What to do before PoF?

What to do before PoF?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: rsiloliveira.6429

rsiloliveira.6429

I just got back to the game, I have 5 lvl80 characters, none of them really complete. Most using exotic gear at max.

So I’m thinking, I want to prepare for the expansion. I don’t really have time to do everything, so I need to focus.

What should I prioritize?

- Map completion
- Story completion
- Should I craft ascended gear or wait?
- What kind of things should I store?
- Anyt goal I should try to achieve?

Sorry it is a lot of questions, but I’m really lost.

What to do before PoF?

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

I have 9 level 80’s across 2 accounts, none of them wearing any ascended armor, many are still running with exotic weapons. I’ve completed everything except for the last fight in LWS2 and LWS3 (mainly because I’ve been waiting to coordinate game time with my brother so we can do them together). I do have a few exotic weapons – I’ve crafted some of them, and some are from the elite specialization collections. What I’m trying to say is, you’re basically fine as you are, just have fun.

Having said that, here’s what I’d do in your shoes:
1. Story completion on at least one character. You know the story and it’s basically a free mastery point for each episode/chapter. Who doesn’t want mastery points? Including all the season 3 episodes you have unlocked. Again, mastery points and experience facing tougher mobs.
2. Harvest everything. Ascended gear takes quite a bit of resources – unless you get a drop.
3. LWS3 Maps offer ascended rings, back pieces, amulets, and trinkets for map currencies. Get a full set of trinkets – they’re stat selectable.
4. Craft ascended weapons BEFORE ascended armor.
5. Ascended armor can be stat swapped in the mystic forge, so, if money or mats are not an issue, you can make them now and swap stats in the future IF you find that you need to. Keep in mind that part of the materials for ascended is time gated so that you can only make one per day. START making those now – Spool of Thick Elonian Cord, Spool of Silk Weaving Thread, Lump of Mithrillium, and Glob of Elder Spirit Residue.

What to do before PoF?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I’ll still be grinding gold for the next few months because someone at anet thought it was a good idea to have 6 gifts of totem necessary for legendary armour. So far the only thing that’s legendary about this crafting process is its bill.

As for the rest, finishing HoT collections, achievements and getting into wvw.. who’d have thought wvw commanders were more toxic than the pvp lobby

What to do before PoF?

Posted by: rsiloliveira.6429

rsiloliveira.6429

I have 9 level 80’s across 2 accounts, none of them wearing any ascended armor, many are still running with exotic weapons. I’ve completed everything except for the last fight in LWS2 and LWS3 (mainly because I’ve been waiting to coordinate game time with my brother so we can do them together). I do have a few exotic weapons – I’ve crafted some of them, and some are from the elite specialization collections. What I’m trying to say is, you’re basically fine as you are, just have fun.

Having said that, here’s what I’d do in your shoes:
1. Story completion on at least one character. You know the story and it’s basically a free mastery point for each episode/chapter. Who doesn’t want mastery points? Including all the season 3 episodes you have unlocked. Again, mastery points and experience facing tougher mobs.
2. Harvest everything. Ascended gear takes quite a bit of resources – unless you get a drop.
3. LWS3 Maps offer ascended rings, back pieces, amulets, and trinkets for map currencies. Get a full set of trinkets – they’re stat selectable.
4. Craft ascended weapons BEFORE ascended armor.
5. Ascended armor can be stat swapped in the mystic forge, so, if money or mats are not an issue, you can make them now and swap stats in the future IF you find that you need to. Keep in mind that part of the materials for ascended is time gated so that you can only make one per day. START making those now – Spool of Thick Elonian Cord, Spool of Silk Weaving Thread, Lump of Mithrillium, and Glob of Elder Spirit Residue.

Good stuff, thank you! Couple more questions xD

3. I think I have couple one I got with Laurels, are those the same? Can I swap on those too? I have with berserker stats, but I wish I could make them Viper now.

4. I got one from drop yesterday, but the stats were crap, healing, toughness… something. So I can switch that?

5. Oh, I didn’t know that. Will start soon enough.

What to do before PoF?

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

You can always finish up on your Grand Artisan title.

What to do before PoF?

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Good stuff, thank you! Couple more questions xD

3. I think I have couple one I got with Laurels, are those the same? Can I swap on those too? I have with berserker stats, but I wish I could make them Viper now.

4. I got one from drop yesterday, but the stats were crap, healing, toughness… something. So I can switch that?

5. Oh, I didn’t know that. Will start soon enough.

Per https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing stat swapping on ascended in the mystic forge is possible with only ascended weapons and ascended armor. Rings, trinkets, back items, and amulets aren’t. With a couple of exceptions: 1. Bloodstone Fen items can be stat changed with a bloodstone capacitor that the vendor sells for something like 100 unbound magic. The items from the other maps – last I heard – don’t have this feature. 2. When infusing or attuning the season 3 rings, you can select different stats, and it works on all of the season 3 rings.