What kind of armor is this in PvE?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Q:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Rubric_armor

I can only find details about it in PvP, but I want to get the coat piece for it in PvE. I can’t find any information pertaining to karma, crafting, or merchants. Help me out!

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

A:

Arikyali.5804

Aak! I completed my storyline long ago, and probably salvaged/got rid of it. It’s soulbound, so I can’t move it to another character if I got it again. Is there no other way to obtain it?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You can play the personal story on another char, get the item, break the soulbinding on it to make it account bound then let your character have it.

If you don’t know how to break soulbinding:
Buy a white, low level, cheap coat. Use a T stone to merge them together, keeping the appearance. It will be now account bound. Put in bank. Your other character takes it out then uses a T stone to put the appearance on the coat it’s wearing.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Aak! I completed my storyline long ago, and probably salvaged/got rid of it. It’s soulbound, so I can’t move it to another character if I got it again. Is there no other way to obtain it?

You can “soulbreak” soulbound items by using transmutation stones to make them accountbound.

1. Buy a white piece of gear that corresponds to the type of the gear piece you’re soulbreaking. For example, if you’re trying to soulbreak the Rubric chest, you would buy a white quality light chest armor piece. Do NOT buy the white armor from NPCs armorsmiths, as it is soulbound.

2. Using a Transmutation Stone (or Crystal), transmute the looks of the piece you want to soulbreak onto the stats of the white item. Since white items from the TP can never be soulbound, the resulting piece will become account bound.

3. Put the transmuted item in your bank and pick it up on the character you wanted the look on.

4. Use another Transmutation Stone or Crystal to transmute the looks of the soulbroken piece onto your armor.

This can be done with weapons and backpieces as well, and has been confirmed by Anet to NOT be an exploit. Unfortunately, this does mean you will have to level an alt to get the pieces, though a friend can run you through the missions even when you’re underleveled to speed things up.

If you are short some Transmutation Stones, the best way to get them would be to complete a map. You can get them fairly quickly if you have an empty character slot- make a sylvari and complete the Grove for three stones.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Arikyali.5804

Thank you so much!