Which Item is Better to Buy? (X-Fed-Salvage)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ZeroGrav.7109

ZeroGrav.7109

Hi all, first post (as far as I know) and I couldn’t really seem to find an answer to my specific question xD
So I recently came back to find that I have a lot of gems! Totally forgot I bought a bunch. With 1k left, I am torn between buying a Copper-fed salvage-o-matic, and a Silver-fed.
Which Item is better to get? I know silver is good for tearing stuff apart for a higher chance, but is it worth waiting until who know how long for it? Or should I just buy the copper one and deal with it? I also know silver fed is 60 copper per use, while copper fed is 3-ish(right?).
Please help me out
Thank you!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Copper-fed is the better of the two IMO, simply because you get a lot more use out of it. Even in event chains where you get lots of rares, you’re still getting many times more salvage items, blue and greens (and you definitely don’t want to waste the Silver-Fed on blues and greens). So you get a lot more convenience and use out of the Copper-Fed simply because you use it so much more frequently and in greater quantities.

Plus, Mystic Salvage Kits are a very realistic alternative to the Silver-Fed. 250 uses goes a pretty long way unless you’re one of those who just does nothing but high Rare yield stuff (like AB Multimap). Whereas there’s really no viable alternative for basic Salvage Kits. You either have the Copper-Fed or you’re stuck filling your inventory with 25-use kits.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Copper-fed all the way. Silver fed is just too expensive per use as well as the cost to buy it.

Posted by: ZeroGrav.7109

ZeroGrav.7109

Thank you for the replies! I appreciate the help c:

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes copper-fed. With the new(ish) right click "salavage all <fine/masterwork> or below> option, converting those 2 blues and a green into mats you can send to collections quick and easy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The issue with the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic is that in most cases, using anything higher than a Basic kit is wasting good coppers. Another thing is that the higher likelihood of getting Sigils means that if you have an inventory full of Masterwork stuff, you’re not gonna be clearing much of that by using the kit.

That being said, the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-matic and a shared inventory slot to put it into has been one of the best things I have bought with Gems.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Not owning either, I can however say why the Silver-fed is uninteresting to me:
Mystic Salvage Kit

250 uses and I only use it for Rare+? I keep one on every character and it takes a good long while until I have to remake one.

Sure, with things like ABML it’s spent faster than before, but still not fast enough to motivate a permanent. I haven’t had to purchase Mystic Forge Stones ( I get them in login rewards often enough), and discounting those, the cost / use for the Mystic is 10c, while Silver-fed is 60c.

The only way I could see a Silver-fed be worth it is if you ABML absurdly much!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Neither, you pay more for the convenience of the kit taking up 1 slot and never running out. but its more expensive per salavge that mystic kits.
So if monetary value is important to you, the permanent salvage ktis never earn their buck

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

More expensive per salvage than mystic kits only if you don’t need to buy mystic forge stones. You may think you have plenty mystic forge stones today but if you do any amount of wholesale salvage, it goes through them quickly. In the last 30 days I salvage 1500+ rare armors. That’s 7 mystic salvage kits or 21 MFSs. At 135-150 gems of MFS per mystic kit, silver fed quickly pays for itself at 500 gems. For me personally.

Now that said I only use the silver on rare. In those same 30 days I salvaged 28,000+ white/blue/green armors, 9,300+ green with minor runes. My cost with copper fed is about 8.5g but I get roughly 3g in minor runes. My cost with a silver fed would be 170 gold with 12g in minor runes. So yeah, using a silver fed on w/b/g gear, not worth it.

But I’m way outside the norm when it comes to salvaging.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I use copper fed all the time. Rare equipment goes to BLTC if it is a weapon or salvaged if it is armor.

Put salvaging tools in a shared bag slot for easy access across your account. Forge a Mystic salvage kit or use a master salvage kit if you do not have gems for the silver fed, which is not nearly as useful as the copper fed.