What to do with dozens of ascended rings?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

I have dozens of ascended rings, both infused and un-infused. They’re taking nearly all my bank slots. 99% of the rings are useless to me. There should be something worthwhile that we can do with them. Selling them to vendor for 2 or 4 silver is not the right way, considering how hard it is to get them.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

they should be sellable for 20g+ a pop but since anet don’t want us to make money they’re acc bound. that’s the reason we have nothing to do with them other than sell for pathetic amount of money lol 4s for ascended level gear hah

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

are they salvageable for top tier crafting mats? i imagine those would sell for more than 2-4 silver

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Keep a collection to show off.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Trash them to spite yourself or so.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I think I heard they are going to give us sth to do with them, but idk where and if it’s true :/

Posted by: gibson.2549

gibson.2549

sell them to the vendor for 2 or 4 silver

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Why not allow people to actually buy them for those that hate these FotM dungeons, and what ever happened to being able to acquire Ascended stuff everywhere in the game open world , wvw, spvp etc…

Posted by: Murashin.8602

Murashin.8602

I am VERY HAPPY that Ascended Rings are ACCOUNT BOUND.
Finally, something you can’t buy with your exploited gold from GW2’s “farming of bugged quest” in first weeks or obtained from Mystic Forge.

Why am I happy?
“Why not allow people to actually buy them for those that hate these FotM dungeon?”
Why at this point not allow to buy Badges of Honor instead of being killed by hordes of enemies in WvW?
Why not use Tier 5 mats instead of Tier 6 to make Legendary Gifts?
Why Globs of Ectoplasm are not dropped by trash mobs?

I remember when people asked for Legendary “Soulbound on Use” instead of Account Bound.
Now, THE SAME PEOPLE, are complaining about their price! Outrageously ridiculous.

Posted by: Murashin.8602

Murashin.8602

(my post was only to reply to Dante, that asked -without do two Fractals run, I suppose-, for Rings craftable. In a thread where we are ALL COMPLAINING of how many rings we have!!! I waste a lot of time answering this guy while the thread name is the best answer for him)

Posted by: Puchbol.9035

Puchbol.9035

Sounds like a First World Gamer Problem to me…

“Lodestones only stack to 250! WHY, ANET? WHY?”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Among the things I think they might implement to remove excess ascended rings from the game, I think I’d most want to be able to convert them into pristine fractal relics, so you can then get the ring you do want. I’d prefer to do that above salvaging for ecto or put 4 into mystic forge and get 1 random one out.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Give them to your alts?

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

Account binding on ascended rings is the same design pattern used for equipment obtained from dungeon tokens or from karma vendors. It keeps certain items out of the gold economy. Basically the only way someone has this equipment is if they earned it. This model differs from other games where everything is obtainable for gold.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Very strange to me that ascended rings are not sellable, but legendaries are!?!? Weird decision there imho.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If ascended rings were just soulbound on use and could be sold……

Then the forums would be filled with people complaining about how they have to buy gems to get gold for their ascended rings, and how some people are able to unfairly able to make lots of gold selling rings because they were lucky enough not to disconnect getting to level 10 and how they’re stuck on level 4 unfairly which is the fault of someone else.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Soulblazer.3105

Soulblazer.3105

Very strange to me that ascended rings are not sellable, but legendaries are!?!? Weird decision there imho.

Except legendaries aren’t sellable…

If you don’t equip it when you make it you can sell it as it’s soulbound on use. Press “O” and see by yourself.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I remember when people asked for Legendary “Soulbound on Use” instead of Account Bound.
Now, THE SAME PEOPLE, are complaining about their price! Outrageously ridiculous.

Actually, Legendaries were always Soulbound on Use and not Account Bound. It’s somewhat unintentional, I believe, and they may make it so that Legendaries are Account Bound, but not Character Bound. I’m not 100% sure about that, though.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

When I say ‘excess’, I mean that my main character has 2 for pvp, 2 for mf. Then my first alt has the 2 she wants, and my second alt has the 2 she wants. Then I have about 3 soulbound (temporary ones my main character used) and 7 non-soulbound that I can’t do anything with aside from take up bank space.
If I could turn them into pristine relics, I could at least get my alts the exact rings they want rather than close enough. But pretty soon even that won’t be helpful.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

I would like to salvage them into relics and/or mist essence.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

maybe it can be redesigned so they can be thrown into the forge to make a super ring?