Whats up with event bosses?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Goggz.8204

Goggz.8204

I’m fairly new to the game and was leveling my Warrior in Queensdale last night when I noticed something odd. Every time I came across an event with a boss there was a massive group of people killing it, and yet during any other dynamic event like collecting apples or protecting a farm, I was usually the only one there.

I asked about it and one person called me a noob while another said something about uniques, I assume there’s a good reason everyone wanted to kill these bosses so could someone fill me in? To be specific the bosses I saw a ton of people at was a thief dude in a cave, a big ol boar, and a giant wasp or bee I think.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I’ve sent you a mail in-game from my character of the same name. Not sure if you can respond yet to it due to anti-spam, but hopefully it cleared things up. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me.

(Thinking back, I probably should have just posted the explanation here, but ah well.)

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Goggz.8204

Goggz.8204

Thanks for the response Falunel, I sent a reply in-game with a couple additional questions, hopefully it’ll get to you.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

For the the less than 1% who still dont know what this is about; boss zerg train

Alot of players farming bosses in starter zones, for the rewards the boss gives.
Why in starter zones ?! Bosses there are faster to kill.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Why in starter zones ?! Bosses there are faster to kill.

Only if they are not Event-Bosses since Event-Bosses scale but “normal” Champs not. So a lvl80 Champ in Frostgorge is mostly quicker down than the Troll in Queensdale.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The level 80 zerg train running through Queensdale needs to remember they are in a starter zone with new players around and quit harassing others so much. The trash talk and name calling to other players that ‘inteferes’ with their champ train is disheartening.

Be polite and courteous to others, especially in a starter zone.

Frostgorge is a much better champ farm and nothing but level 80s there.