Where is the Quiver??

Where is the Quiver??

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

Q:

Hey everyone.

I am playing as a Ranger and as everyone noticed they are good at using the bow. Altough there is a problem. Where is the Quiver? Did they not implement it into the game? Because when your char uses the bow he does make a move like he is grabbing for an arrow altough there is no Quiver.
It seems to me that Bow – users are one of the most powerfull magicians since they can shoot with non-existing arrows and can make those arrows magically appear.
I really want to have a Quiver just like many other Bow – users. Is it coming in the near future?

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Celeene.6031

Celeene.6031

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. It’s very strange for me as well :/

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

After many times playing with my Ranger is starting to annoy me a lot!

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Pixelmancer.5102

Pixelmancer.5102

Most games don’t have quivers unfortunately. I wish more would have them though. It bothers me seeing a character pulling arrows out of their back.

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: voxmmo.3859

voxmmo.3859

I wouldn’t mind the graphical representation of a quiver, but I’m perfectly fine with not having to actually replenish and equip arrows. I’m glad game devs finally realized that having to refill ammo was a “real-life emulation” that was just tedious and not fun. Warriors don’t need to replenish swords, mages don’t need to refill their fireballs, etc. so why should the ranged bow classes have to deal with it?

Aim To Misbehave | Casual PvX guild on Darkhaven | Now recruiting!
atmguild.com

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I thought they were considering it. I hope they still are, because it looks weird pulling arrows from nowhere.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Its magic arrows

Like it was in Guild Wars 1

I would strange if they added a Quiver

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Lux.9135

Lux.9135

I don’t mind that there is no quiver, when I’m in the middle of PvE, that’s the last thing that I’m looking at.

On a graphical side, games that I have played that include the quiver experience issues such as the arrow cutting into the quiver when your character pulls it out. That annoys me more than the no quiver issue.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
IGN: Luxit

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Most games don’t have quivers unfortunately. I wish more would have them though. It bothers me seeing a character pulling arrows out of their back.

I’ve played a lot of games, but I haven’t seen many that don’t feature a quiver for characters that use bows.

Would definitely be nice to see a quiver for bow users in GW2, and if they weren’t included because of clipping, well there are many, many pieces of armor and weapons that clip in this game – So there’s no excuse.

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Vertix.5693

Vertix.5693

Oh my lord.. I never…

CONSPIRACY! (against quivers)

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

In answer to the OP: We are NOT shooting arrows, we are shooting HAIRPINS. That’s right! Watch your toon, as they reach into their hair and pull out the hairpin, firing it rapidly at the enemy.

It’s a new perspective on bows, you see. Long gone are the days when scraggly, unkempt warriors and archers fired long and bulky arrows at their enemy. These days, our much more fashion savvy Rangers launch their stylish hairpins at enemies with ease and determination.

It’s not about feeling strong, it’s about feeling PRETTY!

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: DjJazzman.4031

DjJazzman.4031

This is why I put my faith in rockets and flamethrowers. Atleast I can see the alchemic flask and the flamethrower fuel pack on my back.

Leyologist Tibbol, [I]Arcane Leyline Expert and Synergetics Graduate[/I] Tarnished Coast

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I don’t have an issue with a lack of quivers the same way I don’t have an issue with the lack of any loading animation for guns. It’s like not worrying about how your character can carry a full suit of platemail and 10 greatswords in their backpack and still run around and jump

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I don’t have an issue with a lack of quivers the same way I don’t have an issue with the lack of any loading animation for guns. It’s like not worrying about how your character can carry a full suit of platemail and 10 greatswords in their backpack and still run around and jump

This is part of why I wanted to play the Engineer. He actually HAS a backpack… with lots of little bags on it too.

For the first time, it actually looks like I can carry all the crap I’m carrying.

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

I don’t mind that there is no quiver, when I’m in the middle of PvE, that’s the last thing that I’m looking at.

On a graphical side, games that I have played that include the quiver experience issues such as the arrow cutting into the quiver when your character pulls it out. That annoys me more than the no quiver issue.

Same here.

The thought of “Hey! No quiver!” did come to mind but I’m okay with that. I guess it’s okay to have one there for cosmetic purposes but I don’t need to see my ranger reach behind her over and over when she does rapid fire or barrage (and I don’t want my whole skill set to change just to accommodate the extra time arrow retrieval would require).

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

In answer to the OP: We are NOT shooting arrows, we are shooting HAIRPINS. That’s right! Watch your toon, as they reach into their hair and pull out the hairpin, firing it rapidly at the enemy.

It’s a new perspective on bows, you see. Long gone are the days when scraggly, unkempt warriors and archers fired long and bulky arrows at their enemy. These days, our much more fashion savvy Rangers launch their stylish hairpins at enemies with ease and determination.

It’s not about feeling strong, it’s about feeling PRETTY!

What about bald Bow – users? :o

If bugging quivers bothers you they should implement the `hide` function like they did with the helmets and Shoulders!

I atleast want the choice to show the quiver!

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

The engineer has a back pack, and there is a back slot, so I see absolutely no reason why there shouldn’t or can’t be a quiver

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

Exactly. If people dont care about it, fine, but I atleast want the option to be able to have one and can be seen by you and everyone around you.
A Quiver could also be a nice extra customisable part of your gear!

