When will Halloween leave?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

Q:

Was wondering how much time i have left to farm, but couldn’t find a date anywhere..

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They haven’t given a date. What we know is that it will be a Tuesday, as are all scheduled patches to the game.

I’m predicting 8 November, while plenty of folks are predicting 1 Nov (this Tuesday).

• Three of four past GW2 Halloweens lasted approximately less than 3 weeks, that suggests 1 November.
  • Several Halloween-themed items in the Gem Shop are set to leave on Tuesday, also suggesting 1 November.
  • In GW1 & GW2, ANet has shown a reluctance to end any festival as soon as the day after its RL equivalent, which makes 8 November more likely.
  • Other Gem Shop items are not yet set to expire, making 8 November more likely.
  • A Redditor claimed to have spoken to Gaile Gray and quoted her (GG) as saying the event would definitely not end on the 1st. However, there was no screenshot.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been assuming it will end on the first. However that’s based on working out how much farming I need to do for the rewards I want (in particular the mini raven) so I was going for the earliest likely date because I didn’t want to assume it’d be later and find it had ended before I had a chance to get things I wanted.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve been assuming it will end on the first. However that’s based on working out how much farming I need to do for the rewards I want (in particular the mini raven) so I was going for the earliest likely date because I didn’t want to assume it’d be later and find it had ended before I had a chance to get things I wanted.

A wise policy. Act first and afterward ask for forgiveness (of your toons that you neglected to max your achievements by an arbitrary deadline).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”