What to do after 80?

What to do after 80?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wojohowitz.2581

Wojohowitz.2581

Well I am currently level 76 almost 77 as a thief and I have decided to hit 80 before doing anything else. I have huntsman and leather working as my crafting and I thought I might try to max those after hitting 80. Is it fairly simple to max those fairly quickly? I did happen to run across a site that shows you all the materials you need to hit max level but I hope those professions will benefit me even at 80. I hear people work on getting legendary or ascended gear? Is ascended gear better and how do I go about getting that once I have hit 80? I will also be getting involved with pvp more especially wvw and will my crafting benefit in anyways there or what kind of gear should i focus on pvp wise? Are there dungeons I can solo?

Thanks!

What to do after 80?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Hard to say what you should do without knowing what you have done? Have you completed all the zones (mapping/100%)? Gone through your story? Those are the kind of things that interest me, but what do you prefer? I’d say keep plugging away, explore, and try out WvW and PvP. Work on upgrading your gear as you go.

There are many posts, plus the wiki, to guide you into all that stuff, so look around.

What to do after 80?

Wojohowitz.2581

Well no I still have not finished the story or completed all the zones. I would love to get a link anyone has that gives good directions for all the jumping puzzles. I am not very good with finding them on my own.

What to do after 80?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What to do after 80?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Also, if you go to your Hero panel and look at Achievements, there may be short term goals there that may inspire you.

What to do after 80?

Wojohowitz.2581

Thanks for the suggestions all!

What to do after 80?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

At level 80 the game basically becomes free-roaming. There’s no new game modes you couldn’t access before, but you don’t need to worry about being too low level, or otherwise unprepared for what you’re going into. You can just do whatever interests you, in pretty much any order you like.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”