What will happen to the exotics

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bigfoothunter.8092

Bigfoothunter.8092

So once this new update goes live, the exotics will all go out of date and everyone will be trying to get the new ascended gear. I just don’t like the idea of having to get rid of all my exotics because of an update. So will the only thing we could do with our soulbound exotics is salvage them?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Well you need to salvage exotics to get one of the materials for the ascended weapons anyway.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Bukkakka.9783

Bukkakka.9783

I hope they just make the ascended gear different looking and not better stats like the trinkets (exotic vs. ascended). If you think about it, it will only make the casual gamer’s (there are more casual gamer’s than hardcore gamer’s) not want to play anymore because they will never be able to keep up with the players who play every hour on the hour to get the new ascended gear. I’m not saying that Guild Wars 2 will lose players because of an update, but it definitely will discourage the casual gamer, that’s all.. I myself just spent a week getting my exotic gear transmuted to Tier 3 Armor which we all know cost a pretty penny. I simply can’t put my life on hold for the game which will most likely discourage me from playing. So again, I honestly hope they don’t make the stats way better or like the ascended trinkets, but more of a cosmetic feature.

Uther Deathhand.1570

I hope they just make the ascended gear different looking and not better stats like the trinkets (exotic vs. ascended). If you think about it, it will only make the casual gamer’s (there are more casual gamer’s than hardcore gamer’s) not want to play anymore because they will never be able to keep up with the players who play every hour on the hour to get the new ascended gear. I’m not saying that Guild Wars 2 will lose players because of an update, but it definitely will discourage the casual gamer, that’s all.. I myself just spent a week getting my exotic gear transmuted to Tier 3 Armor which we all know cost a pretty penny. I simply can’t put my life on hold for the game which will most likely discourage me from playing. So again, I honestly hope they don’t make the stats way better or like the ascended trinkets, but more of a cosmetic feature.

Guess you have not heard any information on ascended weapons……
They are getting stat increases same as trinkets.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

The difference in stats between ascended and exotic weapons is minuscule, pretty much 9 stat points or so. It’s hardly noticeable and you’ll do just fine with exotics, if not even better than a sucky player in Ascended- you’re not going to get locked out of content. It’s not a requirement, just a way to round out a character over time or something to do for those who like min/maxing. I myself ran difficult dungeons (Fractals 10+, Arah, CoE, TA) in rares/masterworks for the longest time and didn’t have any issues.

Also, the materials needed to craft Ascended items are acquired just by playing the game normally, unlike in other MMOs, where you had to dedicate every evening to raiding. If it’s not your thing, again, stay with exotics and it won’t matter.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Uther Deathhand.1570

The direct stat increase might not be that big, but the actual weapon damage is increased which will make a difference.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

The direct stat increase might not be that big, but the actual weapon damage is increased which will make a difference.

I’ve run many dungeons with lots of people, and to this day, I cannot tell what someone is wearing. Someone could be in all rares or even all masterworks, and as long as they’re playing well, I can’t tell the difference. Similarly, if someone’s playing terribly and dying a lot, it’s more than likely to be the fact that they’re a poor player- I can’t tell whether they’re a poor player in exotics or a poor player in masterworks, but it’s ultimately the same to me.

Also, when I upgraded my amulets to ascended, I couldn’t tell the difference there, either. Stuff still died at the same rate, and stuff that would kill me before still killed me if I didn’t dodge. I expect people to only care about Ascended and such in very-high-level fractals (where AR isn’t nearly as important as the ability to dodge agony-inducing attacks) or tightly organized min/max dungeon speed-blitzing oh-my-god-this-went-two-minutes-over-you-guys-suck groups, both of which are rather niche and neither of which a casual player would play anyway. In any case, you’re not getting left behind or locked out of the game by deciding to stick with exotics.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Uther Deathhand.1570

Falunel i agree with you that really you don’t need to get ascended. My post was more meaning to say that the damage increase of the weapon is more significant than the stats. As you said unless you are a min/maxer or a speed clearer than this update should not have a big affect on your playing.

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

It would be really silly of them to make exotics useless. I can’t imagine that ever happening in this game. My character is in full Exotic and from what i’m hearing the new gear’s weapons stats will be just a little higher. So i guess they will kill a little faster which is not the end of the world. I kill lvl 80 mobs pretty fast now. I don’t die alot either. I really think this new gear is to please those wow players that need to grind for and pose in LA with there new gear. For me when this game gets like wow with gear grinding is when its time to quit for me.