What profession best with celistial armor?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ionic.2106

ionic.2106

I am wondering what profession benefits most from celestial armor? I was thinking of trying it with a thief build that’s half crit and half condition.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The only classes I’ve seen it on is Elementalist for wvw and I think one guardian I knew used it. But I think typically ele uses it. I’ve never seen a thief use it, but it sounds interesting anyway.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m planning to get it for my ele because with all the attunement swapping they use more stats than other professions.

It could potentially be useful for anyone as there are no professions where a stat is literally useless, but it’s the exact opposite of min-maxing which is generally accepted as the best way to get a good build in this game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I am by no means an expert, but I’m not sure about celestial thieves (where the play styles between condi and zerker/backstab thieves seem to be rather different) or guardians (who seem to have poor condi access except for burning), but elementalists and engineers look like they should work. Both of those classes are kinda jack-of-all-trades with quick kit/attunement swaps, condition and direct damage on all kits, as well as access to both heals and regen (which latter seems to benefit most from healing power), so they should be able to get something out of all the attributes.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

elementalists, rangers and engineers are all excellent users of celestial gear

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

in my opinion:

1) elementalist (d/d)
2) engineer (kits/helixirs)
3) ranger (trapper)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

elementalists, rangers and engineers are all excellent users of celestial gear

This. Warriors also do well in celestial. Thieves, Necros, Mesmers, and Guardians aren’t as flexible with their skills/builds and are, therefore, fundamentally better off being min/maxed due to their overall design.

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

i’d just point out that warriors would do well in celestial BUT NOT IN PVE

pve warr should never touch anything besides zerker’s, there’s just no reason at all for it (other than backup soldier’s for dragons)

they have some of the highest natural survivability of any class, making the toughness and vitality redundant, and healing power on a warr requires one of two very specific builds (shout or banner) both of which are totally outclassed by having an ele or guard support, and warr condition in pve is just kind of bad

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

There’s no need for celestial in pve for any profession really. Toughness and vitality are only needed for people who have trouble staying alive in zerker gear anyway. Warrior doesn’t require any build short of 3 trait pts to make use of healing power as they have access to some of the highest amounts of passive healing in the game. Support does not equal ‘healer’. Conditions suck in pve for every profession. Of all the professions, Warrior has the best access to other sorces of power, precision, and ferocity in order to mitigate the lower offensive stats from Celestial gear. If you’re hellbent on using Celestial gear, then Warrior is one of the four acceptable professions to use it on.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

i’d just point out that warriors would do well in celestial BUT NOT IN PVE

pve warr should never touch anything besides zerker’s, there’s just no reason at all for it (other than backup soldier’s for dragons)

they have some of the highest natural survivability of any class, making the toughness and vitality redundant, and healing power on a warr requires one of two very specific builds (shout or banner) both of which are totally outclassed by having an ele or guard support, and warr condition in pve is just kind of bad

They also have no active defenses or vigor access and their only other dodge skill is WWA but let’s not get into that.

In terms of PvE the question shouldn’t be “is zerker better” because it always is, the question should be “does this class benefit more from this given gearset than others” which is basically a function of several things:

1) Amount of condition damage they can output with a direct DPS spec, since Celestial’s condition damage stat will better offset the direct DPS loss with more condition stacks. This is pretty much just engies and to a lesser extent sword warriors.

2) Nonreliance on gear stats. Classes like the ranger, who get damage from the pet unaffected by gear, and also necromancers (from Flesh Golem) fall within this category. It also includes classes that get a large amount of offensive stats from traits alone (again, rangers).

3) Overall role in the party. Obviously a bit of a DPS loss won’t be felt as hard if you’re a low-hitting necromancer than if you’re a elementalist that people expect to DPS.

With that in mind I’d say go with ranger, your DPS already sucks and like I mentioned before, you take a comparatively smaller hit from losing the DPS stats.