What to do with lvl 80?

What to do with lvl 80?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hypathia.1049

Hypathia.1049

So i farmed now almost 1 karma set in BG’s but the 2 maps and repetitive gameplay has become very old fast.

Due to bugged skillpoints im unable to proceed with map completion.
Because of a bug in the lvl 80 dungeon i cannot proceed here too.

I don’t like playing sPvP. I have 1 profession at 400 and most items are exotic. So what else is there to Guild Wars 2, except “farming” items with similar stats?

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: eladox.3457

eladox.3457

Nothing and apparently people are ok with that since there is no subs fee :P

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

Yeah, i figured that GW2 is not the holy grail i was looking for

What to do with lvl 80?

eladox.3457

Well it could be next daoc and hold my interest with a little tweaking for next 7-8 years, but apparently anet doesn’t want it =>

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Snaylor.2760

Snaylor.2760

Make that three

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Wow..: I don’t understand this… You paid for a game and then blew through it.. Why?

Arena Net just launched this game give them some time to develops some end game content. Honestly I feel this game has had one of the smoothest launches I have ever seen. I am happy that the Devs put their time into that because I have seen a rocky launch destroy a game before it even gets going.

You blew through all the content to get to 80 as fast as possible, well guess what? A net hasn’t even had any time to develop a lage amount of end game content yet as they had to put time into fixing bugs and releasing the game. It’s not their fault, it’s akittenbusiness. They are going to want to keep people playing their product so what do you think they are going to do? Release more content.

Just because you blew through everything doesn’t mean it’s their fault you have nothing to do yet.

So you have limited choices roll an alt, grind dungeons, pvp, or work on world completion until they can make some content.

Don’t blame anyone but yourself. Why the hell would you pay $60 for a game and blow through the wholekittenthing?

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Jerakor.1678

Jerakor.1678

This is exactly how I felt in WoW. I personally hate raiding in X man teams since I had it better before that idea came around (NToV <3) and so I’d get level 80, run all the heroics 100 times and I’d be bored.

I can say that your solutions to this come in what you find fun. In WoW my solution was to take long breaks between expansions. That is an option for you here as well. Other options involve crafting, finding a guild for WvW to help make it more meaningful, grinding out more Karma for the future, playing an alt, working on Legendary weapons.

What to do with lvl 80?

eladox.3457

I dont mind waiting for some content if anet annouces that they are working on it, i can level last 2 crafting professions, level more alts etc. But I am not sure if they want pvp progression.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Vertix.5693

Vertix.5693

Yeah I can’t quite get my head around it, I really enjoy this game but there is something missing…

Personally don’t like how the map missions are done, going to the hearts on the map and doing whatever it tells you, fell grindy going zone too zone just to boost my level… Only level 21. I do enjoy the big bosses though, they are insanely fun!

My preference is PVP and even that is missing that.. Something… I came from DCUO and I LOVED that game. I just can’t figure out what it is that is missing…

Gonna keep playing of course, it’s a great game still

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

Wow..: I don’t understand this…
Don’t blame anyone but yourself.

I think i was asking a valid question. And yes i blame myself for getting into the hype for a game which still not exist.

Maybe Eternal Lineage is what im looking for.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Airien.4798

Airien.4798

This is what happens when folks don’t research a game before purchasing it and just have to obtain the new flavor of the month.

This game is all about the journey to the level cap. That has been pretty apparent for quite some time. Why others still expect differently I’m not sure.

Either you didn’t do your research or only read/heard what you wanted to.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Sulmith Greysin.5124

Sulmith Greysin.5124

so you expected endless content for people who are technically gaming addicts?

you’ve probably logged what, 150-200 hours in 3 weeks? you’re burned out. you’re not motivated because half of your life the past 3 weeks has been focused on one thing. i’m level 47 with tons of game to go. you turned the game into a job and now you’re sick of it.

endless content will never, ever, ever happen. it’s impossible. you want quantity over quality over quantity, but quantity in any form will never pay a studio’s bills

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

I came from DCUO and I LOVED that game. I just can’t figure out what it is that is missing…

Maybe ladders to climb walls and a ranking.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

holy grail comment made me giggle

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Hieronumous.3541

Hieronumous.3541

you’ve probably logged what, 150-200 hours in 3 weeks? you’re burned out. you’re not motivated because half of your life the past 3 weeks has been focused on one thing. i’m level 47 with tons of game to go. you turned the game into a job and now you’re sick of it.

endless content will never, ever, ever happen. it’s impossible. you want quantity over quality over quantity, but quantity in any form will never pay a studio’s bills

This.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

There are games which are 20 years old which are still great. And it is irrelevant how long it takes you to level since 80. With level 80 at the current state of the game, you can just farm / do repetitive taks (this includes pvp).

