Where to get started? - Legendary Weapons

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

So, I am now working towards my Legendary – Twilight, I have started by completing the map, but that is a normal thing to do, now once I get done with the map, where do I get started? I have 16 Gold(Saving up since the start) Green lvl 80 Gear.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Start by trying to gather the most rare ingredient needed for your legendary. (Or farm for the gold needed to buy the ingredient). Then ask yourself if its going to be fun doing that everyday.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Outfit yourself in rares (accessories can stay masterworks) to make gathering easier on yourself. Functionality > appearances.

After you’ve done that, start running Twilight Arbor explorable. A lot. And pray each time for onyx core drops. At the very least, you’ll get a good amount of gold (as long as you don’t die too often) and tokens to buy exotic greatswords with for MF’ing.

Meanwhile, drop in at Jormag whenever it pops or open the small chests around Orr for a chance at a precursor. Yes, your chances are slimmer than a starved jackalope, but given that the alternatives are throwing rares/exotics into the MF or saving up 400+ gold, you might as well try.

Finally, remember to take breaks if you find yourself frustrated or dejected. A legendary is only a sparkly skin, in the end.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

a lot of people aren’t happy with how legendaries are made right now, but i do enjoy it in the fact that as long as you aren’t in a hurry, anything and everything you do can more or less contribute to it some way, albeit in some very small ways.

so keep enjoying the game and don’t get burnt out or stressed by limiting yourself on time.

• do WvW for karma and badges (including JPs)
  • go run events in the end-game high level zones for chance at drops and mine the T6 mats while hoping for drops for the others
  • do your dailies and monthlies and save up the jugs, drops and use them with karma boosters, as well as saving up your mystic coincs
  • do your dungeons that you need for the gift, do others for change in flavor and hope for good drops, lodestones or cash
  • in terms of karma, i’d go for the mystic clovers first (and try to do them all in one go) and once you get the 77, you’ll know exactly how many you need left for gift of mastery (same goes for skillpoints, but not as big an issue i feel)
  • then with the “failed attempts” at the clovers giving you T6 mats, you can get the rest / farm later (i also put in buy orders in small batches when the prices reach a reasonable level in my own terms)
  • level up the crafts you need while saving up and mining everything that you need for Twilight
  • save up as much gold as you can and buy the icey runestones whenever you finish jormag, but don’t spend all your gold! slowly amass them.
  • get a buddy or two to do these things with you! and maybe you can all be working towards a legendary as well – do dungeons together, and help each other in terms of lodestones, cores, etc. goign in WvW with some friends is always nice and not having to solo roam, farming in Orr or other zones it’s also better in a group : ))

and most importantly, good luck and have fun! let the legendary be an goal but not the end-all, be-all of your gw2 experience.

[added: the bit with finding friends to do this with : )))]

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

Thanks everybody, I have started with WvWvW, because my guildies are now doing alot of runs there. Then I will progress with time.
What do you recommend me in terms of Mystic Clovers, Recipe for 10, or the Recipe for 1.

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Recipe for 1. In theory they both have a 33% chance… but just in theory… I spent more than 290 ectos/obsis/coins to get the 77 clovers. And remember that the recipe has a chance to drop ectos, obsis and mystic coins.

By doing WvWvW you will probably get all the karma and skill points you need, and badges as well.

Also, aim for the gift of metal, and as soon as you can complete it, start crafting rare axes so you can get more ectos.

Eventually you will get stuck with onyx lodestones and the precursor. For the precursor I’m waiting for the scavenger hunt. For the lodestones, I’m reciting some mantras every day, and the next logical step is to sell my soul… I got 9 lodestones in 4 months… so probably I’ll get the other 91 in 3 or 4 years.

Good luck!