What makes it glow?

What makes it glow?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vykintasz.5480

Vykintasz.5480

Anyone knows why some players are glowing? If you know what it makes it, please tell me the name of item or something. I don’t talk about radiant gloves, but look at SE armor, it glows too. This is example: http://tinypic.com/r/2zpkqpv/5

Attachments:

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d guess the radiant gloves are reflecting on the armor. Some metals get very shiny given a light source; they aren’t glowing as such, though.

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The greatsword behind him is glowing also. That may be contributing.

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Yeah, probably just the lighting. It looks like you’re in a Maguuma location, and the Sylvari areas are usually lit up very ethereally, so it’s probably just the place.

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think some materials, particularly metal, are slightly reflective so if you’ve got a lot of shiny items it can look like your entire character is glowing.

My guild leader is a very pale asuran wearing radiant gloves and shoulders, using SAB (or other glowing) weapons and using celestial dye and it’s a running joke that she applies permanent blind to anyone who looks at her because she’s so shiny.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

<— The aforementioned shiny guild leader ^

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

I’ll be submitting a petition to the Captain’s Council to legislate against super-shiny asuras on ground that they are a public hazard. Excessive shininess at below waist height will cause glaring to regular folk’s eyes, leading into them tripping over said perpetrator or other obstacle and fall to their deaths.

It is at these times that I am grateful that Evon Gnashblade did not get elected for he would simply tell us to buy more Sunglasses from the Black Lion Gem Store.

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I bet she is followed everywhere by hordes of Skritt. “Oooohhh SHINY”.

She should get herself a Skritt mini pet. ^^

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

What makes it glow?

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I bet she is followed everywhere by hordes of Skritt. “Oooohhh SHINY”.

She should get herself a Skritt mini pet. ^^

To them I’m the holiest of shinies and they worship me wherever I go

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds