What stores sell gem cards?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Azalf.4782

Azalf.4782

Q:

I can’t use my debit/credit card to buy gems so i was wondering where i can find them. Like game stop or something

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I know Best Buy has them, also Amazon – but check the price, sometimes the retail cards have a mark up.

Posted by: WolftheAngel.4089

WolftheAngel.4089

I’ve bought them in Gamestop.

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Gamestop for sure

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Gamestop for me. My card wont work for NCsoft purchases cause apparently I used my card for too many MMO’s, or something, idk they didnt make any sense lol.. Anywho you can usually use a gift card in game to buy them as well.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Target stores. At least my local one does.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Zeprimus.1093

Zeprimus.1093

I’ve seen them at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Gamestop. Other similar stores may have them; assuming you are near major retailers, you should have no problem getting them.

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

10/29/2015

Just to let you know.
NA EST, BestBuy(Rarely they have the pre-purchase HoT $49, i went in 3 stores they only sell $49 no gem cards), before i went ahead in walmart and target i checked their website and it seems there’s no gem card listed on it, in walmart they only have Guild Wars 2 (PC) [Out of stock] and steel series headset, in target they only have Ghosts of Ascalon ( Guild Wars) (Reprint) (Paperback). That why i didn’t bother going in store to make sure they don’t sell gem cards.

My last stop was Gamestop i have been in 4 store, since the 1st/2nd/3rd stores they don’t have it the sale person said they don’t know/we only sell pre-purchase no gem card, the 4th one they have it $15, and $25 took me a while to find one. Would be nice if anet will give us additional gem everytime we purchase gem ($25 – 2000gems + “free 400gems”)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

In the US I’ve seen them reliably in Target and BestBuy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

GameStop and BestBuy have been the two that have always had Gem Cards in my area.

Target and WalMart carried them during the first year and a half or so, then phased them out. They recently started carrying them again, though (probably because of HoT).

Of course, different stores and different locations may vary.

If all else fails and you can’t find physical gem cards, you could always buy an Amazon gift card (pretty much anyplace sells those) and use said Amazon card to purchase Gem Cards.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Amazon.com (US) currently has them in stock at 2000 gems/$25 (which is the same 800 gems/$10 available in game).

Free delivery if you buy $35 worth of whatever (or always free with Amazon Prime).

It’s sold from all of vendors listed above by other posters, but you can’t always find them in stock. And if it’s not immediately available, the clerks will (incorrectly) tell you their stores no longer sells them.

The problem is that too few are sold per location, so it’s not worth their time to stock up that many. When that supply runs out, the computers say it’s unavailable and most clerks interpret that to mean that the regional buyers won’t be ordering any more (not true — this has been happening for years at each of the vendors mentioned in this thread, and not just with GW2 gem cards).

If there are multiple stores in your area, call around first before heading out. All of these vendors will allow you to pick up from the store of your choice, if you ask. If there is only one store close by, then also call them and ask the clerk there to find cards outside the area — that takes longer, but it is a service that the stores will provide.

And of course, you can always try the online portals for these stores.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Swishee.2174

Swishee.2174

Before i like amazon when i buy gift and prepaid cards. But now after they added tax i stopped using amazon when buying cards. Its not like the tax i just want the price i’m paying for is exactly, since they’re gift and prepaid cards. If i’m purchasing $50 card i’ll just pay exactly $50 if its more than that forget about it.

In terms of Guild Wars 2 gem card the $25 on amazon has tax of $1.80 =$26.80 for $25 gem card and if you’re not using amazon prime the shipping charge is $4.98, overall total of $31.78 just for $25 gem card.

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Have you considered using pay safe cards? That’s what I do, you can buy them from any shop with a pay point, you buy one for say £50 and can enter the code on thousands of sites and spend the money, including gw2 for gems etc etc

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem