

You can use karma to buy recipes for your crafting professions.

In the end, you will need a lot of karma to craft your legendary weapon.

Hope some of these suggestion helps, but at the worst, you’re not losing anything. It just sits there, and i doubt you will be “farming” more of it.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: MegaBUD.2097

MegaBUD.2097

Used to buy salvage kit and mining pick… now they are worthless… except if you want a legendary…

Game will probably be dead before that…

WvWvW have instant queue…. no more overflow in LA… and im on one of the highest populated server…

Posted by: dutchusuk.2801

dutchusuk.2801

have more then 200k , have all the excotis, the light armor don’t have nice lookings for a necro imo they look all like a barbie doll, have all the recipes, wish you can use it for repairs or buy siege in WvW

Euc Alypta – Necromancer – Dynasty Warriors / The Northern Assembly – DW / TNA
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

Best bet would be to spend that in WvW or Go to Orr and buy at Karma Vendors at Temples. Each Armor piece costs 42K Karma and are Exotic. So that means you need 252K Karma for 1 full set or mix match (Archon, Armageddon, Aurora, Mortal etc).

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I don’t really think of buying “full sets of karma gear”, but I think it’s a nice goal to go for 1 or two of the better karma items from the Orr vendors.

I don’t know what MegaBUD is talking about above, I still buy salvage and harvesting stuff with karma, as well as cooking ingredients.

Fabsm.5897

They were used to buy master kits, now it is not possible anymore.

Anyway, all sort of salvage, harvesting and cooking stuff is out there in the heart vendors. You have to explore to find them. (no, there isn’t an updated list of the karma vendors, most are beta or outdated).

Fabsm

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Buy L80 karma gear in Orr (the green stuff not the 42k stuff). Put the L80 karma gear into the mystic forge to hopefully get yellow gear. Salvage yellow gear for ectos to go towards the crafting of your Carrion set.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Fabsm.5897

Bluestone, have you personally tried if the green karma gear can be put in the mystic forge?

When i will log this evening i could give it a try.

Fabsm

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Used to buy salvage kit and mining pick… now they are worthless… except if you want a legendary…

Game will probably be dead before that…

WvWvW have instant queue…. no more overflow in LA… and im on one of the highest populated server…

Wait…you want a queue for WvW? You want overflow servers? I always though those things sucked. Huh…imagine my surprise.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

When I was power-levelling cooking, I spent a deal of karma on “in bulk” ingredients from various heart-vendors that supply them around the world.

After that, it was all about a look I wanted (a karma-based one, not a dungeon one), and those were available from the valiant dudes and dudettes in Orr. You can imagine the frustration when you’ve managed to save it up, but the waypoint is contested due to a large event that has rendered your karma vendor either dead or unable to sell.

But it was worth every karma-penny.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Bluestone, have you personally tried if the green karma gear can be put in the mystic forge?

When i will log this evening i could give it a try.

Yes, this is what I spend my Karma on – L80 greens to put in mystic forge.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.