Where do exotics drop?

Where do exotics drop?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Do exotics only drop from dungeon chests/dungeon mobs? Event chests besides dragon events?

Do exotics drop from open world normal level 80 mobs? Because i have never gotten a exotic drop from a normal open world mob, nor dragon event chest.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

Personally I have only gotten exotic drops from dungeons. I’ve heard they can drop from the chests after the dragon fights and such, but have yet to see it. Off open world mobs all I have ever seen was a rare every now and then.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Exotics CAN drop from open world enemies, but the chance is astronomically small.
You will also receive 2 exotic items for zone completion in high-level zones.

These are all generated randomly, though, and may not even be level 80.

A more reliable way to acquire them is through the Orr temple karma vendors, dungeon karma vendors in LA, through mastering a craft and creating them yourself, or through transmuting items into Mystic weapons in the Mystic Forge.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

They do drop from open world mobs, but since launch I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten a grand total of two to drop that way. Of course I don’t use magic find gear either….

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Got Tahlkora’s Mask from the Shatterer a day or two ago. When doing map completion with some friends a frequent topic that comes up is “the champion we just killed dropped nothing but this Risen Chicken just dropped an exotic”.

Exotics can come from anywhere and any zone(this was not always true) but you’ll get higher chances in higher level zones. Chests will have relatively higher chances of giving an exotic IF you have 0% Magic Find.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Recently, a long-running bug has been identified that put the threshold for receiving credit for killing champions (and veterans) as part of events too high. Especially champions have a better chance at dropping high-quality items, but if the game does not give you credit for the kill, you also won’t receive the loot.

The good news is that this will be fixed in next week’s update.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Been waiting for higher quality drops also, like above waiting for the update.
There will likey be a new map called ‘Blue Moon’ with a waypoint call ‘Once Inna’

@ Khisanth—is that true? I should get rid of all my magic find to increase my chances?

(edited by Blude.6812)

Where do exotics drop?

Khisanth.2948

Been waiting for higher quality drops also, like above waiting for the update.
There will likey be a new map called ‘Blue Moon’ with a waypoint call ‘Once Inna’

@ Khisanth—is that true? I should get rid of all my magic find to increase my chances?

That is not what I meant. Basically you can think of chest as having some sort of inherent +MF. If you have no +MF then your chances are relatively better when opening a chest but if you DO have +MF then your own +MF might be better than the chest’s inherent +MF.

For example if a chest has the equivalent of +10% MF but you ate an Omnomberry Bar then killing stuff would have a better chance of giving you an exotic but if you didn’t eat the Omnomberry Bar the chest would have a better chance.

The key is that it is all relative.

Where do exotics drop?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Chests generally have better loot tables to begin with. MF gear doesn’t effect chests negatively or positively.

But yes, you can get exotics off of open world drops. I wouldn’t count on it or hold my breath, but it does happen.

A guy had a Twin Sister sword drop off of a mob in Orr the other night. I’ve had a few drops, but that is over a long span of time.

As far as dragon chests, I know very, very few people who have ever gotten an exotic out of those chests. It is rare enough to get a rare item out of them. That said, I did get an exotic ONCE from the Shatterer’s chest. I’ve done thousands of dragons, and that was the only exotic from their chests.

Where do exotics drop?

Khisanth.2948

Hmm I would have to disagree on the rares. I don’t do them often(around once per week, sometimes less) but their drop rate for rares seems higher than killing random things. I’ve mostly only done Tequatl and Claw of Jormag( just have characters around those places more often).