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Issues.2094

Issues.2094

Everyone wants this game to be an alternative to World of Warcraft but then they are complaining because the game isn’t exactly like World of Warcraft? I have a hard time understanding the thought process here?

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Vertix.5693

Vertix.5693

Everyone wants this game to be an alternative to World of Warcraft but then they are complaining because the game isn’t exactly like World of Warcraft? I have a hard time understanding the thought process here?

Never played WOW :P

DCUO is the only other MMO I have clocked alot of hours into

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

Spot on. I enjoy GW2 but I’m pretty certain if I spent 12 hours a day playing it I’d get tired of it.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

I think the probem is that GW2 is to much like WoW and has to much stereotypes (as most things today).

What to do with lvl 80?

Hieronumous.3541

There isn’t a thought process to it. That’s the problem: eladrox has encapsulated it perfectly, that there’s very little logic to it, just gut reactions. Which is fine, except they proffer these opinions as universally held truths, which they aren’t.
I’ve sunk plenty of time into the game, and I enjoy everything it has to offer. Everyone I know, personally, who has bought the game agrees. The people I know who dislike PvE enjoy PvP, and the people who hate PvP are enjoying the hell out of dungeons.

What to do with lvl 80?

eladox.3457

Daoc had non-grind pvp content lasts 5 6 years for an average player. (there was 25+ classes you can repeat the process)

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: NyghtProwler.9386

NyghtProwler.9386

Do you realize how many events are in each zone? How many can fire monthly or weekly or daily? Some won’t even fire if certain situations are not in place.

Do you know that almost all events are chained? and when it finishes you will most likely unlock a vendor that is normally not there?

Simply sprinting through zones are break neck speed looking on the map to plot the most efficient route to the next Poi or waypoint, not fighting mobs if you don’t have to is such a waste of all the time the devs put into this game.

It almost seems like you are racing to end so you can experience end game content now that all the mundane zones are done. Like “ok, done with all the chores! Show me the awesome stuff now and lets have some fun!” the fun IS 1-80, that is the end game – if you rushed through and wasted that away all I can say is you missed out.

There seems to be a lot of people feeling that way around here – and if that is your thoughts as well, I feel like maybe you wasted your cash. That is FAR from what this game is about imo.

Think Skyrim instead of WoW. Just sit back, chill and enjoy the game.

Levels mean nothing here other than restricting your movements on the world map.
Gear means nothing because of scaling so there is no progression.
Dungeons are not mandatory or necessary or to be done after 80.

It’s all about the trip, not the destination.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

Well, i take a break now from this game but i have not much hopes that there will be anytime any thing decent when it comes to endgame.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Stryker.9632

Stryker.9632

“blow through it”? He played the entire game, and parts of it several times if he farmed an entire set of armor already.

That’s doing basically everything that is out there

It’s not that they want it to be like WoW, they just want more stuff to do.
Can’t really fault them on it either, there are several disgruntled customers who feel the same.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

and when it finishes you will most likely unlock a vendor that is normally not there?

And then what? I can not buy anything which would be an upgrade. The itemization of this game is one big disappointment.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Snaylor.2760

Snaylor.2760

Do you realize how many events are in each zone? How many can fire monthly or weekly or daily? Some won’t even fire if certain situations are not in place.

Do you know that almost all events are chained? and when it finishes you will most likely unlock a vendor that is normally not there?

Simply sprinting through zones are break neck speed looking on the map to plot the most efficient route to the next Poi or waypoint, not fighting mobs if you don’t have to is such a waste of all the time the devs put into this game.

It almost seems like you are racing to end so you can experience end game content now that all the mundane zones are done. Like “ok, done with all the chores! Show me the awesome stuff now and lets have some fun!” the fun IS 1-80, that is the end game – if you rushed through and wasted that away all I can say is you missed out.

There seems to be a lot of people feeling that way around here – and if that is your thoughts as well, I feel like maybe you wasted your cash. That is FAR from what this game is about imo.

Levels mean nothing here other than restricting your movements on the world map.

The problem with you’r Skyrim analogy is that Skyrim’s combat was much more enjoyable, it’s world far more funner to explore and its story much much more engaging.

The only thing these game seems to be better in WoW at is PvP.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hieronumous.3541

The problem with you’r Skyrim analogy is that Skyrim’s combat was much more enjoyable, it’s world far more funner to explore and its story much much more engaging.

