Where to get Linen now?

Where to get Linen now?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I use to get a nice mix of Silk & Linen from salvage/lot bags but, now I just silk, places I use to go just don’t work anymore. The Wiki and all of the farming guides are now outdated/useless. So where are the best places (post HoT) to get linen?

Some one told me you now need level 40 character to get linen, true?
All of my characters are level 80.

Where to get Linen now?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Harathi meta doesn’t work anymore? Same goes for converting karma to linen?

Where to get Linen now?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Look for humanoid mobs that drop material bags and salvage items in areas roughly between lvl 40-60, like dredge (Dregdehaunt & Timberline), grawl (Timberline), flame legion (Iron Marches), centaurs (Harathi), nightmare court (Sparkfly Fen). Those should drop t4 materials, including rugged leather, and linen. The explorable paths of Twilight Arbor (lvl 55) and Sorrow’s Embrace (lvl 65) are another place where you get a good amount of material bags of the appropriate level range.

Where to get Linen now?

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Last night I did the Harathi events and out of 68 supply bags and salvage of 38 pieces of armor I got 4 linen scraps, 19 silk and 8 gossamer. I just don’t seem to get linen anymore.

Like I said, I’m getting little or no linen just silk from the normal places like Dregdehaunt, Timberline, etc.

The Wiki no linger lists the lvl 40-60 area, only scrap level 44-63 for light armor.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Linen_Scrap#Acquisition

Is high level magic find effect getting silk and not linen??

Do you now need a level 40 character to get linen now?

Where to get Linen now?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Supply Bags contain cotton, not linen. From “only” 68, I’d expect to get ~22 cotton scraps.
  • Gear that drops from killed foes is going to be >80% the same level of your character, so of 38 items, I’d expect eight or fewer; not a very good chance of getting L4x light armor to salvage.

In this game, the most economic efficient method of accumulating linen in bulk is to do whatever you like and put in custom buy offers on the TP. For example, gathering platinum is fast & easy and trivial to convert to gold via custom sell offers. Most weeks, at least one map offers excellent bonus rewards for completing events, again easily converted into coin.

If you insist on getting your own linen, the most efficient alternatives are:

• Opening champion bags on an L44-L63 character (L51-53 typically having the best linen drop rate).
  • Farming on a character of that level.
  • Farming the containers listed on the wiki
  • Using karma to buy cloth Crab Grabbin’ Gloves from Bram Dawnrazer, in Bloodtide Coast; combining four using a Mystic Forge Conduit; and salvaging with the copper-fed infinite kit (you can buy kits and use the LA forge, but that wouldn’t be very efficient).

This game’s economy is designed to encourage people to use the TP to convert stuff they don’t need to stuff they do. The only reason to “farm your own” is philosophical (or RP) — those are both good reasons for some folks. I generally urge others to retrain themselves from other RPGs/MMOs, so they can spend more time on the aspects of the game they like.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”