What's a returning player before PoF to do??

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: nlgatewood.4793

nlgatewood.4793

So I returned earlier this month from a very long hiatus (I basically missed all of HoT) and want to get ready for Path of Fire. Any tips on what I should be focusing on? As of now, I’ve been going around training my glider mastery and saving up gold. But are there things I should be focusing on that might help me more in the upcoming expansion?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hero Points for the upcoming Elite Specializations?

Welcome return, and good luck.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

That’s what I did, have enough now to unlock every spec on release lol

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

PoF is an entry point for new players…. so aside from Glider (which is really helpful with the Tyrian retrofit), you don’t really need to do anything besides maybe stock pile materials and gold for the new crafting projects. Everything else is self contained in the expansion.

nlgatewood.4793

Now that I think about it, that would probably be a better use of my time rather than focusing on mastery points

nlgatewood.4793

PoF is an entry point for new players…. so aside from Glider (which is really helpful with the Tyrian retrofit), you don’t really need to do anything besides maybe stock pile materials and gold for the new crafting projects. Everything else is self contained in the expansion.

That’s kinda what I’m starting to think. A lot of the stuff I’ve been doing seems specific to HoT so would be rendered pointless with the new content (at least until I decide to go back and do HoT stuff). I do see how getting Hero Points would be good. I may start looking at those and focusing on gold/crafting.

Posted by: TheMightyNewb.6789

TheMightyNewb.6789

I would get all your masteries completed. It’s up to 193 now. I would also finish the story if you haven’t already and maybe map complete any toons you want to play in pof. You could start your trek for legendary armor or work on any other legendaries you want. Maybe just farm gold so you have some saved when pof launches.

nlgatewood.4793

I would get all your masteries completed. It’s up to 193 now. I would also finish the story if you haven’t already and maybe map complete any toons you want to play in pof. You could start your trek for legendary armor or work on any other legendaries you want. Maybe just farm gold so you have some saved when pof launches.

This might be a stupid question. What’s the benefit of the map completion before PoF? What does that give you?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

HoT map completion gives you a gift used for HoT legendaries ( it’s a single gift, not a 2x like the old legendaries ).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This isn’t really required for Path of Fire, but the Core Tyria Mastery, Advanced Logistics is a really great QoL feature. You might want to work on that in preparation, just to have less ‘interact’ (and more fun) in all of Tyria. =)

nlgatewood.4793

This isn’t really required for Path of Fire, but the Core Tyria Mastery, Advanced Logistics is a really great QoL feature. You might want to work on that in preparation, just to have less ‘interact’ (and more fun) in all of Tyria. =)

I’m playing a boosted character and haven’t explored or done anything in Tyria…so maybe doing that and working on full map completion might be a good idea. Might be a good chance to save up some lower level mats for crafting, too. Think I’ll work on that!