The only thing these game seems to be better in WoW at is PvP.

Wait, what?
Skyrim’s combat was not objectively better. Subjectively, you might have enjoyed it more, but that doesn’t make it so.
Also, I can’t be the only one who didn’t enjoy that story. Basically, because it was utter horsecrap. The game was fun for a few hours, sure, but it definitely wasn’t that story that kept me there.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

Oh, guys please take your opinions abotu wow, skyrim etc to whee it belongs. THis thread is about Guild Wars 2 end game.

Thanks.

What to do with lvl 80?

Sulmith Greysin.5124

There are games which are 20 years old which are still great. And it is irrelevant how long it takes you to level since 80. With level 80 at the current state of the game, you can just farm / do repetitive taks (this includes pvp).

ME: endless content will never happen

YOU: YOU’RE WRONG, 20 year old games are great

yeah, that’s just stupid.
anyway, if you spend half of your life for 3 weeks doing something, you are doing it too much. you sleep about 30% of your life. you work about 30% of your life. you’re cutting into sleeping or working so yeah, you’re burned out and there is no argument to be had, you overdid it and you are now crashing.

when a crack addict overdoes it, they die, it could be worse

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Look Anet will have new stuff coming once they get every one playing smoothly. If they do it any thing like GW2 the real tough end game stuff will come post launch.

Any one that played GW1 early on knows that Sorrows Furnace (the first ever guild wars dungeon) came out a month or two after launch.

If I were to guess I would say that in the next few months we will see new high level zones open up in the Far Shiver peaks to start moving us towards killing Jormag.

For now just work on getting all Exotic armor and Legendary weapons, that should take quite a while to work through.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

What to do with lvl 80?

Hieronumous.3541

Oh, guys please take your opinions abotu wow, skyrim etc to whee it belongs. THis thread is about Guild Wars 2 end game.

Thanks.

Which we’ve been over, ad nauseum.
Just because you don’t enjoy the endgame content (dungeons, exploration, PvP, alts, whatever) doesn’t mean it’s objectively not there.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Felix.3028

Felix.3028

So i farmed now almost 1 karma set in BG’s but the 2 maps and repetitive gameplay has become very old fast.

Due to bugged skillpoints im unable to proceed with map completion.
Because of a bug in the lvl 80 dungeon i cannot proceed here too.

I don’t like playing sPvP. I have 1 profession at 400 and most items are exotic. So what else is there to Guild Wars 2, except “farming” items with similar stats?

Become a WvW leader, become a trading magnate, run a guild. There’s more to MMO’s than just character development.

What to do with lvl 80?

Sulmith Greysin.5124

and when it finishes you will most likely unlock a vendor that is normally not there?

And then what? I can not buy anything which would be an upgrade. The itemization of this game is one big disappointment.

you want a gear treadmill, GO PLAY WOW

this game isn’t a gear treadmill, it will never be a gear treadmill and arenanet has been at this whole MMORPG thing longer than blizzard so they’re not gonna be forced by the wow addicts to change that.

gear treadmill in wow has been stuck for what, 9 months now? fun huh?

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Ideas to help you:
- Play with friends.
- If you don’t have friends, join a guild and make some friends.
- Think about the fact that GW2 is 50% about the PvP aspect.
- Play the game and don’t just grind the game…have fun, let lose, play an Asura.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

GO PLAY WOW

No. Been there done that, years ago – very boring very fast and on top of this Blizzard is a very greedy company i rather not support.

What to do with lvl 80?

NyghtProwler.9386

I’m talking exotic vendors, and what is your opinion of an upgrade? because stat wise you can find, craft or be rewarded all the same stat gear. It’s not about upgrading gear for better stats. It’s about finding gear that you think looks cool for you.

I bet you either don’t care about that or haven’t even seen close to half the skins out there. If that is the case – you might be right about not finding this game enjoyable.

The strongest gear in the game still doesn’t allow you to do any better in a lvl 30 dungeon.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Airien.4798

Airien.4798

“blow through it”? He played the entire game, and parts of it several times if he farmed an entire set of armor already.

That’s doing basically everything that is out there

It’s not that they want it to be like WoW, they just want more stuff to do.
Can’t really fault them on it either, there are several disgruntled customers who feel the same.

This game was not intended to be played in that manner. If one chooses to do so, great, that’s their own personal decision. But understand that your own decision, and many others who chose to play that way, is the root cause of your disappointment.

A little research would have gave you an idea of what to expect from this game. Sorry you chose not to invest the time to understand what you were getting into.

What to do with lvl 80?

