What to do with bad precursors?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: RapidFire.9214

RapidFire.9214

I just got “The Bard” off of an aircraft chest in Verdant Brink
It’s the precursor to “The Minstrel”

It’s a focus so obviously it’s not as valuable as the others at all. It only sells for 150 gold on the trading post, so what do you guys thing I should do with it?

Posted by: Poitus.2860

Poitus.2860

Could you make the Minstrel and sell it?

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Reading the topic… “bad precursors”…. you are aware that there are thousands of players that have played thousands of hours each and have never ever (and probably never will) see a precursor drop and would go completly nuts if they got what you got? And you come to the forums in all seriousness and complain about a “bad precursor” drop? I’m speechless.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: zombeaver.1650

zombeaver.1650

u can gift me so i can finally finish my nevermore

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Well first of all that’s a 150 gold precursor.
Second of all if you crafted the Minstrel right now and sold it as a sell order at 2.9k gold you could make around 1.4k gold profit….
Sure it’s not as cool as the Legend or Dusk but it can go for a hefty sum regardless.
Of course you’d have to do some more research on pricing as the market does fluctuate a lot. So it could be a 1.4k gold profit or a 150g profit.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

“Bad precursor drop” seriously? Just because it is for a weapon you won’t use doesn’t mean it is bad. I’ve chalked up over 6,700 hours and have yet to see a precursor. The only reason I even have a legendary is because I finally broke down and bought the precursor for it. Everything but the precursor sat in my bank for 6 months to a year.

Reading the topic… “bad precursors”…. you are aware that there are thousands of players that have played thousands of hours each and have never ever (and probably never will) see a precursor drop and would go completly nuts if they got what you got? And you come to the forums in all seriousness and complain about a “bad precursor” drop? I’m speechless.

I wasn’t speechless….I said lots of bad words after spitting my coffee all over my monitor.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Feel free to give it to me. Or sell it and realize you still got a precursor, so you’re “luckier” than a lot of other players.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Craft it and give it to your Guardian?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My thought process for any precursor drop would be simple, if I wanted it I’d make the legendary, if not I’d sell it.

You say it’s a ‘bad’ precursor and you don’t know what to do with it, but it’s still a precursor and still worth 150g. I bet if you got any other item worth that you wouldn’t be complaining or wondering what you should do – you’d sell it and be happy that you got 150g.

Or if you’re willing to put in the time and effort make the legendary and sell it for even more.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

3500 hours played and not a single precursor dropped to me)) i will be happy even if legendary harpoon gun precursor (70-80g) dropped for me XD

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Sell it for 150 gold?

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

If you don’t like it, sell it.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Sigh. I would be happy with the ones the kool kids scorn. In three years of playing I have not found a single one good or bad. Now hylek tongues is a different story.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

When I got The Colossus, I sold it because I don’t use a hammer. I used that gold to fund my Kudzu.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You give it to someone that will actually appreciate the rarity they are being given.

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

Well, after over 4400 hours of gameplay I got my first precursor, an underwater thingie that I sold then for 60G. Was happily disappointed. With my luck I’ll get the next pre in 3 years and there are some more underwater precursors. :/

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I had no idea that The Bard was so inexpensive to buy. Thanks for your thread about how “bad” this precursor is, because it might be my second legendary after I finish Nevermore. I have always admired pretty foci

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This. Never ever found one to date.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Dropped loot is not the only place to get a precursor.
Regardless of HoT’s precursors availability issue and limited number,
the Mystic Forge still provides for those lucky and persistent gamblers…

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It seems like the line of thinking here goes:

1) I play 2000+ hours and finally get my first precursor.
2) It’s crappy and cheap
3) it will be another 2000+ hours to get another so I feel “ripped off”

But it’s just as likely that you play 2 more hours and another precursor drops. It’s not like you got a precursor so now your account is “banned” or “flagged” from having another drop.

Posted by: Emerik.7846

Emerik.7846

I myself got rage a few months ago. If I recall its precursor for a legendary trident. I was thinking the same thing. what do I do with this?! It sells for 45g (the precursor) I cant imagine anyone going out of there way to buy a legendary water weapon but I could be wrong.

I got it randomly from the mystic forge when I was free to play and hung onto it just because I had a feeling it was rare regardless of the price.
Still have it but like I said not sure what to do with it.