Where are traits discussed?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Q:

I play an Ele but I’m sure this is true for all classes. About half of the skills are incredibly vague. Off of the top of my head I can think of a 10 pt water perk that grants extra damage when over 90% health. How much extra damage? In the arcane line there is the dagger trait that give increases to move speed. Does it matter what hand the dagger is in? Does it stack when dual wielding? And the last one off the top of my head is every trait that grants a chance to cause a condition on critical hits. How long does it last?

On a similar note, but maybe not as serious, what does blasting staff do? Is it only for damaging attacks or does it also increase heal radii? This one is probably easily tested but I’m no good at such things so if anyone has an answer I would appreciate it.

As I said, I’m sure eles aren’t the only ones with this problem. I have a friend who has admitted that the warrior has a few too.

Until these get fixed does anyone know of a place where these are actively discussed? Preferably one that started after release due to frequent changes prior to release.

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

Yes, I also would prefer to have more detailed descriptions about some traits. Also I would like to know what crit chance my illusions have to make an informed decision if Fantasmal Fury is needed for the Mesmer build I have in mind or if my illusions have the same crit chance as my character has.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

Posted by: Malachi.8691

Malachi.8691

We could be looking at a “Show advanced traits” option in the near future. Kinda like the way Diablo 3 does it. But yea I learned an ability as a Ranger and it said “Active: your pet does bonus damage on its next attack.” But it also happened to give me a 15% movespeed buff, which is nice but I’d LOVE to know that before hand. Also, it didn’t say that the buff was taken away when the ability is on cooldown…

DaedalusDragon.3754

We could be looking at a “Show advanced traits” option in the near future. Kinda like the way Diablo 3 does it. But yea I learned an ability as a Ranger and it said “Active: your pet does bonus damage on its next attack.” But it also happened to give me a 15% movespeed buff, which is nice but I’d LOVE to know that before hand. Also, it didn’t say that the buff was taken away when the ability is on cooldown…

Actually, it is understood that skills like that (signets) only have an active passive buff when you do not use the active skill. Say you use it to give your pet bonus damage (also a vague description…), if you do that then you stop getting the movement speed buff until it goes off of cooldown.

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

This is pretty frustrating for theory-crafters. As a mesmer, I have a trait that when I shatter clones, I am healed. But it doesn’t say by how much. There are a LOT of traits/abilities that suffer from lack of specific information.

I didn’t even know what confuse did in the game until I looked it up on the wiki.

Posted by: manwhat.1745

manwhat.1745

Yeah, as a ranger, for example, there’s a trait that reads ‘chance to cause bleeding on critical hits’. What’s the chance? How much bleeding, one stack? How long does the bleed last?

Makes it really hard to determine if a trait is worth it.

DaedalusDragon.3754

I hope Anet sees this, though I’m sure they are already aware. I’m not a theory crafter type and I’m still having problems so there’s no doubt that other casual players are having problems too.

Posted by: Swordfish.5241

Swordfish.5241

Keep in mind that as soon as these numbers are introduced, the game will probably go into the OMGTHEORYCRAFT mode.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

Eh, people will theorycraft, anyway. This way, they just have to spend extra time figuring things out on their own.
Meanwhile, those of us who just want to know whether to take 10 point trait number I or 10 point trait number XI would really enjoy clearer descriptions.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

Necro have one that spawns a well of blood when they revive a person. Doesn’t say how often this happens

DaedalusDragon.3754

I don’t care about people theorycrafting. They should NEVER combat some “OMGTHEORYCRAFT mode” by making it impossible to know what any trait does for the not “OMGTHEORYCRAFT mode” people.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Yes, there are quite a number of Ele traits with very vague descriptions, would really like to see these cleared up.