What to do with lvl 80?

What to do with lvl 80?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

If your goal in playing the game was to get to max level, then congratulations you reached it. In GW1 poeple reached max before the game started so I saw many players leave before they even started the game…The good news about the GW franchise is that you don’t pay a sub fee. Now that you reached your goal you are free to run off and play anything else you want. Better yet go outside and see if there is a world out there. You can then come back after a month or two when you are bored with something else and play more. That’s what I did with GW1 since the beginning.

You can also find a different goal for the game, like exploration, alts, whatever. Reading this I am extremely happy my highest is 38. I’d hate to be as bored as you are. There are benefits to being slow.

(edited by GrimShade.8091)

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Hypathia.1049

Hypathia.1049

So how’d you do on the dungeons?

As i mentioned above, i can not proceed in Arath because of a bug which prevents me from proceeding. And because of the scarce update infos given out in the patch notes i have no clue when this will be ever fixed or not. Besides this i really enjoy the dungeon designs in GW2. But after 1 or 2 times playing though it becomes repetitive.

The most fun so far with this game i have with the eternal bg puzzle and elsewhere!

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

There are 50+ puzzles in the game that there are achievements for. I doubt the OP has hunted down and completed all of them.

I doubt he has completed the three additional paths for each dungeon. I can buy a bug preventing progress on one, but not three.

I would wager he doesn’t have a legendary weapon, or prestige set of armor.

I would be surprised if his PvP rank was above deer. And extremely surprised if he is a commander or has even held a fort claimed by his guild in WvW.

Leveling 1 character to 80 means you have a character in one of THREE factions in the game. So you haven’t seen nearly a third of the story content.

Maxing out one crafting profession of the eight is dismal.

Congratulations. You hit 80, but in the scheme of things have actually accomplished very very little. But now that you don’t have to worry about leveling any more you can actually enjoy everything the game has to offer.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Hieronumous.3541

Hieronumous.3541

There are 50+ puzzles in the game that there are achievements for. I doubt the OP has hunted down and completed all of them.

I doubt he has completed the three additional paths for each dungeon. I can buy a bug preventing progress on one, but not three.

I would be surprised if his PvP rank was above deer. And extremely surprised if he is a commander or has even held a fort claimed by his guild in WvW.

Leveling 1 character to 80 means you have a character in one of THREE factions in the game. So you haven’t seen nearly a third of the story content.

Congratulations. You hit 80, but in the scheme of things have actually accomplished very very little. But now that you don’t have to worry about leveling any more you can actually enjoy everything the game has to offer.

Well. I mean, the OP said they did everything… And no player has ever been mistaken, right? We should just take him at his word. He’s literally done everything in the game.

\sarcasm.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

Well. I mean, the OP said they did everything… And no player has ever been mistaken, right? We should just take him at his word. He’s literally done everything in the game.

\sarcasm.

I will say, I don’t agree much with the sarcasm, however I agree with this point. The basic design of an MMO is grinding. If you are bored after doing elite dungeons a couple times, then MMO’s are probably not your type of game. The idea is to continue ‘grinding’ dungeons in order to get better loot, styles, money, other.

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Hypathia.1049

Hypathia.1049

I will say, I don’t agree much with the sarcasm, however I agree with this point. The basic design of an MMO is grinding. If you are bored after doing elite dungeons a couple times, then MMO’s are probably not your type of game. The idea is to continue ‘grinding’ dungeons in order to get better loot, styles, money, other.

Better loot… what better loot would this be? ( i do not count visual appearance to better)

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Let’s see… Right now I’m unemployed. I’ve also had problems sleeping (so I just take random naps). As you can probably guess, that means I have lots of free time so I’ve been playing Gw2 a lot since launch.

I’m only Lv 58. How can you be Lv 80 and have beaten the game? My guess is that you rushed through content. Did you explore every nook and cranny, checked behind that mountain and found that cave, did you stumble upon mini-dungeons throughout the world, did you help a player who seems to have trouble, and formed a new friendship?

My guess is you haven’t. So you haven’t really enjoyed the game. Make a new character, and this time, take your time, instead of rushing to the end and then complaining there’s nothing to do.

It’s like someone making you a feast fit for a King, you scarf it down in 2 minutes, then complain it was boring. Of-course it was boring, but that’s your fault, you didn’t take the time to taste it.

The basic design of an MMO is grinding.

The basic design of a bad MMO is grinding.
Fixed that for you

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Those of you saying there won’t be any end game content idk what to tell you.

This is a business. Arena Net is going to want to keep people using/playing their product. Of course they are going to develop end game content to continue to keep their product going and to continue to make revenue.

This game is a blast so far I’ve been playing 2 weeks now,!work full time school full time and married and I am just enjoying myself trying different toons and professions. If you spend 10+ hours a day playing a game of course you are going to get burnt out. Take a break or roll an alt. Arena Net will come out with new content. Right now they are making sure the game is stable with the large amount of people playing, and working on protecting customers.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Razamis.1062

Razamis.1062

There is not much at all to do at 80 if you are only interested in PvE. Unfortunately for the PvE players of this game (which I would imagine are the majority of players, just like in any MMO), Arenanet did not let you know how little there would be waiting at level cap.

Also, no matter how many alts you create, there are only three personal stories in this game. The durmand Piory, The order of Whispers, and the Vigil, and of course the minor first 20 levels of racial background story. There are not nearly the amount of differing stories that arenanet let on.

I was under the impression that you could make 10 alts and have different stories every time, but that is not the case, there are three main paths, for everyone. Disappointing.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Mactabilis.7980

Mactabilis.7980

There is not much at all to do at 80 if you are only interested in PvE. Unfortunately for the PvE players of this game (which I would imagine are the majority of players, just like in any MMO), Arenanet did not let you know how little there would be waiting at level cap.

Also, no matter how many alts you create, there are only three personal stories in this game. The durmand Piory, The order of Whispers, and the Vigil, and of course the minor first 20 levels of racial background story. There are not nearly the amount of differing stories that arenanet let on.

I was under the impression that you could make 10 alts and have different stories every time, but that is not the case, there are three main paths, for everyone. Disappointing.

I agree.

I was under the impression there were going to be end game dynamic events and zones that were abundant. I felt there was going to be a lot of things to do end game, at least a dungeon finder, but at this moment I am disappointed. If there are things to do, there needs to be a guide telling people that aren’t as adventurous, where all of the interesting events are.

No one wants to hit level 80 and then go to the level 40-50 areas looking for mundane events. At level 80 we need more events like the Shatterer or Ice dragon and more abundant 80 zones.

I guess we will just have to wait for them to implement more end game, which they should have already done.

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

Why do people even ask this question? This is a very PvP centered game. If you’re not into PvP why did you come here?

What to do with lvl 80?

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

endless content will never, ever, ever happen. it’s impossible. you want quantity over quality over quantity, but quantity in any form will never pay a studio’s bills

There are games which are 20 years old which are still great. And it is irrelevant how long it takes you to level since 80. With level 80 at the current state of the game, you can just farm / do repetitive taks (this includes pvp).

Like watching TV.
Eating.
Playing ANY game. Because you do nothing but hit buttons. Repetitive.