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Balkito.8160

Balkito.8160

I’m more concerned about what kind of lubricant the Charr have that can fit 200 rockets into a Charrzooka…

#RookstarWasRobbed

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

I honestly don’t care about a quiver. I actually would be more annoyed as I have tried to pull a three foot arrow out of a quiver on my back with my two foot long arm. I need to grab the arrow a foot down the shaft and then pull until my arm was strait up to get the arrow free of the quiver.

that’s where your quiver should be… – http://fandangogroovers.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/robin-hood.jpg

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Fartbake.4508

Fartbake.4508

lol, I said the same thing in the ‘cant revive pets’ post.

its annoying that most games cant seem to be bothered doing it. I THINK its mianly because its just annoying to be able to have a suitable quiver position for all the variant model sizes and clipping issues with the various armors….

honestly I wouldnt care if it clipped a bit. its still better than ‘magic arrows’ (or hair pins that I saw in another post lol)

+1 for quivers!

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

lol, I said the same thing in the ‘cant revive pets’ post.

its annoying that most games cant seem to be bothered doing it. I THINK its mianly because its just annoying to be able to have a suitable quiver position for all the variant model sizes and clipping issues with the various armors….

honestly I wouldnt care if it clipped a bit. its still better than ‘magic arrows’ (or hair pins that I saw in another post lol)

+1 for quivers!

If it is clipping and you think that it is bothering you a lot, you should just be able to hide it so you cant see it anymore. Problem solved. But atleast give us the option to do so!

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: ZOMGie.5974

ZOMGie.5974

A quiver could actually make a very interesting gameplay mechanic, as well. Have it be an offhand “weapon” or put in the cloak slot.

A quiver would have +attack speed with bows and could also have other attributes that would only apply when you’re using a bow. Having one equipped, however, would reduce the number of available slots for bags or have some other negative aspect as something of a tradeoff.

Possible positive attributes:

• + attack speed with bows
  • + precision
  • + condition damage
  • + bleed time
  • Add conditions to bows

Possible drawbacks:

• Lose an available bag slot while equipped
  • - non-bow attack speed
  • increased damage from fire attacks/burning
  • increased duration of burning (on you)

Just some quick ideas, but I think it could definitely be interesting without making arrows something you have to buy.

You’re not a real Ranger until you find and charm a Juvenile Megazord

(edited by ZOMGie.5974)

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: JFetch.8932

JFetch.8932

As a Warrior that uses a bow for range, it would be strange to see a quiver full of flaming arrows slung over my back.

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Airien.4798

Airien.4798

If they implement quivers then they should also implement arrows that stack in low amounts and take up inventory space.

I mean, if many of you are saying it is odd and seemingly breaks immersion, then why not be as realistic as they can right?

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

If they implement quivers then they should also implement arrows that stack in low amounts and take up inventory space.

I mean, if many of you are saying it is odd and seemingly breaks immersion, then why not be as realistic as they can right?

I prefer that the Quiver would be the same as the backpack the Engineers have.
You dont have to add grenades, turrets and bombs but it does give the visual appearance and it shows where all their tools are coming from. The Bow-users are already making the grabbing movement for arrows but the visual source of the arrows is lacking. So adding that quiver is giving the Bow-users the same the Engineers have and give the profession a bit more an immersive feeling.
It just looks really silly as a bow-user to have just a bow and no quiver.

http://viphealthyleadership.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/quiver_lrg-11.jpg

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

Spine arrows!?

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Shirkwit.7396

Shirkwit.7396

You say quivers, i raise you a scabbard!
“Hey look, i’m a warrior with a giant sword glued to my back.”
Same issue as i see it – though scabbards would make the weapon drawing animation a bit difficult to pull off, it seems just as necessary to me as a quiver.

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

My black powder pistols drop shell casings when shooting 4 round per second.

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

You say quivers, i raise you a scabbard!
“Hey look, i’m a warrior with a giant sword glued to my back.”
Same issue as i see it – though scabbards would make the weapon drawing animation a bit difficult to pull off, it seems just as necessary to me as a quiver.

You are right about that. I would really like to see that aswell!
I mean it was ok when WoW came out in 2004. Graphics and design was less and you could glue the equipment on their backs, but we are 8 years further now! We should be expecting stuff like that. Those little things that make the world you are playing in more immersive and more enjoyable (for some people atleast :p).

Also I would like to see that you also got your second weapon set equiped on you when you are not using it. That, for example, you got your bow and quiver on your back and your sword and horn at your waist. And if some weapons overlap (2h sword and bow and quiver) you should see the one you are using at that moment.
But I doubt we will be seeing that soon, altough how hard is that to accomplish?

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Gives a whole new meaning for “pulling things out of your a…” doesn’t it?

One – Piken Square

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Cytheria.2867

Cytheria.2867

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

That just hurts my eyes..

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Cytheria.2867

Cytheria.2867

That just hurts my eyes..

I’m sure the dungeon master forgives you

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

People mind about arrows that migically appear, but ignore Huge fireballs comming out of the air and people that become invisible? Im a bit confused about this…

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Ouspensky.5248

Ouspensky.5248

I’m assuming they will add items for the back slot that include quivers (much like how engineers get that backpack).

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

People mind about arrows that migically appear, but ignore Huge fireballs comming out of the air and people that become invisible? Im a bit confused about this…

Because that is supposed to happen and that includes magic of course. But the arrows which you use with a bow dont magically appear, they come from a source and that source is your quiver!

Where is the Quiver??

ReinoudM.5931

I’m assuming they will add items for the back slot that include quivers (much like how engineers get that backpack).

I hope it comes soon. The Quiver would make the medium gear in the game a bit less crap (soo much Pirate Gear!)

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

No to quivers please. As an aesthetic feature, that’s fine with me. But as a requirement for rangers, no please.

Other games even ended up removing it in their later patches.

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge

Where is the Quiver??

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

-Taken from Q&A with Lead Designer Isaiah Cartwright
“We do have some more back items this update. You will be able to find a quiver, we know we only shipped with a few back items and we do plan to add more.”

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood