What should I do; Returning Player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Soriki.5934

Soriki.5934

I played GW2 back in 2014/2015 I believe, basically when it wasn’t free.
I have 5 characters, 1 I just made today since I returned today, a Guardian.
I will be buying Heart Of Thorns today.

Most of my characters are low level and my highest is my lvl 35 Norn Thief.

I have 2 things I wanna do right now.

Make a character and build it up to be the fastest traveling character I can possibly have.
I need help doing this, in terms of how to start and how should I go about doing that.

Since I’ll be getting HoT, and the deluxe version as well, what should I do with my upcoming 4000 Gems?

Today I tried WvWvW, something I never tried before, simply because I wanted a PvP kill (I later realized it didn’t count for some reason so I went to normal PvP and got myself one by mashing my buttons at someone xD)

And after playing it, I realized the huge amount of rewards I can get from it, these limited time things that I have no idea about and all this stuff..

I feel really overwhelmed and don’t really know what to do.

I have many hours to play (Honestly feel bad for people that can only play like 1 or even less… Just remembered that)

And I’d like to know where I should be spending those hours.

In RPGs I like being a Magical Morally Good Thief/Sneaky person and my go to job would probably be blacksmithing in terms of just general “Main Character” making in an RPG like an Elder Scrolls game, should I go Thief according to this?

Where can I learn about everything I need to know?

I have no idea which items I should be selling, which characters I should be giving certain items to…

Should I delete my characters and start over by leveling up a character to 80 and then proceeding to making alts with different crafting jobs and such?

Overall I just want to know how to learn everything about the game the fastest and most efficient way, and what should I be doing right now to maximize my time:reward ratio, and where + plus should I be spending my upcoming 4000 Gems from the deluxe purchase I’ll be making. Thanks for your time!

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Should I delete my characters and start over by leveling up a character to 80 and then proceeding to making alts with different crafting jobs and such?

No. Keep everything you have. It’s not important what crafting profession each character has, the only concern with crafting is which character you want to have ascended weapons or armor. If you need a ranger with ascended weapons, you’ll want to level weaponsmith and huntsman for example, on ANY character. Ascended gear can be passed around to any of your characters.

Goal 1, movement) Thief is the fastest followed very closely by druid and warrior.

Goal 2, gems) Get unlimited gathering tools and a copper fed salvage-o-matic.

Goal 3, WvW) Ideally find a reputable WvW guild. Otherwise check out metabattle.com for WvW builds, get on your servers teamspeak, and just learn via experience. Fighting other humans is always going to be hard.

Where you can learn about the game? Metabattle.com for builds, dulfy.net for PvE guides, and of course the wiki for general info. You can access the wiki in game by typing /wiki _. Like, “/wiki conditions” will tell you everything you need to know about conditions.

Soriki.5934

Yeah, I played WoW one time for a bit of time some years ago so I still have that alt mindset engrained on me for MMORPGS xd

Thanks a lot for the response!

I really appreciate this, so much better than trying to do things randomly without a plan!

Soriki.5934

Man just took a look at my first character’s first email… 3 Years old, holy crap, man I shouldn’t have stopped playing this game! Would’ve had so much done by now.

Although honestly I don’t regret it, I feel like I would’ve been really different as a person nowadays lol. But now I think I’m ready to sink my hours into this xD

If anyone has more info please reply! I’ll greatly appreciate it

Send me a friend request if you feel like you could do a better job at helping me in-game or through others means than this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The Deluxe Edition of Heart of Thorns does not include any Gems. You may have meant the Ultimate Edition. I suggest you save your Gems until you are more familiar with the game; then decide what item(s) you most desire.

One bit of advice I would give is to leave your L80 Boost item until you have leveled a couple of character naturally. (I’ve yet to use mine, actually.) Pay attention to the tutorial tips given with each level-up.

The Wiki is a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2 (link above, and accessed in-game as previously mentioned).

Take your time, there’s no rush. Spend some time in the Maguuma Wastes before entering Heart of Thorns. In fact, be quite comfortable with the game and your Professions before entering that jungle; it’s quite a step up from Core Tyria.

Gather everything; salvage or sell any Armor/Gear you don’t need at the moment, there’s always more than enough coming your way.

Welcome return, and good luck.

Soriki.5934

Thx again

I’ll gladly use your tips ^U^

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I would wait to get hot untill your character or multiple are 80. Since you cant really do anything in hot before that.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The fastest class is Daredevil. So get your thief to level 80 and unlock daredevil for them. Then zoom through everyone using steal and dash. Watch the world in slow motion.