What to spend karma on?

What to spend karma on?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: jfraser.2045

jfraser.2045

I came back to GW after taking the summer off. With the new wallet, all my characters’ karma got dumped into a single pool and I’m hoping there are new and interesting things to spend it on. I already have all my characters in exotics, the only legendary I want, and still ended up with a ridiculous amount. Anyone have suggestions on what to spend karma on these days? Or is it still just Lost Orrian Jewelry boxes?

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Obsidian shards to make ascended or a legendary.

Ascended recipes cost 21000 for each insignia.

Karma gain has been seriously nerfed, so expect future gain to be slow.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: jfraser.2045

jfraser.2045

So, it’s just recipes and crafting mats (the shards)? thanks for the update! I want to make sure I don’t overlook anything that came out during my hiatus that would make karma really valuable again.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Lost Orrian Jewelry boxes are still great.
I had 1.1m karma a few days ago, after opening boxes, drinking the karma you get from them and repeating until I got 500k left, I opened about a stack of boxes.
I got 5g from the junk items, 53 obsidians, and 1 of each lodestone.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

don’t spend it if you don’t need to, jfraser. you never know what you’ll need it for one day, especially since you don’t get it as fast anymore. They will be releasing new legendaries eventually. Jewelry boxes aren’t worth it in my opinion unless you want a stack of mini risen priests of balthazar you can’t do anything with.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

they reduced the amount of karma you get from dailies, but you get a lot of it if you do fractals 10 levels under your fractal level.

irregardless i spend my karma on the armor the hearts sell after i finish em with my alts. i also use it to buy the various materials in bulk to make money with cooking.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: Liegence.5216

Liegence.5216

I struggle with this question myself. At this moment I think trying to convert karma to gold is just a bad deal and I am holding out for a better return in the future. Obsidian shards, exo’s if you need them., or any other crafting mats you need in the moment is what I spend karma on.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m holding on to mine right now, besides necessary purchase like obsidian shards for ascended gear. Like others said, they may come out with a real use for it later and it doesn’t flow in as fast as it used to.

What to spend karma on?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

With the reduced rate of karma gain these days, I would suggest:

1. Temple armor, but only if you like the skins

2. Obsidian Shards

3. Ascended recipes

If in doubt, go with Obsidian Shards. Prices for Lodestones have largely fallen due to Champ bags, so it’s not as profitable to open Orrian Boxes anymore.