What to do with race gear?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

EDIT: Rare and exotic gear, I mean. Not race gear. Duh…

Rare and exotic, actually. But I have a few bits of gear I’ve updgraded, so what do I do with the old one? It’s soulbound, so I can’t sell it, and I can’t salvage it. Should I just destroy it?

(edited by BattleCat.2098)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, is it gear that has the racial skins transmuted onto it, or is it the actual racial gear? I ask because the cultural armor sells back to a vendor for a decent price (more than what you’d get by trying to forge or salvage or anything). That’s just the actual pieces of armor, though. If it’s just a different item with the skin, then yeah, there’s not much you can do with it, other than trying to forge it.

BattleCat.2098

Sorry, I meant rare gear. blush Didn’t notice the typo until now-

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I take it this is equipment you got from story and level up rewards?

Check whether you can put it into the Mystic Forge – the blue swirling pool near the bank in Lion’s Arch. You need 4 pieces (or 3 and a Mystic Forge Stone from the login rewards) and they’ll combine into one random item of the same rarity.

It might be something useful to you, or something you can sell, at the very least you’ll be able to salvage it. It’s better than just deleting them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

BattleCat.2098

I checked the Mystic Forge, and you’re right, I could combine some stuff into something new. Didn’t get anything good, but still, I have too many alts that can use it.

(edited by BattleCat.2098)