What low end machine are you using?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Navani.5281

Navani.5281

I’m thinking about downloading this game for my ASUS x401u so I can play instead of study at school.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X401U/

I highly doubt it’ll even run the game. But maybe I’ll get lucky, this laptop packs a lot of punch. What are you low enders running your game on?

Posted by: Notsure.7028

Notsure.7028

I dont see that machine playing the game, but why would you choose to play at school instead of learn? That makes no sense.

That laptop packs a lot of punch – if all you have is a Vic 20, otherwise that laptop is worthless as a gaming rig. And I mean completely worthless.

Navani.5281

I dont see that machine playing the game, but why would you choose to play at school instead of learn? That makes no sense.

That laptop packs a lot of punch – if all you have is a Vic 20, otherwise that laptop is worthless as a gaming rig. And I mean completely worthless.

It’s not a “gaming rig” .. and I was joking when I said play instead of learn, I’m in my fifth year on my second degree and even I need a bit of downtime every so often. This laptop can play Civ V and SimCity which is nice with no terrible lag. I also can play LoL pretty well on decent settings even though that game isn’t as intense.

I never said it was a gaming rig .. but man you completely missed the humor in my post along with the curiosity to see if anyone else was playing on a not-so-powerful computer. I highly doubt it can play the game but what’s the harm in trying? and what’s the harm in taking a break every so often from studying?

Notsure.7028

Not only did I not get the humor, I missed everything lol. Sorry bout that.

I certainly can understand needing a break and whatnot, I made a couple assumptions based off the text, and got it wrong.

I love good humor, too bad I missed it this time.

Navani.5281

<3 s’all good, maybe I just suck at typed humor =(

Notsure.7028

Or maybe I suck at interpretation, and continue to assume stuff even though it constantly bites me in the bum hehe

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

So to answer your question – I play GW2 on my lower end laptop and it works fine on low settings.

But with that AMD Brazos processor with integrated graphics you may not load optimally and particle effects will cause frame lag on your computer. Even if you get the E2 its a 1.7 dual core which is not up to minimum requirements. The integrated GPU should be “ok” but you should get the max ram (4GB) and allocate at least 256MB of it to the dedicated graphics.

If I was getting another laptop to play GW2 on I’d hold out until I had enough money to buy the newer i3 processor ones at the very least.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I’ve built my own PC… I don’t really “Trust” companies like Sony or Toshiba when it comes to buying PCs because their computers I have experiences tend to always be unreliable.

Only PC I find to be the most reliable for anything would be one you build yourself.
This is my spec -

Intel i7, 3770k CPU,
Ge-force GTX670 GPU,
8GB RAM

And the rest of the other crap doesn’t matter as far as I know when it comes to games. lol I’ve spent like $1,200?

But of course I don’t use it for just gaming… I do video editing and special effects for part of my work xD

Navani.5281

I built my own PC too haha. GW2 is the first game I can’t play on Ultra settings (I had to turn a couple of them down to high) but I haven’t updated it in years.

I do feel like the particle effects would destroy my laptop

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I couldn’t find much information on the APU in that machine, but what I did dig up leads me to think that GW2 would be really lackluster on it.

I bought GW2 when I still had a laptop only and built my desktop with playing it in mind. My laptop had a GPU that was, I think, between the Intel 3000 and 4000 (it was an AMD something but I’ve forgotten exacts). I got 15-20 fps pm absolute lowest settings when not doing anything and the graphics looked incredibly muddy.

If that was the only machine I had, I would have just kept playing WoW. : P

My desktop has an i5-3450 and HD 6870 and it plays GW2 on highest settings at 50-60fps so I’m pretty happy with that. I don’t really care about numbers – but the game definitely looks great. Comparing this to what my laptop could do, I was really missing out.

Navani.5281

Hahaha. Thanks for attempting to research! I don’t mind if the graphics look like mud .. SimCity, it looks like I’m playing the equivalent of Ocarina of Time cardboard edition. I play games for the mechanics. Unfortunately I feel as though the lag would make it feel like I’m playing a 1900’s silent film =(