Sulmith Greysin.5124

GO PLAY WOW

No. Been there done that, years ago – very boring very fast and on top of this Blizzard is a very greedy company i rather not support.

yet you want exactly what they sell
you might like it now, it’s been dumbed down considerably since “years ago” and the average player turns with his keyboard and clicks spells so it’s not an overly competitive environment

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

The strongest gear in the game still doesn’t allow you to do any better in a lvl 30 dungeon.

And this really really blows! Not even a 4th mod, no…

Sorry but legenderies are not legendery at all (except for the look, which is irrelevant)

What to do with lvl 80?

Stryker.9632

Why do half the people who respond to these forums just trash the OP?
It’s a game, a product he paid and supported like you, now he just wants some things cleared up.

What to do with lvl 80?

NyghtProwler.9386

And this really really blows! Not even a 4th mod, no…

Sorry but legenderies are not legendery at all (except for the look, which is irrelevant)

100% relevant That is where our opinions differ. It shows anyone looking at it that you did what it took to get it.

Why should stats outweigh the appearance of an item? Why is it important to do more damage than someone else in a game? I say you and I should do equal damage all day long and the better player succeeds.

Other games fail at this by awarding more time with more power. So while I might be a more skilled gamer – if someone can topple me with their DPS alone is that fair? Is that player more skilled?

That is a broken system if you ask me.

What to do with lvl 80?

Stryker.9632

That system isn’t broken as it has yielded mmo’s that have been bringing in a constant stream of subs for years. (you may just want something that’s different from the traditional mold like I do)
He just needs something to work for that nets a reward he wants.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

Why is it important to do more damage than someone else in a game? I say you and I should do equal damage all day long and the better player succeeds.

Other games fail at this by awarding more time with more power. So while I might be a more skilled gamer – if someone can topple me with their DPS alone is that fair? Is that player more skilled?

The truth is that because of karma bug, many people made a fortune in the first week and bought up all the good stuff before it got more expensive. So actually there are players in WvW now, which own groups of players.

Legenderies could be more powerful than exotics and i see no problem with your philosophy, since everyone could farm it.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

Don’t you get 5 character slots? Play a different toon…

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]

What to do with lvl 80?

Hypathia.1049

I leveled once and im happy with my char. and replaying again (humans, since i only liek to play a human ^^) has no appeal to me.

Maybe warrior but i dont liek to play 2 weeks again to get to where im now.

What to do with lvl 80?

Hieronumous.3541

I leveled once and im happy with my char. and replaying again (humans, since i only liek to play a human ^^) has no appeal to me.

So how’d you do on the dungeons?

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: DiBiddilyBop.1470

DiBiddilyBop.1470

Why is it important to do more damage than someone else in a game? I say you and I should do equal damage all day long and the better player succeeds.

The truth is that because of karma bug, many people made a fortune in the first week and bought up all the good stuff before it got more expensive. So actually there are players in WvW now, which own groups of players.

Legenderies could be more powerful than exotics and i see no problem with your philosophy, since everyone could farm it.

Legendaries are more powerful than exotics. Not much more powerful, but they are more powerful.

Secondly, Arenanet has literally said hundreds of times over the past couple years that gear will be irrelevant in this game. So any complaints regarding there being no gear to grind (or not caring about gear aesthetics) is pretty irrelevant at this point since they made it quite clear that if that’s what you want, this is not the game you’re looking for.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I’ve reached lvl 80 quite fast, in about a week or so, but I was not rushing, it just happened accidently (did a lot of dynamic events and almost entire story quest that was very interesting, thus accumulated a lot of XP). Now I started going to the zones I missed with my low lvl friends and exploring them. Also I look for and try to solve jumping puzzles & helping people at it, interacting with guild (thinking of making my own), going spvp, waiting in line for wvw, trying various builds of my necromancer and writing a guide on how I play it, etc. I don’t understand the opinion, that this game lacks end game – what is end game? Is it like in wow: few max dungeons that you farm, few arenas that you grind and wait for a week to flush, slowly getting gear with bigger numbers on it? Or is it something different – exploring the map which is always challanging since the lvl decrease, actually getting better at pvp not because of your wrathful gear bigger numbers, but because of the increase in your skill, creating a new character to see other possible ways personal story might have went, becoming a good trader, and just basically doing something that is fun for you? I would personally choose the second option, but that is just my opinion : )

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

Trust me, if you anticipate playing this game for awhile, you are going to want to level multiple characters. In GW1, certain classes were not used in certain high level areas. You don’t really want to pigeon hole yourself into using one character. Also, since weapons are bind on equip, you can always transfer things to alts to make your new leveling much easier.

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]