When does gold start appearing in the game?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ColdCarnage.8273

ColdCarnage.8273

I only need at least 3 gold, 1 gold to get the Master training manual and 2 to get the grandmaster manual and an extra just to have in case of repairs. I’m level 40 so i still have another 40 levels to go through I haven’t received a lot of silver but its not that hard to get. Besides receiving it what is a good way to farm it? I know dungeons give gold but its fairly long to go through them. People have started to advertise gold but you have to give real money to get it which is not worth it at all.

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

An easy way to get gold is to sell the loot you get to vendors. As a general rule, I sell all weapons and heavy armor right off the bat. This is because weapons and heavy armor will only give you materials you can get from nodes. Then I salvage whites and blues of medium and light armor to get leather and cloth, which is hard to get otherwise. If you’re short on cash, sell the blues too. Sell masterwork items as well because generally the rune that is on them is worth less than the merchant price (with the notable exception of runes of divinity I think).

The only exception to this rule is rare (yellow) level 70+ items, which I salvage to get globs of ectoplasm. They sell for a lot and are used to make legendary weapons so salvaging them is a good bet.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Playing lots of PvE my characters have tended to get their first gold piece (100 silvers) around level 30.

Don’t buy gold from people who advertise it. If you want a shortcut through real money, buy gems through the Black Lion Company (cash shop) and trades them for gold. GW2 gives you a nice, legit way to do that.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

You keep your money by not dying and not fast traveling too much.

As a level 80, I try to run around as much as possible to avoid the fees.

Posted by: Ashlar.2519

Ashlar.2519

When getting weapon or armor drops, I seperate out the better quality items from the rest. I salvage any white armor that will turn into cloth or leather, vendor the rest. Anything that is blue or above, if I am not going to use, I offer to guildmates. Any exceptional pieces will go to guild bank if not taken right away, since we are an international guild and not everyone is on at the same time. The rest gets posted on the Trading Post (if the profit is worth it), elsewise will get vendored.

I try not to use waypoints as much as possible, preferring to run between points, especially if it is a short distance. This allows me to gather metal, wood and plant nodes along the way. Any extra metal or wood that is gathered and will not fit into the bank because the slot is full gets sold at the Trading Post.

I haven’t had any problems with slowly building cash on my characters with this method.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Level 40+

Chain run CM storymode and don’t die a lot. You will make quite a bit.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I just turned level 40 after doing a lot of exploring, in the races home cities and lower level map areas. I have done Human, Norn, and currently in Char lands (half way through Diessa Plateau). I had over 2 gold left after buying the level 40 manual. Money has never been a problem for me, and I just found out there is money attached to all those letters you get after completing the heats in a map area!

My strategy so far has been:
1- salvage anything worth under 20, and vendor everything else over that, including the stuff I crafted. (I do leatherworking & weaponsmithing)
2- harvest every node I come across
3- sell excess crafted stuff on the trading post (I just sold 34 bronze ingots for over 10 silver)
4- minimise waypoint travel by running overland, this way you find more harvest nodes and encounters.

Hope this helps…

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

I haven’t had any problem with coin. What I’ve done is fairly similar to some of the others with a few exceptions. I run around and explore all areas. I don’t use waypoints unless I’m down to like the last POI of a zone and find it on the other side, by then I just want to finish :p

I gather every resource I come across. When going through my inventory, I salvage all white items. I don’t belong to a guild so check the TP for value of all the blue and above items. If they have no value, the blues I vendor, the masterwork and above, I check to see if there are any runes on it I want, if not, I vendor them as well.

Also, and this comes from comparing my char’s coin with my husband who plays similar (with some difference) is that avoid doing any crafting right now that is going to cost you any significant coin sink. He’s skilling up his crafters more than I am. I only skill up when I have plenty of mats and can get crafting done with very minimal purchasing. Armor/Weapons/Accessories are very cheap on the TP for the most part and what is outrageous I figure I don’t need at the moment.

Doing this, after getting the manuals at appropriate levels, I still had several gold left over and I’ve never got any from the TP, just from my adventures

Enjoy your travels through the world

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Lev 57 and back up to 70s – Been Selling all the Loot that drops, Apart from any that are above the Npc vendor price that goes onto the TP, (the last two Levs have been www, so got a good 15 silver thier,

need to get the 31/50 kills for the monthly -good drops off of the mobs thier while im at it, for £, also trying Not to Portal, as it almost 2s per jump.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

Its actually a plus that people only portal when they truely need it. The world is more alive with people that way. Imagine how abandoned it would seem if everyone just gated everywhere.